I offically HATE my belly

I hate it with a passion, I really do.

Every top I try on to go to work, I take off as I'm so self concious of it. I'm sick of it at this stage. Did this this morning; had a lovely new top picked out, tried it on and had to take it off again. I could get away with it but I'm too self-critical to wear it.

My legs are skinny, boobs and above are fine but after having my 2 kids back to back (youngest is nearly 3), I cannot lose the belly. It's like this round pot-belly stickey-outey bit that will just not go away.

I exercise 3-5 times a week, mix of weights, cardio and spin.

I must take a proper look at the belly thread and adopt some of the other ladies techniques for losing it. I want my toned belly back.

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    i hate mine too, its like a huge fat donut... Plus I have stretch marks all around my hips and front.
    Its slowly going though.. I do some sit ups a few times a week.
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    hey there,

I do 3 different types of sit-ups, core exercises with the swiss ball too. It's soooooo frustrating.

I wear lose fitting gym tops (which are impossible to find) and look at all the skinny girls in the gym who can wear tight gym tops. My belly is the worst point of me. Gym-top envy!
  • katiedidd66
    katiedidd66 Posts: 77
    I belly is the worst!!! It is sooo flabby and disgusting!! No matter how much I lose, it seems to just hang there and I'm very self conscious about it. I've always worn long shirts, but have you ever noticed that the plus size shirts are almost always short and the "skinny" shirts are usually long, what's with that? My husband is always getting on me because I opt to wear bigger and baggier shirts that make me look hugh!! I'm just not comfortable in a form-fitting shirt because they show that agonizing roll of flab I just can't seem to get rid of. I've lost some of my belly fat, but that roll haunts me. I struggle to do belly excersizes because of two hernias, but I am determined to continue to try. Good luck with yours, but know you are not alone!!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    I have a pretty big pooch when I'm not holding my stomach tight. I like to wear a tank under my clothes called a yummie tummie. It doesn't make everything super flat but it helps me out a lot.
  • I feel your pain, mine is vile too. It's so massive I doubt there would be any muscle under there even if I did a million sit ups a day. Urgh.
  • I have felt the same way for awhile. The exercises I do, do nothing to help me lose it. Need to find some new ones..
  • Tink_889
    Tink_889 Posts: 244 Member
    I hate my tummy too, eurgh :(
  • I turned 50 this year and having such a hard time!!! I broke 2 ribs teaching snowboarding almost 2 years ago and the fat is creeping on and not going anywhere. I have the folder on my backside and my belly has a bit of a fold. I hate it! My husband is so good about it but it's difficult to get out and workout after work...I am so beat!!!!
  • nola985
    nola985 Posts: 9
    Invest in a compression tank. They even sell them at Walmart now. You can we're them under almost everything. Try on different sizes to see what size is the most comfortable. I usually get one at least two sizes smaller than I'd get for a regular fitted shirt. It may not help you in a bikini but it makes all the difference under those form fitting workout shirts, dresses, and shirts.
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    I don't shop at Express much, but their tanks are great for this issue! It's called the Sexy Stretch cami, and they are usually buy 1, get 1 50% off. I have hope for toning my "mommy belly," but for the meantime I need these to feel comfortable.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    I've never had a flat stomach. Even when I was at my goal weight before my kids were born that's the one place I held on to the few lbs of fat I did have. Now, after 2 c-sections, I fear there is no hope for mine. I'm going to try and get rid of all the fat and then see what damage remains... I may still get a tummy tuck, which I've been considering for 2 years now :( Recovery is tough though...
  • Blondeone10
    Blondeone10 Posts: 21
    Time to get my *kitten* in gear!!! Some fat is coming off, but the belly is still there and the time for cardio is NOW!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    My stomach is flat ish but it still jiggles when I put my jeans on and it drives me crazy.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    WHOA...what a depressing thread......Pity party time.

However, I don't like mine either. It's a saggy, marked up sack of flab. I plan to lose another 15-20 and get a tummy tuck. I figure that's easier than learning to love it :)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    I hate it with a passion, I really do.

Every top I try on to go to work, I take off as I'm so self concious of it. I'm sick of it at this stage. Did this this morning; had a lovely new top picked out, tried it on and had to take it off again. I could get away with it but I'm too self-critical to wear it.

My legs are skinny, boobs and above are fine but after having my 2 kids back to back (youngest is nearly 3), I cannot lose the belly. It's like this round pot-belly stickey-outey bit that will just not go away.

I exercise 3-5 times a week, mix of weights, cardio and spin.

I must take a proper look at the belly thread and adopt some of the other ladies techniques for losing it. I want my toned belly back.

I feel your pain! I HATE my belly! wish I could just cut it off and throw it in the trash.....
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    You know what works well for getting rid of a large belly?

Losing weight.

Seriously, that's all it takes. So, all you need to do is keep losing weight and/or reducing your body fat percentage and you can go from floppy belly to flat stomach.

Not the world's best example, but I'm sure you can see the rolls and flab around my midsection here:

34480_1251657546197_514712_n.jpg

Now compare that to my profile picture. You know what the difference is? About 50lbs. Lose weight, lose your stomach.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    crunches
  • jd1968
    jd1968 Posts: 5 Member
    i hate my belly also did the crunches 200 a day and still have a belly any advice on how many or how often and how long it takes for them crunches to start working i look knocked up half the time help!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    i hate my belly also did the crunches 200 a day and still have a belly any advice on how many or how often and how long it takes for them crunches to start working i look knocked up half the time help!

They don't work at spot reducing fat. Crunches simply exercise your ab muscles. You may be making your muscles stronger, but you are not burning fat from your midsection by doing them.

Maintain a calorie deficit and lose weight. You will lose fat from your stomach (it may be the last area to go, but it will go eventually).
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Same problem here. I really have a huge dislike in my belly and don't have the confidence to wear tops which is tight fitting and shows my belly hanging over my pants!

I am apple-shaped and gain weight in that area first and it is really hard getting rid of that, but I do find a combination of strength training and cardio helps a lot.