290 down to 197 with pics!

PDLUCKY
PDLUCKY Posts: 60 Member
I made it under 200! On Saturday I weighed in at 197 lbs. January 1st I weighed 270 and my heavy weight is 290+. Proof that eating properly cutting out sweets and booze and swimming Monday thru Friday pays off! I still have some weight to loose and I need to work on toning but I am very happy with the results so far. I looked into P90X and Insanity to help tone my abs but due to my severe arthritis I am not going to be able to do those programs. If anyone has any suggestions on a routine that wil help me in my quest to get fit that is easy on the knees and ankles I would love to hear about it. I hope my journey can be motivation to others.
WhiteT.jpg
WhiteTside.jpg

Replies

• mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations, you look fantastic. Thanks for sharing it's quite an inspiration.
  • You look like a completely different person!!! Amazing!!!!! You are such a good example to others that anyone can do this is they try and stick to it!!! Way to go!!!! Keep up the hard work it is def paying off my friend!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • HausOfTina
    HausOfTina Posts: 92
    good job :) you look great!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    You look fantastic! Keep it up! :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • susannahcooks
    susannahcooks Posts: 294 Member
    I recommend strength training - (weights) - it will help make the muscles that support those joints stronger - I've had alot less joint issues since i started strength training. I do recommend a trainer or a Physical Therapist to get you started. I bet your doctor would be happy to recommend one so that your insurance will cover a portion of it.
  • Congratulations! You've done an amazing job. It's always great to see folks who are able to turn their lives around. Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Great results!
  • tashhast
    tashhast Posts: 31 Member
    awesome work, keep it up!!
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Awesome! You have done amazing!!!! Be very proud!
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    WAY TO GO MAN!!! Awesome!!!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    You look great! Congrats!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    HUGE difference!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • CarynCharB
    CarynCharB Posts: 215 Member
    Wow! You look fanfriggintastic! I bet you feel pretty damn good too!
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Awesome Job !
  • Looking HOT! Thanks for posting, great to see such great success pictures.
    I have pain problems with my ankles and especially with my wrists so there are programs I can't do. I hope you find something to suit your needs!
    Alice x
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Great progress! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    You look great :)
  • mrshoffman07
    mrshoffman07 Posts: 121
    Highly recommend chalean extreme to tone your body. Easier version of p90x and shorter workout time too.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Great job! Keep it up! What's your swim routine?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!