Food Addicts Anonymous??

Replies

• Sunshine - we all have days like that, but you gotta pick yourself up and try again. Plan now for something that you can do to make you feel better on days like that that doesn't involve food. Take a few minutes to do some deep breathing or yoga or some stretches to calm you down. You'll do great today!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I'm kinda bummed today cause I went up 2lbs after i lost 1lb. That stinks and its very frustrating!!!! I have zumba and the firm tomorrow so hopefully its just water weight and it will come right off.
  • Today has not been the best but I finally ate healthy yogurt though not in the morning. Should be drinking lots more water. Better days ahead. At least not anymore of those raiding the fridge days.

Hope everyone else is having a better week.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Today was a lot better - I still had a terrible, long drive that nearly drove me mad, but I also opted for a plate full of raw veggies from the salad bar when I got back to school, with some lean chicken and a little bit of cheese, and I feel a lot better than I did after eating the ginormo sandwich from calorie hell. :smile: Thank you for the encouragement.
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    I am Teri and I am a food addict. I have started reading a book about addictions because I feel that my weight problem will never go away with just a diet. I do love food, and I love to eat food. I also feel that food is the enemy and I hate it! I think some people who are addicted to alchohol or cigs or drugs do it because it gives them the same feeling I get from eating a couple of doughnuts or cake or whatever. It makes me happy, makes me feel great! Is that weird. So anyway, I keep on trying. I want to be thin so bad. Its just so hard.
  • Hey folks!!!

This weekend was tough (I had cheesecake and cookies and ice cream, but not all in the same day), but I got my workouts in this weekend (I did zumba!!! )!!! So all in all I think I broke even this weekend. Plus I've started my day off right by working out this morning (30 day shred).
  • Sunsh1ne
    Hi, Teri! We are all struggling with the same kind of problem you are so we're here for you the next time you're jonesing for a sugar fix. You can do it! :smile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Terri - I completely agree with the "high" of eating food. People who do not have a love affair with food do not understand a bit. It is just as difficult as quitting drinking or smoking - even worse because we HAVE to keep it in our lives to live! :explode:

Leshawn - good job on that exercise! I need to get my exercise together this week and make a consistent plan. I am all over the place (but mostly on my couch LOL) :laugh:
  • zorahope - :laugh: :laugh:

I am still having problems with my sodium!! I think that's really messing with my weight loss. Plus I can feel my portion sizes getting off. I bought a food scale I guess I need to use it. I hope you all have a great week!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    I've read a lot of things about reducing sodium (my dad has a heart condition and I'm the only one who cooks) but two that you might find helpful: a lot of people say that natural sea salt instead of iodized salt is more flavorful, so you use less of it. Also, I read in an issue of Women's Health that often when you crave salty foods, it's actually because you aren't getting enough calcium.

Let me know how the food scale works out - that's something I've always been curious about. (Can't really do it at college but it might be worthwhile when I get out.)
  • Terri - I completely agree with the "high" of eating food. People who do not have a love affair with food do not understand a bit. It is just as difficult as quitting drinking or smoking - even worse because we HAVE to keep it in our lives to live! :explode:

I agree. It's so easy for our society to hear about quitting smoking or wanting to quit drinking and become sober but how many people do you hear will say, they have a food addiction and therefore, can't go to the buffet with the rest of the party, unheard of.

Doing good and bad on different days. These long days of darkness and cold don't help. Trying to keep busy with something other than food. Drinking more water will definitely help.
  • Yesterday was a HORRIBLE day!!! I had too much pizza and my sub sandwich was more calories than I thought it would be!!! I usually try to allow myself to have 2 pieces of pizza, but yesterday I had 4 pieces + cheese bread + pop AND skipped on the salad!! I'm not sure what happened...I think with the upcoming holidays and looking for a new job the stress got to me and I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to eat. I hate days like that...
  • Sunsh1ne
    Today is a new day and you will remember how you felt after eating poorly yesterday and that will help you make better choices today. You aren't defined by your bad days! :smile:
  • bluenote
    Today is a new day and you will remember how you felt after eating poorly yesterday and that will help you make better choices today. You aren't defined by your bad days! :smile:

Exactly right! No punishing yourself, OK? :flowerforyou:

I passed up Ruffles potato chips today. First time ever! LOL :noway:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Hi, I'm a food addict because I am always thinking of my next meal. WHY???
  • Sunsh1ne
    ugh, I said that and then gorged myself at dinner. I usually eat at 6, but I ran out of points on my meal plan and they were offering a free Thanksgiving dinner in the student center at 7:30... by the time I got to the front of the line I was almost 2 hours late eating (after an early lunch this morning) I was RAVENOUS. I didn't even bother trying to restrain myself and I wound up with a ONE THOUSAND CALORIE MEAL. I didn't even have time to exercise and offset it a little. Yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck. Being 600 calories in debt at the end of the day makes me feel skeezy.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    I am Kate and I am a food addict! I read through some of the posts, and while I am not happy seeing so many people struggling with the same problem, so often when I have a binge or feel bad about myself I feel ashamed, like I am the only one that can't skip dessert, or who goes back for seconds or goes on a binge, or who keeps eating and eating when I'm not even hungry. It's comforting to know that there are so many people out there who probablyhave similar feelings about themselves and food, but who are trying to do something positive and make a change.

Today is only my 3rd day back doing this, and wee had a church dinner tonight and I had seconds on everything even dessert. I felt embarrassed going back (that should have been a clue to stop!) but I went back anyway. Then when I tried to guesstimate and add everything in, I ended up about 150 calories over my limit. WHo knew that there were 100 calories in 2 Tbsp of Hersheys syrup!? And I probably had 4 Tablespoons of syrup!

Anyway, at least I made it to the gym, if only for the last half hour they were open. I went after my daughter was asleep. I almost skipped it because it was so late, but then I figured a 30 minute workout was better than none.

Good luck and blessings to everyone struggling with this addiction!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Hi, Kate. I had one of those nights too - but on the bright side, tomorrow is a brand new day for both of us!
  • bluenote
    Make that three of us. I blew it at a birthday party and went 700 over my calories. I feel terrible. I'm sick of sabotaging my Friday weigh-in. :sad: When am I going to get a grip on this?????? :explode:
  • Doing better lately. Haven't brought the stuff to binge on from the supermarkets so that helps. Wishing us all the best this week. This thread is a real blessing.
  • Thanks for the encouraging words!!! Yesterday was a little better. I went over my calories, but i didn't have any cookies like I wanted to. Plus I wore a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in about 1 year. So all in all I'm happy...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!