2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Today I earned 5/7 with a 4 mile run this morning. All I can say is that I need to be out there by 6:30 am in order to enjoy my run. It is so hot and humid. Today is suppose to be 100 +. That's just insane.

Well tomorrow is my 2 week anniversary lol. I am thinking about taking him out to dinner as a little surprise.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    My 6/7 was 6 miles of biking and 1 mile of walking around the lake area!
    7/7 was a 9 mile bike ride!!

I may take a rest tomorrow, we'll see!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    I ended up 4/7 last week with walking and taebo the last two days. Actually it was a stroll but mileage is mileage.
    1/7 so far this week. with taebo and leslie

Have there been an increase in trolls lately? I don't spend much time on the boards just here and browse occasionally.
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Hey guys! Hope you all are having a good week. It is hotter than heck here in NC. It hit 105 in Chapel Hill this past weekend, but thankfully we had escaped for a weekend in the mountains with my family and it was only 95 there! :wink:

I am SOOO happy to report that I am 1/7 for the week. I worked 11 hours today, got home and ate dinner, hubby and I each got a kid bathed, I fed Blake and got him to bed while hubby put Olivia down and then I plopped on the couch....but THEN I decided that I had time to get in a quick run on the treadmill, even if it was only 2 miles. Yay me!

Have a great night ladies, and try to stay cool!!! :bigsmile:
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Hi everyone,
    I am 3/7 today. Sunday was a run outdoors, monday was elliptical in the gym the heat is killer, and a run outdoors early this morning.

Heather, do you know a little oh town called Pittsboro
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello all! Not sure what happened--I thought I posted but I guess it disappeared in cyberspace. :tongue:

I earned my 2/7 today with Phase I workout A from New Rules of Lifting for Women. It was great to do some weight training for the first time in over a year!!!

Aila--I absolutely know about Pittsbro. It's just down the road from Chapel Hill, though admittedly I've only passed through, haven't spent time there. I hear it's a really cute little town!

Hope everyone is having a great 4th!!!
  • vhuber
    Sory ladies that I have not posted this week but it has ben INSANELY busy for me!
    I AM taking a couple of days as fitness cuz I WORKED non stop plus I got in some nice hill walking around our cabin. So I am at 5/7!

I'm wondering if Miss Debra was/is without power. I read somewhere that her state had some power outage going on! That would truly SUCK with the tmps that we all have been having!!

Hather GREAT job on the lifting! I have not lifted for a week and WILL when I get back home, it's just hard to lug those heavy beast around! I will start the JMBR over again cuz I did the whole program but for this last week!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey everyone.... quick post...

Yes Verda, no power for us when a storm came through... but thankfully it was only for a day... but my daughter and my grandsons lost theirs and it was out for over a week, so they were at our house.... We spent a couple days cleaning up trees! We lost 2 big nes with the storm... pretty sure it was a tornado... I have never seen the winds so bad.. it even bent out metal batting cage... those posts are 3" in diameter. The temps have been impossible... way over a 100 with heat index for over a week now.

We had to leave for a baseball tourney... my goodness.. we play at 3 and 5 today and it is to be 104???? Is that not crazy????

I have been getting fitness... home it was hauling trees , raking up and swimming... the last 2 days I have used the fitness room.

Today is saturday... man, forgot the day there for a minute... this week I am 6/7.... have not sat still in a month!

Hope you are all doing well!
  • vhuber
    Glad to rad you are WITH power again Debra ! Wish we could do something about the temps huh? I remember playing softball in temps of 105* and YES that is flippin crazy!!! Stay hydrated and good job for the fitness!

I got in a 15 mile ride this morning before it got to hot! Felt good!! I am 6/7 for the week!

W have had/hav company this past week and we hostess the neighbor young man's wedding this evening and after this is all over with I need a vacation. School will resume in 6 weeks!:noway: :noway:
  • vhuber
    The wedding we hosted last night was an outside country wedding and was soooo beautiful! We had a great time!

My 1/7 was a 7 mile bike ride tonite after it cooled down some! I wish you all a fit week!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey all! Debra I'm glad you've got power back! We've had record breaking temps here in NC--I think that we've been over 100 degrees for 6 consecutive days which is the longest streak recorded. Thankfully tomorrow it is supposed to dip back into the 80's because this has been crazy!!

I ended last week at 3/7 with my second day of weights from the New Rules of Lifting. I need to get a weight session in when I get home today so I will try to escape work at a decent time. Zumba starts back tomorrow (YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!) so if all goes according to plan I will be at 2/7 tomorrow, but I will keep you posted.

Try to stay cool everyone!!! :smile:
  • vhuber
    My 2/7 was another 15 mile ride this morning!!!
  • ivykivy
    1/7 1 mile with leslie and weights
    2/7 2 miles with leslie so far

I took out some personal trash this weekend. Trying to get the junk out of my food life so I can get back where I was weight wise.

Debra glad you got your power back. We are feeling the heat in SC too.

Heather glad to see you are able to get work family and exercise in

Verda awesome mileage. It must be cooler their than it is here.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hey Ivy, glad to see you back!

Got my 1/7 out of the weigh with workout #3 from NROLFW. Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Hey everyone... Nothing to report so far this week... feeling guilty about that. Long drive home Sunday and all the unpacking that goes with it!
    Yesterday, we had to go over and evict a renter that had not paid rent for over 2 months and had been late 8 times the past year. it got ugly.... and then when I seen the inside of our rental home... I was saddened.. I am not lying.. there was even raccoons living under the kitchen sink! I think mentally there may be an issue going on with this renter.... I will be busy for the next month or so... all the carpets have to be removed, it smells of cat urine something terrible.

He even got nasty with me and called me a Fat, Scank, B*tch....:ohwell: , I wish I could get that thought out of my head today... funny how those little fat comments can cut right through you. I am just glad I kept it together yesterday when he said it..... I said ya, well... whatever... this fat, scank, b*tch wants her keys to her home NOW... you need to go! He tried calling the cops, but we did all the things we were suppose to do, gave him notice 6 weeks ago, even worked with him and let him sat 3 weeks longer... he just kept putting us off... yesterday we just told him, take what you want and go... we are locking up the place! COps basically told him the same thing. There is trash and junk in every room..... sigh, it will take some work!

Ivy... I am with you on the food... I have just been so dang busy, the convience foods and eating out are so much easier !
    Heather... sounds like you are organized as usual... great job getting back into things!
    Verda... I have said this many times... but truthfully, you are my idle..... I wish some day to become half as displined as you! :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    3/7 3 segments of the firm and 2 miles with leslie plus a few hindu squats and push ups. When I say few I mean few. LOL!

Debra bad tennents are horrible. It's sad it had to come to name calling especially when you gave them ample time. Hope you find a better renter next time
  • vhuber
    ohhh Debra, like I said on the other thread do NOT let him WIN this mental game. He is a P.O.S and used words to defend himself! Sorry he trashed your rental! This is why renters always have this high deposit and first months rent all in one! It is the only way they can get back for what people wreck!!! Think of it as what a great calorie burn it will be!:wink:
    As for being your idol, thank you but after last nights NO sleep, flagging for my trucker hubs at 3 a.m., taking the furries to their "beauty appointment" at 8:30 a.m., running errands while they were getting haircuts, and doing laundry in the 101* temp I absolutely did not have the energy to workout. I feel guilty just saying that! What a slacker huh? Hopefully I get a tomorrow to do something cuz tonite I ate a not so small bowl of schwans chocolate ice cream!!!:blushing:
    1/7 still for me!!
  • vhuber
    3/7 3 segments of the firm and 2 miles with leslie plus a few hindu squats and push ups. When I say few I mean few. LOL!

Debra bad tennents are horrible. It's sad it had to come to name calling especially when you gave them ample time. Hope you find a better renter next time

Way to work it Ivy!!!
  • ivykivy
    Thanks Verda!

Are we going to quit the thread or move it to the groups section?

Way to work it Ivy!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Hello awesome ladies!!! I am proud to report that I'm 2/7 after last night's zumba class. I missed it so much when the last session was cancelled. It is such a fun way to get a good burn in--569 calories in an hour! I need to get a run in this week--hopefully tomorrow or Friday. Or who knows, maybe the hubby will give me 30 minutes when I get home to get a couple miles in. He is often a bit cranky though after dealing with the kiddos all day, so I try to take over kid duty when I get home so we'll see.

Ivy, glad to see you're still going strong! As for moving to the group section I don't have a specific preference, and I'm on board with whatever you guys decide! Just be sure to let me know where to go so I don't lose you fabulous ladies! :wink:

Debra, that flat out SUCKS about the renter. My hubby has wanted to get into rental properties since he's a handyman and can renovate and fix anything, but we don't have the funds to buy extra properties at the moment or the time to manage them, and these types of stories make me wonder if it is worth it! And that guy is just an *kitten* for being rude to you on top of ruining your property.

Verda, DO NOT feel guilty for skipping a workout due to a super busy day--you are a beast and if your body couldn't do it yesterday then there is certainly a reason!!!

Happy hump day everyone. Hard to believe the week is already half over. Thank goodness because I'll be at 9 days straight working by the time we get to Friday and I am beat!!!!