What do you put on steamed fish?

I just got some cuts of salmon and I want to steam them...what spices/sauces etc should I put on it to make it yummy? I don't eat fish often, so I'm unsure what's good! Thanks guys!

Replies

• LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    6 (6 ounce) fillets halibut
    I'm sure it would be good with salmon
    3 teaspoons dried dill weed
    3 teaspoons onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    seasoning salt to taste
    1 pinch lemon pepper
    2 teaspoons dried parsley
    1 pinch garlic powder
    2 tablespoons lemon juice

I just casually sprinkle all the ingredients over the fish

=)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    I use lemon pepper, any Italian herbs, dill, a little seasoned salt and/or pepper. You can add the herbs to soft butter and spread that on the fish before you steam it.

My favorite is Bourbon Salmon. But since that is like 1000 calories a serving, I don't eat it anymore. ;)
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    greek seasoning!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Pesto, salmon with pesto is yummo.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Cucumber dill sauce :smile:
  • RachRox3
    RachRox3 Posts: 3
    Hoisin sauce and soy sauce go great with Salmon....baked on tin foil is great but I'm sure it would be just as delicious steamed
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    I eat salmon often. Just bought more about 1 hour ago. I do not steam, but I fry it stove-top. Super easy.

I spray frying pan with Smart Balance cooking spray. I sprinkle in (bottom of pan) corn starch (to add some crispiness), salt, pepper, and dill weed. Throw in my salmon fillet. Now I spray the fillet with Smart balance. Sprinkle on corn starch, salt, pepper, and dill weed. Flip. Fry for a couple more minutes. It doesn't take long. Quick, easy, and healthy.
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    This recipe is technically oven-roasted, but the sauce is just delicious and would be great on steamed fish as well (though I also recommend the baked version) - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Oven-Roasted-Sea-Bass-with-Ginger-and-Lime-Sauce-5919

Ginger + lime + shallots = heaven!
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Okie girlie, Since im from louisiana, i like stuff to still tasty/.spicy. When i steam talipa, parkay spray butter, i do lemon pepper seasing, basil , rosemary, i dont know if you have tonys in your state, but its like cayene pepper,

if it was salmon, i would do, lemon pepper seasoning , black pepper, parkay spray butter, garlic powder or garlic salt,italian seasoning

This is what id do, hope it helps, u dont have to do the butter, but it gives flavor

hayley