One month Anniversary/13 Pounds gone!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Well, I joined MFP one month ago today, and as of this morning, I have lost 13 pounds!!!!! LOTS more to go but that's about 10% of what I hope to lose, so I'm getting there. I feel great, too! Blood sugar terrific, HBP under control. When I started a month ago, it took me 80 minutes to ride 7 miles. Yesterday I did that same route in 35 minutes :drinker: My resting HB has gone from 94 to 80, too. I'm ordering a HRM today (Pay DAYYYY) to help better track my exercise calories.

I LOVE MFP!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Well, I joined MFP one month ago today, and as of this morning, I have lost 13 pounds!!!!! LOTS more to go but that's about 10% of what I hope to lose, so I'm getting there. I feel great, too! Blood sugar terrific, HBP under control. When I started a month ago, it took me 80 minutes to ride 7 miles. Yesterday I did that same route in 35 minutes :drinker: My resting HB has gone from 94 to 80, too. I'm ordering a HRM today (Pay DAYYYY) to help better track my exercise calories.

I LOVE MFP!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Awesome, keep it up :flowerforyou:

I've been on MFP since 1/7/08 and I am as motivated as much if not more now as I was in the beginning:happy:

This has been a wonderful experience. :drinker:
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Congrats!!Great job!!:flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP with gusto 1 month ago today, and I lost 10 lbs so far!

Keep it up! :drinker:
  • Cheri_T
    Cheri_T Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today is the day I step on that evil scale as well. And, it is also my month anniversary for getting on board with MFP. I have lost a total of 11 pounds so far!:wink:

Way to Go Everyone!
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thats amazing way to work! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    WTG:flowerforyou: Great job !!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wahoo!!! That is awesome. Congratulations to all the "big losers" :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! 13 pounds in one month! That's great! This is a great website. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    We celebrated by going out to eat at our favorite place--used to go there about 3x a week but haven't been in month now. I was good and got the unbreaded braised pork chops. BUT the hard part was when the waitress saw us come in and knowing I used to always get a chocolate shake started making it and brought it to the table !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I had to apologize and ask her to take it back that I didn't want one today. :brokenheart: AARRRRGGHHH--And it looked so good. They make them in the old fashioned metal large cups and bring you the extra in the metal cup, so you really get like 2 milkshakes for the price of 1!!

Instead, I stopped on the way home and got some Carb Smart Ice Cream and had a 1/2 cup for dessert here at the house.

I can still smell that big ole chocolate shake though!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    We celebrated by going out to eat at our favorite place--used to go there about 3x a week but haven't been in month now. I was good and got the unbreaded braised pork chops. BUT the hard part was when the waitress saw us come in and knowing I used to always get a chocolate shake started making it and brought it to the table !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: I had to apologize and ask her to take it back that I didn't want one today. :brokenheart: AARRRRGGHHH--And it looked so good. They make them in the old fashioned metal large cups and bring you the extra in the metal cup, so you really get like 2 milkshakes for the price of 1!!

Instead, I stopped on the way home and got some Carb Smart Ice Cream and had a 1/2 cup for dessert here at the house.

I can still smell that big ole chocolate shake though!!

Good for you! I am impressed! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Keep up the excellent work!!!! This is NOT easy and definitely takes willpower and patience! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: