I am TAKING control. PLEASE READ :)

YAYAY. I made it 2 whole days! That is a huge accomplishment for me. I ate great the past two days and exercise is my NEW BEST FRIEND! I joined a gym yesterday and never been happier. I am TAKING CONTROL OF MY LIFE. I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY. I PRAY TO GOD I can keep this up! Let me tell you a little bit bout myself.

I am a 22 year old mom to the most amazing gift God has ever given anyone :) (My son), and I work full time at a daycare and bring my son with me:), and then go to college full time, trying to finish up so I can be an elementary school teacher. . In the mix of this, I am going through a very bad divorce, to a man who abused me verbally, mentally and a few times physically for 3 years until I finally had enough and walked out! I am a strong believer in marriage, and didn't want a divorce, but I HAD to get out of there for me, and especially for our son. I absolutely LOVE my job at the daycare, which I SURPRISINGLY got TWO DAYS after I left my husband!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it amazing how things happen???

I am a VERY emotional eater, and I think I am finally beating it! I can do this!!! I WILL do this. Go me. I am so happy. I have never been this happy in my life!!!!!!

Replies

• cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Congratulations on all of the positive improvements in your life! It's hard work, but you can do it. I have a little girl who is nine and her father and I split up before she was born. I worked full-time in a school office while I went back to school at night and online to become a special ed teacher. It was a long six years, but I did it and you can, too! I wish you nothing but the best. :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you so much cah0806 :) I like your quote on your page. "One day at a time" I am always rushing things and wanting results NOW, but I actually made the decision yesterday to do this one day at a time!
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I am truly happy for you and your tone shows that you are at a point in life where you have never been before which is awesome....keep up the positive attitude and you'll definitely have continued success! Also, a big kudos to you for knowing when to say enough is enough (in regards to your marriage as well as weight loss).
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Hey xoalyssaox! GOOD FOR YOU! It sounds like you're taking charge of your life and embracing the positive and shedding the negative. Keep at it!
  • Great for you! Keep it up! I recently found out I was diabetic and cutting out sugar has been a bear to say the very least - then keeping a close eye on the carbs on top of that AHHHHHHH!

But if I can do it the you can do it.

You mentioned God above. All positive change in my life has come from him and this is no exception. It's only been about 3 weeks, the first few times I walked I had to pray over and over God give me the legs, God give me the back, and God give me the will, PLEASE and now I've gotten to where I feel wonderful on the treadmill (not just afterward).

If I can -you can

JHB
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Way too go!! So many positives in your life, and remember when it gets hard being a single mom, you did right by your son, children of abusers tend to get abused or be abuser!!! And Verbal is as bad as physical. Keep up you good work, you are worth it! I have children with chronic illnesses and my saying for 5 nyears has been "God will never give you more then you can handle, as long as you believe!"
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Great job! It sounds like you are really getting your life on track and to a much better place than you were! Good luck and best wishes in everything!

-Alison
  • Thanks everyone :)