Corn used my man-parts as a speedbag.

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Now copy & paste this to 95% of the stupid posts in the forums!!!

Does that include this comment?

I like how people like to think they were born genius!
  • ediesmommy
    ediesmommy Posts: 76
    How did you know my dumb-bells were hot pink?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    SS... you are so BA! :love:
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    YEAH! and reach your goal when you become a senior citizen.

That was kind of my plan. :wink:

Any chance we can get the original post made a sticky?
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    You can eat food IN bed.

Unless it's Triscuits. That stuff scratches.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    You don't need to eat clean.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree somewhat on this. There's too much processed garbage that's loaded with chemicals out there. I sure do feel a lot better since it's being phased out of my diet.

If you can show me that eating clean is a necessity I will conclude that you are correct and I am wrong.

Additionally, clean is an ambiguous term. Is whey protein clean? What about cheese?

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Moreover, will eating clean result in greater weight loss? Will the presence of "some" processed foods in the context of a nutrient sufficient diet, have any negative impact?

You are welcome to disagree, I am not offended.

But I am also not convinced that I am wrong.
    I'm convinced that you're convinced that you're right and convinced that I agree.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree somewhat on this. There's too much processed garbage that's loaded with chemicals out there. I sure do feel a lot better since it's being phased out of my diet.

If you can show me that eating clean is a necessity I will conclude that you are correct and I am wrong.

Additionally, clean is an ambiguous term. Is whey protein clean? What about cheese?

Moreover, will eating clean result in greater weight loss? Will the presence of "some" processed foods in the context of a nutrient sufficient diet, have any negative impact?

I'm convinced that you're convinced that you're right and convinced that I agree.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You are correct sir =)
  • taunto

Saw somebody losing weight eating McD's everyday. So yes, you're right eating "clean" isn't a necessity. Also agree that eating clean is a fairly vague terms. In my book, if I pick up the item and in the ingredients list can pronounce most of the items then its clean eating to me. Supplements ofcourse such as protein shakes and vitamins etc are exceptions.

But I think most of the more knowledgeable folks on this site take the eating clean a bit too aggressively. Cheetos vs. yogurt. KFC drumsticks vs. whole wheat bread. All of those are fairly processed foods but Cheetos and KFC are fairly low on nutrition and it gets harder (not impossible) to lose weight on that kind of diet
  • mrob81
    mrob81 Posts: 36
    Nice post.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    This bears a shocking resemblance to common sense. I am appalled.

hahahahahaha. Love!!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member

Saw somebody losing weight eating McD's everyday. So yes, you're right eating "clean" isn't a necessity. Also agree that eating clean is a fairly vague terms. In my book, if I pick up the item and in the ingredients list can pronounce most of the items then its clean eating to me. Supplements ofcourse such as protein shakes and vitamins etc are exceptions.

But I think most of the more knowledgeable folks on this site take the eating clean a bit too aggressively. Cheetos vs. yogurt. KFC drumsticks vs. whole wheat bread. All of those are fairly processed foods but Cheetos and KFC are fairly low on nutrition and it gets harder (not impossible) to lose weight on that kind of diet

I lost a substantial part of my initial 40lbs, making sure I got my full protein in...and otherwise surviving on pretty much nothing but Taco Bell.

*shrug*

It wasn't the 'best' diet, but it didn't slow down my weight loss.
  • Sidesteal

This would be where the "common sense with food selection" part comes up in the post.

Speaking generally (not at you in particular), eat "mostly" nutrient dense and minimally processed foods, and if you want to, eat "some" junk food, lets say KFC and Cheetos, but fit those foods into your macros, and with a little moderation you'll do quite well. Point being, don't stress out over a chicken wing or some corn. IIFYM.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Love this post!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Since that KSU nutrition professor lost 30 lbs. on a Twinkie diet, I think the 'eat clean' thing is debunked, at least speaking strictly about weight loss.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member

This would be where the "common sense with food selection" part comes up in the post.

Speaking generally (not at you in particular), eat "mostly" nutrient dense and minimally processed foods, and if you want to, eat "some" junk food, lets say KFC and Cheetos, but fit those foods into your macros, and with a little moderation you'll do quite well. Point being, don't stress out over a chicken wing or some corn. IIFYM.

Again, right on.
  • taunto

oh I agree and I understand the need that folks should be using common sense along with learning about their own body needs too. I was just making a point about clean eating and how vague that term is and how different folks on MFP takes different meanings out of it
  • taunto
    I lost a substantial part of my initial 40lbs, making sure I got my full protein in...and otherwise surviving on pretty much nothing but Taco Bell.

*shrug*

It wasn't the 'best' diet, but it didn't slow down my weight loss.

Like I said, for most of us its hard to lose weight eating JUST taco bell and such. Not saying its impossible (as seen by you and the guy losing weight eating McD's). If I were to be on a 100% junk food diet, I don't think I can lose even a lb
  • Sidesteal

oh I agree and I understand the need that folks should be using common sense along with learning about their own body needs too. I was just making a point about clean eating and how vague that term is and how different folks on MFP takes different meanings out of it

^ Absolutely, and this is one of the inherent problems with the term itself, and using that term to decide what to eat.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Love this but just can wrap my head around most of it. If this were truly the case 90% of us wouldn't have gotten fat to begin with, how do you think we got here? Eating too much starchy white junk probably. I wish is were all true though, id have a much better time getting these last 5 lbs to budge!
  • rohmaansarii
    rohmaansarii Posts: 39 Member
    Hahah love it