Knee High Boots Week 1

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    And the decision has been made!

Azure Emanuel Briguglio is the new baby grandsons name! What do I know from Italian! When she post pictures I will forward! Welcome to the world Azure

how do you pronounce that

A-Sir? but more z sounding?
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Thanks NykkieZ :happy: It's funny because I spell it that way because I think it looks prettier, and just to confuse people, because my real name, Caitlin, is spelled with a C. :laugh:

Congrats again, Cz! Can't wait to see the pix!! Indeedy, how do you pronounce that?

JM, it happens :wink: :ohwell: I think we all do that!!

Loathesome, I'm taking my first ever socio class this semester and you're right, it IS hard to examine situations without our normal biases but it is quite interesting to attempt it!! I suppose the trick is to detatch yourself emotionally. I LOVE my professor, she's so passionate about the subject and really likes to present controversial subjects and videos to us (keeps things interesting!) and I'm looking forward to taking some more psych classes if my ed. plan allows for it!
  • foxyforce
    Thanks NykkieZ :happy: It's funny because I spell it that way because I think it looks prettier, and just to confuse people, because my real name, Caitlin, is spelled with a C. :laugh:

Congrats again, Cz! Can't wait to see the pix!! Indeedy, how do you pronounce that?

JM, it happens :wink: :ohwell: I think we all do that!!

Loathesome, I'm taking my first ever socio class this semester and you're right, it IS hard to examine situations without our normal biases but it is quite interesting to attempt it!! I suppose the trick is to detatch yourself emotionally. I LOVE my professor, she's so passionate about the subject and really likes to present controversial subjects and videos to us (keeps things interesting!) and I'm looking forward to taking some more psych classes if my ed. plan allows for it!

yeah the key word is "controversial", that is what is important in society so it sounds like you have a great prof. if you ever want to share anything, i would be happy to hear :smile:

i feel like crap this morning ladies, i slept through my alarm clock, or it is broken, bu ti bet i slept through it. which leads me to miss a class i have alerady missed like 3 of. and it is a small, 15 person class! and i sent my prof an email yesterday apologizing for not making it a prior priority and that i would see him today. i feel like totaly crap.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Azure pronounced Azz youre like azure blue

it means morning sky
    The Italian spelling Azzuro means flapping magpie Thank god they picked the english spelling
  • foxyforce
    Azure pronounced Azz youre like azure blue

it means morning sky
    The Italian spelling Azzuro means flapping magpie Thank god they picked the english spelling

aw that is beautiful :)
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    <

Azure Emanuel Briguglio New grandson. yes he looks like grandma! LOL
    If you can so the picture post thingy so the pic is bigger please do!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    <

He's beautiful CZ!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    <

What a beautiful baby!

Hi ladies, I need some advice:

I have a great job in theory, I work as a Sales Administration rep for my company and also deal with Customer Service. I get great pay, and I love working with people.

I have two wretched co-workers that make every day a living hell for me. They've been with the company longer than I've been alive and they feel like they are the king of the hill and what they say goes. They're complete bullies and it's gotten out of hand to the point where they make up things about me, such as: I leave early every day, I never take phone calls, I never put orders in, I just sit at my desk all day and do nothing.
    I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning because I dread coming here so much and am so depressed (I am taking medication to help with this).

When I get home I am so mentally exhausted that many days I come home and cry and just want to spend time with my husband - I have slacked off on exercising to the point that I feel that it's a waste of time because it's taking time away from my time with my husband (he works 6 days a week a lot of times 9 hr days so while it's not terrible, we don't spend as much time as we'd like together).

My eating has been okay during the week but the weekends I just don't care anymore. Since I'm so frustrated with work it kind of bleeds into everything else.

Do you guys have any advice about how to get out of this rut? I don't like it and want to get back on the wagon especially since I am so close to my goal.

Thanks for reading my book haha.
  • foxyforce
    <

What a beautiful baby!

I have a great job in theory, I work as a Sales Administration rep for my company and also deal with Customer Service. I get great pay, and I love working with people.

I have two wretched co-workers that make every day a living hell for me. They've been with the company longer than I've been alive and they feel like they are the king of the hill and what they say goes. They're complete bullies and it's gotten out of hand to the point where they make up things about me, such as: I leave early every day, I never take phone calls, I never put orders in, I just sit at my desk all day and do nothing.
    I can barely get myself out of bed in the morning because I dread coming here so much and am so depressed (I am taking medication to help with this).

When I get home I am so mentally exhausted that many days I come home and cry and just want to spend time with my husband - I have slacked off on exercising to the point that I feel that it's a waste of time because it's taking time away from my time with my husband (he works 6 days a week a lot of times 9 hr days so while it's not terrible, we don't spend as much time as we'd like together).

My eating has been okay during the week but the weekends I just don't care anymore. Since I'm so frustrated with work it kind of bleeds into everything else.

Do you guys have any advice about how to get out of this rut? I don't like it and want to get back on the wagon especially since I am so close to my goal.

have you ever talked to the bullies about their behavior?

i'm sorry you are going through a hard time. i have had a coworker that i really hated because she was such a mean person but never anyone who was that bad. however, i would talk to her had things gotten worse. she was mean to others instead of me, and i had always plannedo n talking to her, but if never put me over the edge where i came home in tears. she would pull files on clients from her other jobs to show me just so i wouldn't advocate for them...yet it was my job to advocate. just really unethicical unprofessional behavior. i would advocate anyway, and still meet with my clients, but she just always acted like i did't know how to do my job just because she has been in the field for like 20 years longer that me...but hello burn out!
    talk to them. ask them, "what gives you the impression that i don't do my work around here?" "we are all valuable employees here" and a good foreceful "if you have a problem with me, that will effect your ability to work, it has been effecting mine, and i have no problem in seeking mediation on this matter so that we are both working in a productive environment" and then report their *kitten*!
  • NykkieC
    <

What a beautiful baby!

i'm sorry you are going through a hard time. i have had a coworker that i really hated because she was such a mean person but never anyone who was that bad. however, i would talk to her had things gotten worse. she was mean to others instead of me, and i had always plannedo n talking to her, but if never put me over the edge where i came home in tears. she would pull files on clients from her other jobs to show me just so i wouldn't advocate for them...yet it was my job to advocate. just really unethicical unprofessional behavior. i would advocate anyway, and still meet with my clients, but she just always acted like i did't know how to do my job just because she has been in the field for like 20 years longer that me...but hello burn out!
    talk to them. ask them, "what gives you the impression that i don't do my work around here?" "we are all valuable employees here" and a good foreceful "if you have a problem with me, that will effect your ability to work, it has been effecting mine, and i have no problem in seeking mediation on this matter so that we are both working in a productive environment" and then report their *kitten*!

I forgot to mention that it's a super small company, there's only 6 of us in the office, and 2 salesmen that work out of their home.
    She (there's one that's worse than the other) does everything behind my back and is super sweet to me to my face, so she'll just deny that she said anything like that. She's 10 times as cruel to our HR gal and she's pretty much thrown in the towel. Our CEO doesn't really do anything about it either, but she was suspended for all of this about a month ago. She was good for about 2 weeks and it all started again but worse.

Our CEO finally got sick of the he said she said and is making us tally every single thing we do (calls, e-mails, orders put in) and she looks 10 times better than me on paper even though we're "supposed" to be equal - she knows things that she will never share with me so she always has the upper hand. I feel like I'm taking a test that I will fail every day. :ohwell:

I worked at another company for 2 years prior to this one and it was a huge company with a great HR system and clear boundaries on what would and wouldn't be tolerated. I had a bad co-worker there too but I had such a great group of co-workers other than her it never really bothered me and she did it to my face so I called her out on it and she stopped. I'm pretty much singled out here and my only ally is one of the guys that works from his home - he's two states away!

Thanks loathesome for your advice and thank you for letting me vent!
  • foxyforce
    <

What a beautiful baby!

I forgot to mention that it's a super small company, there's only 6 of us in the office, and 2 salesmen that work out of their home.
    She (there's one that's worse than the other) does everything behind my back and is super sweet to me to my face, so she'll just deny that she said anything like that. She's 10 times as cruel to our HR gal and she's pretty much thrown in the towel. Our CEO doesn't really do anything about it either, but she was suspended for all of this about a month ago. She was good for about 2 weeks and it all started again but worse.

Our CEO finally got sick of the he said she said and is making us tally every single thing we do (calls, e-mails, orders put in) and she looks 10 times better than me on paper even though we're "supposed" to be equal - she knows things that she will never share with me so she always has the upper hand. I feel like I'm taking a test that I will fail every day. :ohwell:

I worked at another company for 2 years prior to this one and it was a huge company with a great HR system and clear boundaries on what would and wouldn't be tolerated. I had a bad co-worker there too but I had such a great group of co-workers other than her it never really bothered me and she did it to my face so I called her out on it and she stopped. I'm pretty much singled out here and my only ally is one of the guys that works from his home - he's two states away!

Thanks loathesome for your advice and thank you for letting me vent!

if she does everything behind your back, i would still bring it up with her, just ask her "Are we ok?" "How do you find our working relationship" kill her with kindness and humility. if it is small, everyone else will see it and have your back for the most part. if not, then just keep your chin up.
  • NykkieC
    Thank you - I think I may request to talk to her with our HR gal and CEO present.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Thank you - I think I may request to talk to her with our HR gal and CEO present.

That's a great idea!
    Funny that you mention your problems today, of all days, because I'm going through the same type of BS, and today was overly frustrating. My biggest problem is that it's not a co-worker, it's my boss!!! He's just a manager, I'm dating one of the VP's... so I have a relationship with other VP's outside of work. They feel they can approach me when they need things done, but "nose-picker" (that's what I call my boss :laugh: ) thinks it's going over his head, likes to pound his chest "I'm the man and you need to do what I say, nobody else". He gets VERY annoying! :explode: Little does he realize I'm only waiting for them to find my replacement, then my promotion goes through and I won't have to deal with him anymore.... :drinker: I am SOOOOO looking forward to it!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    I can't make it better for either of you so :flowerforyou: I hope things get better.:smooched:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    I can't make it better for either of you so :flowerforyou: I hope things get better.:smooched:

Thank you Joy! :bigsmile: I hope you're having a great day!! :smokin:
  • NykkieC

That's a great idea!
    Funny that you mention your problems today, of all days, because I'm going through the same type of BS, and today was overly frustrating. My biggest problem is that it's not a co-worker, it's my boss!!! He's just a manager, I'm dating one of the VP's... so I have a relationship with other VP's outside of work. They feel they can approach me when they need things done, but "nose-picker" (that's what I call my boss :laugh: ) thinks it's going over his head, likes to pound his chest "I'm the man and you need to do what I say, nobody else". He gets VERY annoying! :explode: Little does he realize I'm only waiting for them to find my replacement, then my promotion goes through and I won't have to deal with him anymore.... :drinker: I am SOOOOO looking forward to it!

I sure hope your promotion goes through soon! It just makes your day horrible to have such negative energy around doesn't it?

Thanks Joy for your sweet words!
  • foxyforce
    i want to order kfc before i get on my bus

help!!!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Check in: No change. :ohwell: My fault for eating everythign I want.. still.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    check in - 172 Down a pound!!! :drinker:
  • foxyforce
    i don't want to check in this week. i've been sucking. congrats on the lb lost