depressing or motivational

Options
So today I bought myself a new workout outfit and a new pair of pants. When I got home I decided to clean out the closet. Im not sure if that was a great idea or not. It was very depressing to come across a few pair of size 3 pants. I haven't decided if this should depress me even more , or give me more motivation. I am so very frustrated as I have been trying to loose weight and tone up since the end of december and I have not lost one pound, and no my measurements haven't changed either. I have been working with a trainer for the last two and a half weeks, so I am hoping that will make a difference. Quitting smoking has messed with my metabolism something fierce, it has been eight months now, and I just figured that it would let this weight go. Thanks for letting me vent....
Dawn

Replies

• dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    So today I bought myself a new workout outfit and a new pair of pants. When I got home I decided to clean out the closet. Im not sure if that was a great idea or not. It was very depressing to come across a few pair of size 3 pants. I haven't decided if this should depress me even more , or give me more motivation. I am so very frustrated as I have been trying to loose weight and tone up since the end of december and I have not lost one pound, and no my measurements haven't changed either. I have been working with a trainer for the last two and a half weeks, so I am hoping that will make a difference. Quitting smoking has messed with my metabolism something fierce, it has been eight months now, and I just figured that it would let this weight go. Thanks for letting me vent....
    Dawn
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Don't let it depress you. I bet those size 3's were way out of style anyway. Think about the hot, in style jeans you are going to buy for yourself in 3 or 4 months, after you have begun seeing results from your new workout routine! :bigsmile: And you know something, even if you were to GAIN 5 lbs, you would still be in way better shape for having quit smoking. (I know how hard that is too, I'm on month 2 of no smoking). You are doing the right thing, don't lose sight of that over a silly, Barbie sized pair of jeans! (Seriously, who wears a size 3 past age 15?!)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Dawn

Dawn, It WILL happen for you. Stick with it. Smoking DOES play havoc with the metabolism. Once your body settles, it will all be good!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You are doing this for your body! Quitting smoking is so much more important right now than a couple pounds. Focus on that, while still working on your weight loss. It will happen soon enough, and you lungs are thanking you!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Dawn, sweetie!

I was a smoker for 25 years. You are losing two old friends at once, right? Bad-for-you-food AND cigarettes. There are lots of psychological adjustments. Vent away! I'm having a good day. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

Not only does a non-smoker have a longer lifespan, but my doctor told me it is WAY better to be twenty pounds overweight than to smoke. You WILL lose the weight. You can't lose lung cancer or emphysema. (spell?)

Great work at the spring house-cleaning too! Clutter will weigh you down spiritually.

Right on, girl! :flowerforyou:

~Cheryl
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! I know there is a reason that I am sticking to this, it is all the wonderful support from everyone on this website...
    Thanks
    Dawn