Decision made on HRM

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Ok, after spending a few hours this afternoon looking at HRMs, I decided to go with the Highgear PulseWare Duo Heart Rate Monitor with Fingertip HR Sensors and Wireless Strap. I got it on Amazon.com for $39.

Few reasons I went with it:

1) Price--it's only $40! and it had decent reviews on the 'net. It's basic but will give calories burned.

2) You can use it with or without its chest strap--I was concerned a chest strap might not fit me right now, so this gives an option that others--like Polar--didn't offer.

3) You can change the batteries your self--with Polar, you can't do that unless you buy the accessory chest strap, which is an additional $50 to $60.

4) if it proves to be junk, I'm only out $40 and I'll sell ilt on eBay for cheap :tongue:

i figure it should at least last until the end of the year, when I will be down enough (HOPEFULLY!) to wear a chest strap for sure and then I can maybe invest in a Polar.

Replies

• shorerider
    Options
    Ok, after spending a few hours this afternoon looking at HRMs, I decided to go with the Highgear PulseWare Duo Heart Rate Monitor with Fingertip HR Sensors and Wireless Strap. I got it on Amazon.com for $39.

Few reasons I went with it:

1) Price--it's only $40! and it had decent reviews on the 'net. It's basic but will give calories burned.

2) You can use it with or without its chest strap--I was concerned a chest strap might not fit me right now, so this gives an option that others--like Polar--didn't offer.

3) You can change the batteries your self--with Polar, you can't do that unless you buy the accessory chest strap, which is an additional $50 to $60.

4) if it proves to be junk, I'm only out $40 and I'll sell ilt on eBay for cheap :tongue:

i figure it should at least last until the end of the year, when I will be down enough (HOPEFULLY!) to wear a chest strap for sure and then I can maybe invest in a Polar.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good luck w/ that I need to get one soooo let me know how you like it! lol....

hugs!
    Ali
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    thank you for the input, i think this maybe what im looking for, because it is also water resistant like the polar. Thanks again shorerider!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    ho men, i have been looking for a heart rate monitor for weeks and this one is perfect for me !!
    all i want is a cheap (abour 50$), calorie count, waterproof heart rate monitor.

i tryed to buy that one but amazon doesnt deliver it in canada :sad:
    cant find it anywhere else

ho well, the search goes on
    may
  • shorerider
    Options
    ho men, i have been looking for a heart rate monitor for weeks and this one is perfect for me !!
    all i want is a cheap (abour 50$), calorie count, waterproof heart rate monitor.

i tryed to buy that one but amazon doesnt deliver it in canada :sad:
    cant find it anywhere else

ho well, the search goes on
    may

Try this site--

http://www.nextag.com/Highgear-Duo/search-html

I'll let everyone know how good mine is when I get it--I can't wait!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!! I just bought the exact same one on ebay for $29 plus $8 shipping. Listed as new!! We'll have to see how it works!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    25$ dollar for international (ei canada) shipping........... no way :noway:

Thanks through,, really appreciate the help !
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i went on and bought mine on amazon today! i cant wait until it arrives so i can find out how many calories i really need/burn each day!