Green Mill - low cal pizza

julieofthewolves
julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
If any of you have a Green Mill around and want a great pizza that is low calorie (290 for 1/2 the pizza) try there Low Cal Chicken Pizza. That's what I had last night for dinner and it was awesome. Thin wheat crust with a light tomato sauce, chicken, basil, feta and parmesean cheese. It was really tasty and half the pizza was very filling.

Replies

• julieofthewolves
    If any of you have a Green Mill around and want a great pizza that is low calorie (290 for 1/2 the pizza) try there Low Cal Chicken Pizza. That's what I had last night for dinner and it was awesome. Thin wheat crust with a light tomato sauce, chicken, basil, feta and parmesean cheese. It was really tasty and half the pizza was very filling.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I am sorry to say we don’t have Green Mill here. The pizza sounds wonderful though. I love pizza. Want to FedEx one of those yummy sounding puppies to me lol.
    You have given me an idea though. I am trying to remember what someone told me once that they used as a crust and made home made pizzas that were really good, low fat and low cal. (I seem to be having a major brain fart) Any suggestions from anyone would be great.
    Since I found the recipe calculator at SparkPeople I am enjoying cooking again. I am learning that some of my recipes are OK to eat just the way I was doing them before. I am also finding ways to “Skinny Up” some of my others as well. I put the ingredients in and it tells me how many calories are in each serving.
    Next time I go to the store I am going to look for ways to make “Healthy Pizza”. And really pizza is like a sandwich or a wrap….you can make them any ol way ya wan’a. It doesn’t have to be just same ol traditional toppings that we see on the menu. We can think out of the box and go with the healthy toppings. YeeHaa I’m going to have pizza sometime soon. :bigsmile:
    Thanks for jogging my memory and giving me the idea.
    Have A Great Day!
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Mmmmmmm.. pizza.
    I think we'll have a pizza night soon.
    Anyone know who has the best whole wheat pizza crust?
  • julieofthewolves
    Joanne - No idea about the best whole wheat crust, but if you find out let us know.

I think that this pizza thing could work pretty well. Like you said Loretta Jo it's kind-of like a wrap or sandwich - you can do whatever you want with it. I am going to try more with this - try some crusts and different kinds of cheese. The low fat feta is really good. Throw in some shrimp and spinach or artichokes and I would be happy! Mozzerella is probably the lowest fat of regular cheese.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Thanks for more great ideas Julie. I just added the low fat feta, shrimp, spinach and artichokes to my list of things to look for at the store. If anybody has more
    ideas for low cal toppings or crusts please share them with us…..this is great!
    Thanks Again,
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Hello people, the grocery store has the whole wheat crust and then I just make my own low fat pizza. By choosing the same sort of ingredients you found in you low cal pizza at Green Mill. It was a recipe I got from I think "Looney Spoons" cook book (one of the following three anyway). This cook book is by Janet and Greta Podleski. They have three publilcations "Looney Spoons", Crazy Plates" and "Eat Shrink and Be Merry". These cook books are "Great-Tasting food that won't go from you lips to your hips". "Low fat food so good. You'll swear it's bad for you!". They are very well illustrated, comical actually. They give you the calories for each recipe and the cholestorol etc. Excellent cook books.
This discussion has been closed.