Gryffindor Common Room

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Hey, Gryffs! I'm officially demoted to Deputy Head of Gryffindor.

Collett (Letty_c) is taking over for me as Head of Gryffindor. Kelly (kellyisfat, from Ravenclaw) is taking over for me as Headmistress.

This weekend is your starting weight for June, last week was an 'off' week.

I'll still be around, but not very much for the next month or so. Behave for Collett ;)
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Sorry this is kind of late!!!

June Week 1:

(Starting after check-in between 6/1-6/4

and ending with check-in between 6/8-6/11)

OWL (exercise): Clock Lunge http://youtu.be/GIm5-KIdWBk
    Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food): Measurements! I know this is not food-related, but bear with me. I would like to start having the first week's NEWTs be to take measurements for a while. So often we focus on the scale and forget to look at the other changes our bodies make.
    Take as many measurements as you want. MFP has some basic ones when you go to 'check-in' but you can add as many as you want. I suggest picking the areas that want to see progress in most right now and measure those. You'll be able to see your progress in a month when we take them again!
    You earn 5 NEWTs if you record your measurements, and 5 NEWTs if you post them in the Common Room to hold yourself accountable. 10 NEWTs possible for this week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    Up to 5 points possible per day, 35 points possible for the week.
    ***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!

Here is the link to the chart to check in :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgqIcbJ240bVdE1ISXJFWWpGSy02Q2p2SEJLcDdSTEE#gid=0
  • Letty_c
    Just wondering how everybody is doing....... I'm doing pretty awesome..... preparing for my friends baby shower me and my other friend are planning it ..... next week I have a cousins wedding to attend i'm excited for him!!! And that's my life hope everybody is well
  • Letty_c
    WEEK 2:
    (Starting after check-in between 6/8-6/
    and ending with check-in between 6/15-5/18)

OWL (exercise): kickouts http://youtu.be/KlZ5uJhmv4A
    Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

NEWT (food):
    5 NEWTs for every day you at least meet your fiber allotment, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

SPEW: Earn 1 point every time you post something encouraging or motivating or how your day is going in the Common Room (ANYTHING BUT A CHECK-IN POST COUNTS TOWARD YOUR SPEWs).
    ***Remember to double check the dates for this challenge! Don't start early and lessen your progress for the current week!
  • Hi there! I just discovered this group, and I have to say I'm thrilled. I'm a HARDCORE Potter nerd. I do text based rp and everything, so adding a little potter to my weight loss seems like a great idea :) I'm always, ALWAYS a Gryffindor if the character I'm playing is anything like me (and I'm a gryffindor on Pottermore) so when I thought about it well...there wasn't much thinking to do. I'm excited to get going with y'all. I've read through the info on the group, but I'm still a little confused...do we check in on the google doc?
  • Letty_c
    Hi there! I just discovered this group, and I have to say I'm thrilled. I'm a HARDCORE Potter nerd. I do text based rp and everything, so adding a little potter to my weight loss seems like a great idea :) I'm always, ALWAYS a Gryffindor if the character I'm playing is anything like me (and I'm a gryffindor on Pottermore) so when I thought about it well...there wasn't much thinking to do. I'm excited to get going with y'all. I've read through the info on the group, but I'm still a little confused...do we check in on the google doc?

Super_soprano. Were glad to have you join us!!! And yes at the end of the weeks challenge you check in on google docs.... if you have any other questions go ahead and send me a message. :)
  • Letty_c
    I have a question for everybody are there any newts or owls you would like to do for a challenge?
    Second question where is everybody its getting kinda lonely here in the commoms room....
  • Letty_c
    WEEK 3:
    (Starting after check-in between 6/15-5/18
    and ending with check-in between 6/22-5/25)

OWL (exercise): Wood Chop With Lunge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvb4PeiWxE&feature=youtu.be

NEWT (food): Water
    5 NEWTs for every day you at least meet 8 cups of water a day, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

• TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Second question where is everybody its getting kinda lonely here in the commoms room....
    Been travelling a lot, now going through a bit of a rough patch, busy at work, fell off the wagon, somehow managed to put weight on, and am generally struggling to get motivated.

But I am still here and I will be back to my old self soon, a few nights of undisturbed sleep will do me the world of good. :)
  • awesome, well I'm starting on my way to build up to what I want, I'm doing a few different things, working to cut down on carbs and get more protein in (I need to figure out what is a healthy amount for me, how many calories I should be eating etc) but that can be dicey because I'm an icthyo-vegetarian, meaning I eat fish eggs and dairy but not meat! I already don't eat much in the way of carbs, so I just...am not eating enough in general I think, so my metabolism is slow because I just...don't eat? I dunno it's weird. I'm working on building up my exercise plan (woooo) so I'll try and throw in the owl exercise every week for sure! This is gonna be fun I can tell!
  • Letty_c
    Been travelling a lot, now going through a bit of a rough patch, busy at work, fell off the wagon, somehow managed to put weight on, and am generally struggling to get motivated.

But I am still here and I will be back to my old self soon, a few nights of undisturbed sleep will do me the world of good. :)

sleep is good...... and I know you can do it!!!
  • Letty_c
    Hey everybody we are starting a new thing with challenges for july..... we would like the houses to be a little more involved so all of the houses are going to have the same challenges and every house get's to pick the challenges for one of the weeks.... we have the first week of july. Anybody have ideas of what owls and newts we should choose for that week. the headmistress would like them all in by june 26..
  • Letty_c
    WEEK 4:
    (Starting after check-in between 6/22-6/25
    and ending with check-in between 6/29-7/2)

OWL (exercise): Burpees: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50

NEWT (food):
    5 NEWTs for every day you are near your calorie allotment by 100 calories whether above or below, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

• Letty_c
    So I just realized ive been forgetting our prefects!!!!

So week 1 was amandapratt!!!!!

And week 2 we had TourThePast and amandapratt
  • Hello fellow Gryffindors. I'm brand new, come an introduce yourselves :) x
  • Letty_c
    Hello LaurenPyrexx, Collett here :) Let me know if you have any questions
  • Letty_c
    Sorry for the delay, everyone! We had some storms and power outages. Here are the July challenges!

Week 1 - Gryffindor
    Food - Stay under your sugar macro goal for the day. Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 NEWTs, 35 NEWTs possible for the week.

Exercise - Squats! For every day that you complete at least 20 squats, you'll earn your challenge for the day! If you complete at least 150 during the week, give yourself one extra OWL at the end of the week! Each day you reach your daily goal you earn 5 OWLs, you earn 3 OWLs for reaching half way to your goal, and 1 OWL for trying but not reaching half way.

• Staying under my sugar goal.....this is a serious challenge.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has been well! I've been away due to my very random schedules and just lack of motivation to exercise and monitor what I am eating :( Yesterday was my birthday and I decided to weigh myself (not sure why I chose my birthday to do so >_< thought I should see where I am at at 28)... I put back all of my weight back on. I'm pretty bummed out at my performance. I do good for a few weeks them it always goes in the toilet because of stress, lack of time and money :sad: ; I get discouraged quick unfortunately.

Anyone got some good tips to getting back on track? I usually start with baby steps, but maybe I need to switch to hardcore boot-camp mode? :frown: I certainly don't want to tackle more then I can chew, but I wanna lose weight and start feeling better about myself
  • Letty_c
    So I just realized that I didn't redo the chart my bad so wondering nekoashi I believe you checked in but did anybody else i had nobody check in last week