Rainy depressing days

wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
How do you all motivate yourselves to work out on days when it is rainy and dreary out? It's been 2 days of this already, and supposed to continue.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    How do you all motivate yourselves to work out on days when it is rainy and dreary out? It's been 2 days of this already, and supposed to continue.
    Any suggestions?
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    I so understand. It's been raining here too (toronto area) and it's really pouring right now.
    The only thing that motivates me is food. I know I will eat a little more on days like this due to no being able to get outside, so I get on the elliptical in anticipation of eating more calories.
    This morning I had to force myself to get my workout clothes on but once I did, I was okay.

Good luck and stay strong! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    I actually like to run in the rain. I'm not sure why, or even when I realized it, but I throw on a parka and hit the trail, and usually my runs are even better than they are when it's pretty. Yes, I get wet, but I think that's part of the fun. Kinda like jumping in mud puddles. :laugh:
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    I actually like to run in the rain. I'm not sure why, or even when I realized it, but I throw on a parka and hit the trail, and usually my runs are even better than they are when it's pretty. Yes, I get wet, but I think that's part of the fun. Kinda like jumping in mud puddles. :laugh:

Exactly! LOL I'm the one mom who TAUGHT her kid to jump in mud puddles and play in the rain. We have so much fun :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    lol you two....I agree! its raining here too....not good for taking kids out but the rain is awesome for running...not downpour...you can... but it won't be so blissful! lol

I've run in the snow too...new englander and had no choice....but a nice cool misty rain....that is a good run! I'll take that over hot and sunny anyday!...for running that is:wink:

If you don't run or its pouring out and you're like okay crazies:ohwell: ....then pop in a video...working up a sweat will keep you motivated.....not tape, turn on the tunes and dance dance dance! anything will do!

hugs!
    Ali