IRON MAN!!! (Yeah, I'm a dork)

Options
So, I caught Iron Man the other night and it was fan-freakin'tastic! I love super hero movies, but this is the first one I have seen that afterwards I had to go buy the comic book.

Robert Downey Jr was simply amazing as Tony Stark, I mean seriously, this movie wouldn't have been nearly as good had he not been in it. He really became that character, and made it his own. I'm super impressed.

Also, if you watch it, make sure you stay for the little teaser scene after the credits. It was like a MASSIVE GEEK EXPLOSION!!! LOL:laugh:

-J

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    So, I caught Iron Man the other night and it was fan-freakin'tastic! I love super hero movies, but this is the first one I have seen that afterwards I had to go buy the comic book.

Robert Downey Jr was simply amazing as Tony Stark, I mean seriously, this movie wouldn't have been nearly as good had he not been in it. He really became that character, and made it his own. I'm super impressed.

Also, if you watch it, make sure you stay for the little teaser scene after the credits. It was like a MASSIVE GEEK EXPLOSION!!! LOL:laugh:

-J
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I went and saw it yesterday too and really liked it, and I'm not a big superhero-geeky person..and I left before the credits were over..darn it!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Our house is a little backwards...I'm the superhero freak, and my husband just does not get it. My 5 yr old is also a superhero freak, I love that he comes to me for all his info on superheroes. (he goes to dad for hockey infor lol) Do you think ironman is suitable for a 5 yr old? He's watched spiderman, superman, starwars stuff like that, but I know some of them are not good, like punisher for example. It probably won't be in theatres for another week or two here. I also noticed in walmart this weekend that there was a huge amount of hulk toys, is there a new hulk movie coming out?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh man!!!! my friend told me it was the bomb too....cool I'll most likely see it when it comes to dvd...hope it has the teaser LOL...

hugs!
    Ali
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Our house is a little backwards...I'm the superhero freak, and my husband just does not get it. My 5 yr old is also a superhero freak, I love that he comes to me for all his info on superheroes. (he goes to dad for hockey infor lol) Do you think ironman is suitable for a 5 yr old? He's watched spiderman, superman, starwars stuff like that, but I know some of them are not good, like punisher for example. It probably won't be in theatres for another week or two here. I also noticed in walmart this weekend that there was a huge amount of hulk toys, is there a new hulk movie coming out?

Yeah, it's totally suitable for kids. I don't remember any bad language, and Gwenyth Paltrow only has one topless shot.....ok, she doesn't have any :frown: . Your 5 year old should love it. :bigsmile:

And yes, there is a new Hulk coming out this summer, it stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and Tim Roth as Abomination. They pretty much decided that Ang Lee's first movie never happened lol. I'm super psyched for it also. :wink:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

And yes, there is a new Hulk coming out this summer, it stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner ....STOP!!! say no more ....I'm there :love:

lol
  • peej76
    Options

Yeah, it's totally suitable for kids. I don't remember any bad language, and Gwenyth Paltrow only has one topless shot.....ok, she doesn't have any :frown: . Your 5 year old should love it. :bigsmile:

And yes, there is a new Hulk coming out this summer, it stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and Tim Roth as Abomination. They pretty much decided that Ang Lee's first movie never happened lol. I'm super psyched for it also. :wink:
    Cool, I'll definitley have to take him, no Horton hears a who for this kid lol!!! And I love Edward Norton, can't wait!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

And yes, there is a new Hulk coming out this summer, it stars Edward Norton as Bruce Banner ....STOP!!! say no more ....I'm there :love:

lol

LOL Ali! I thought of you as I wrote that! :laugh:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

I really hope you meant, "the first hulk never happened."

signed - huge Ang Lee fan

Oh, and a superhero fan??? with a screen name like sgtinvincible? No way! :tongue:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

I really hope you meant, "the first hulk never happened."

signed - huge Ang Lee fan

Oh, and a superhero fan??? with a screen name like sgtinvincible? No way! :tongue:

Ok, just to clarify, I love Ang Lee, and I actually didn't mind the first Hulk (yeah, that's what I meant). Crouching Tiger is one of my favorite movies. :wink:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It's on my list next week. I'm super-nerd. . .check me out.

When I was a young girl, I was very dissapointed to find out that "being Wonder Woman" when I grew up was not a viable career option. *sigh*:wink:
  • peej76
    Options
    It's on my list next week. I'm super-nerd. . .check me out.

When I was a young girl, I was very dissapointed to find out that "being Wonder Woman" when I grew up was not a viable career option. *sigh*:wink:
    I wanted Heman to be my husband lol!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go see it now. I wasn't sure how he (Robert D JR) would do playing the part. I am glad he did great. I was thinking it was going to be a flop like Hulk. That movie sucked. Love ALL Spider man movies, loved the Fantastic 4 movies, Dare Devil was goodish, Punisher was great, Ghost Rider was great, X Men were good, Electra was ok, Blade was good and my all time favorite Marvel Movie-HOWARD THE DUCK!!!