COUCH TO 5K

13»

Replies

• seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    I only managed to do 17mins of it, i was dying!!! Hope I get better and improve?

You might have been running too fast. Just slow right down and take your time.
  • MrsSweetT
    MrsSweetT Posts: 90 Member
    Well, I tried it...didn't do too well but I'm not giving up.:ohwell: I'm going to have to go at a slower pace but I'm determined...I will be able to run consistently for at least 15 minutes!
  • irishkrissie
    irishkrissie Posts: 36 Member
    where can i find the info on this? i want to try it too!!! someone get back to me!!!! thanks!!

There's a free iPhone app, not sure about other phones. There's also a website: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml.

Good luck!
  • irishkrissie
    I only managed to do 17mins of it, i was dying!!! Hope I get better and improve?

Don't run- jog. You should be able to talk while jogging. Speed will come eventually for now you need to build endurance. I started out jogging about 4.2, I've only been jogging a few weeks and I can jog at 5.0 now with no distress.
  • MrsSweetT
    Well, I tried it...didn't do too well but I'm not giving up.:ohwell: I'm going to have to go at a slower pace but I'm determined...I will be able to run consistently for at least 15 minutes!

I did it...I finished W1D3, just at a slower pace but I did it & it feel so good, although it hurted so bad...one of those bitter sweet moments.:smooched:
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    I am starting W3D3 in a few minutes. Good luck to all of you.
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    I'm on W1D3 right now. The lovely British summer is making this a challenge. Day 1 and 2 it was 20 Celsius, humid and today it's wet, windy and about 10 celcius.

Determined to get out between the showers though.

I tried this last summer and failed terribly. Couldn't jog the first three sets without gasping for air. Think doing Insanity over the winter and dropping a couple of pounds has helped me as I can get through it all with a reasonable jogging speed at the minute. Not sure how next week will go though, but, if I can't do it I'll just do another round of Week 1. Slow and steady wins the race and all!
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    I went out this morning in the pouring rain! Think having a friend to do it with helps, she didn't want to cancel and let me down and vice versa. Rain was horrendous but figure if we can do it in that we can do it in any weather!
  • MrsSweetT
    Ok...I'm starting on W2D1 today, hope I'm able to finish it w/o stopping. If not, I'll just keep trying it until I can...
  • irishkrissie
    How is everyone doing!?? I just finished W3D3 yesterday, about to hop into W4 tomorrow... I'm scared! I started looking forward, and I guess I shouldn't. Just trust the program!
  • bazaar1982
    I on w3d3 tomorrow. Eek.
  • irishkrissie
    I on w3d3 tomorrow. Eek.

I liked week 3- I finally felt like I was getting somewhere! Today (W4) was hard. Maybe harder than it should have been because I used the elliptical for 20m and walked 3 miles yesterday, plus it was 80 out when I went running. I'm not short of breath at all anymore (yay!) which means I can pace myself, but I get sore :(
  • bazaar1982
    Week 5 on weds :o I'm scared!

Took the dog out with me today - he loved it but was getting tired by the end do decided to try and kill me by running under my feet!!
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    I started Wednesday, supposed to train every other day, so I'm not sure what to put in the other days, so I'm doing it every day till I figure it out, day 1 twice, day 2 twice etc.
  • bazaar1982
    How we all doing?
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Do y'all use the free app or the pay app?
  • bazaar1982
    I use 10k runner, I paid but there is a free version (to get you started), found it to be the best one for me.