Coffee doesn't wake you up.

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Laughing because there was an ad for Heroes Brew Gourmet Coffees to the right of my screen as I was reading this.
    >
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    I don't drink coffee so I agree.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Did a search - no dice so I think I'm in the clear for posting this.

Coffee doesn't wake you up - that early morning cup just reverses the effect of overnight withdrawal - according to a study.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1283421/Coffee-does-NOT-wake-Its-mind.html

eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

oh yeh, should also say I'm not a fan of addictions.

Being an Aussie I am a tea drinker and ALWAYS have a cuppa in the morning, I wouldn't say I was addicted.............. but it is hard to decided which to do when I first get up.............. put the kettle on or the loo....................... the kettle usually wins........... lol

I am not a fan of sanctimonious people who think they know it all, I hate to tell you but everyone has some sort of "addiction " which may be just a habit that they have. None of would be a" fan of addictions " to drugs or alcohol or any other sort of debilitating addiction. I think you are a being self-righteousness with a lack of compassion for those with an addiction as I am sure most people who have an addiction of some sort wouldn't be truly happy for example there may be people on this site who have a food addiction and that is why they are here for support to loose weight !

Anyone for coffee......................................
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    I did a search for information saying milk causes cancer. I found studies that supported it. I also found studies that went against it.

Why?

Because the internet is full of information that you can twist to make it say anything you want. Kudos to you for picking up one article out of a multitude and claiming it as the tell-all conclusion.

Personally, I'm anti-sanctimonious people who think that they're the *kitten* and a bag of chips on the side. You don't agree with coffee "waking" people up? Don't drink it.

Bam. Problem solved, and no need for holier-than-thou posts on the interwebs.
  • Dear OP,

Don't give me or anyone else **** about having coffee, I checked out your diary and you almost have a cup everyday!! Seems like someone needs to realize they too have an addiction. The first step is admitting:flowerforyou:

ibxwg5.jpg
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Dear OP,

Don't give me or anyone else **** about having coffee, I checked out your diary and you almost have a cup everyday!! Seems like someone needs to realize they too have an addiction. The first step is admitting:flowerforyou:

ibxwg5.jpg

Really?Nice catch, that's a high horse she's up on, maybe not so perfect and odor free after all.....................or just trollin
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Did a search - no dice so I think I'm in the clear for posting this.

Coffee doesn't wake you up - that early morning cup just reverses the effect of overnight withdrawal - according to a study.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1283421/Coffee-does-NOT-wake-Its-mind.html

eer yeh should probably say I'm really anti people who say they need a coffee to wake up or just have coffee for 'breakfast'. :oP

oh yeh, should also say I'm not a fan of addictions.

Being an Aussie I am a tea drinker and ALWAYS have a cuppa in the morning, I wouldn't say I was addicted.............. but it is hard to decided which to do when I first get up.............. put the kettle on or the loo....................... the kettle usually wins........... lol

I am not a fan of sanctimonious people who think they know it all, I hate to tell you but everyone has some sort of "addiction " which may be just a habit that they have. None of would be a" fan of addictions " to drugs or alcohol or any other sort of debilitating addiction. I think you are a being self-righteousness with a lack of compassion for those with an addiction as I am sure most people who have an addiction of some sort wouldn't be truly happy for example there may be people on this site who have a food addiction and that is why they are here for support to loose weight !

Anyone for coffee......................................

Love Aussie's! Now even more after reading this! Thanks, for sticking up for us coffee drinkers (and all other varieties of addicts). :flowerforyou:
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    I like the ritual of coffee. The smell, the taste, the color of cafe au lait, enjoying a nice cup sitting by my window watching the birds and trees while reading some nursing magazines. Sometimes I even have coffee while I workout (along with water!) on my rushed days. Same with espresso. It's more than just a caffeine dose. If it's not my coffee ritual it's a nice hot cup of earl grey and then I wind down after work and clincials with rooibos or sleepytime vanilla. It's an experience!
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Love Aussie's! Now even more after reading this! Thanks, for sticking up for us coffee drinkers (and all other varieties of addicts). :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Your welcome :flowerforyou: , she really got me annoyed......
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    coffee makes me sleepy
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Caffeine is an addiction like any other... and it has far more negative side effects then positive...

That said, I still have my bottle of diet coke every day. *blush* I just like it okay! DON'T JUDGE ME! *clings to bottle*
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Fixing the overnight withdraw wakes me up. :mad:
    I Love my coffee :drinker:

^^^^^My smiley is drinking coffee.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I have never really liked the taste of coffee and being that I live in FL I hardly ever drink a hot drink because of the weather being so hot all the time. I started drinking a powder all natural supplement called Greens that balances your bodies pH system and puts your body in an alkaline state (which is the state that helps to naturally fight off diseases such as cancer, diabetes, etc.). This gives me a boost of energy better than any energy drink I have ever had. I hardly drink soda anymore too. Here is the info on it

https://wrapwithstefanie.myitworks.com/Shop/Product/309
    Now you can alkalize, energize, and detoxify wherever you go with Greens on the Go™. Get your daily 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in a convenient packet you can drop in your purse, store in your desk, or pack in a travel bag. You’ll stay healthy and energetic at the office or on your next vacation with alkalizing properties that balance your pH levels, helping boost your immune system and support overall health and wellness. Greens on the Go blends 38 herbs and nutrient-rich “superfoods” to provide vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and enzymes in their naturally-occurring, bioactive, bioavailable form. It’s quick, complete nutrition you can take anywhere!

• Nutritional value of 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables in every pack!
    • Balances pH levels to detoxify, alkalize, and boost immune system health
    • Blends 38 herbs and nutrient-rich “superfoods”
    •Delicious orange-flavored powder pack you can mix on the go
    • Quick, complete nutrition wherever you are!

Includes 30 single serve packets

Directions: Mix one packet with 8 fl. ounces of water or juice. Mix thoroughly. Avoid using 3-4 hours prior to bedtime. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.

And that would not be your picture as the distributor on that web site would it? No, because that would be against the forum rules!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Coffee never wakes me up.:) I can drink one before I go to bed and sleep in 10 minutes.

Ditto, but that's because I have ADHD. Stimulants don't have the same effect on me as they do on most people. Which is why ADHD mediation is stimulant based (most of them anyway).

But I enjoy the taste, and I still drink a cup every morning regardless!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I did a search for information saying milk causes cancer. I found studies that supported it. I also found studies that went against it.

Why?

Because the internet is full of information that you can twist to make it say anything you want. Kudos to you for picking up one article out of a multitude and claiming it as the tell-all conclusion.

Personally, I'm anti-sanctimonious people who think that they're the *kitten* and a bag of chips on the side. You don't agree with coffee "waking" people up? Don't drink it.

Bam. Problem solved, and no need for holier-than-thou posts on the interwebs.

^^this

And echoing the comment re the source by an earlier poster...the Daily Mail - seriously?
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Hello my name is Kittie and I'm addicted to coffee and proud of it.
  • I drink it because I enjoy it. It tastes yummy. I use Truvia instead of Sugar and since I like it really sweet, I think it's a good compromise. I'm another who can drink a big cup of it and then fall asleep. I haven't had it in a few weeks and the only thing I miss is the taste. There's no "wake up" in it for me, especially since my first cup wasn't until I'd been awake a few hours already.
  • It may not wake me up but I'm pretty sure it has saved people's lives...kept me from killing them. :tongue:

I love my coffee & it is one thing I won't give up. Call me addicted. I really don't care. :drinker:
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    i am usually a 6-7 cup a day drinker, but
    i actually quit drinking coffee for 6 months , and i used to wake up much faster and stay awake during the day much better than i do drinking the coffee.
    unfortunatly i slipped back into the coffee routine.

oh and caffiene withdrawals are nasty headaches ,not tiredness .. so you article isnt all that true about withdrawals
    You're absolutely right on the headaches if you go cold turkey ... horrible headaches!
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    it was coffee or meth...

I think I chose the right one...

Why choose just one?

11.JPG

Yes!