How much can I lose if I eat under 20 g of carbs for 4 days?

Replies

• naomicp
    naomicp Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, it depends what kind of carbs you are cutting out? if its rice/bread/pasta, then yes that wont do your body any harm at all, I eat a "low carb diet" as in I aim to avoid processed carbs, but I eat a lot of fruit & veg which are stacked with carbs...... so its all dependent?
    I spent time following slimming world, which on red day is very "low carb" as you dont eat potato, pasta & rice, but because it is stacked with protein, it works wonders.
    I think there is definitely something in the whole netting above 1200 cals, and obviously ensuring that they are all "good healthy cals" other than that, you need to have a play with your macros until you find that balance that works for you.
    Just keep an eye on energy levels, you may need to up how much you consume a smidge to ensure you dont feel lethargic!
    Drink a lot of water too, and avoid fizzy & caffiene, that will help you with the loss of excess water :-)
    Good Luck hun, stay focused and stay healthy xx
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    It depends on how much water your body is willing to let go of. That is what will go first. And your glycogen stores will deplete a bit (more water loss).

Make sure to increase your natural fat intake. Stay away from "low-carb" processed crap. It's still franken-food. Don't go low-carb and low-fat. You will definitely hurt yourself.

Only eat what you can pick, dig or spear. Mostly spear. Live in Freedom, Live in Beauty. (gnolls.org)
    "Die biting the throat" (The Gnoll Credo)
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    better yet, how much will you gain back after you eat normally again.... perhaps that is the more important question?
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    So, how much can I lose (I'm 5' 11', around 141 lbs after the binge) ? Is it possible to lose 8.8 lbs?
    Thank you!

I need to ask this and please DONT think I am being snarky or anything. But if you have the will power to spend the next 4 days eating that amount and exercising to lose 8 pounds why didnt you have the same willpower to not binge? I honestly dont understand how that works.
  • Masharitos
    Masharitos Posts: 106
    It depends on how much water your body is willing to let go of. That is what will go first. And your glycogen stores will deplete a bit (more water loss).

Make sure to increase your natural fat intake. Stay away from "low-carb" processed crap. It's still franken-food. Don't go low-carb and low-fat. You will definitely hurt yourself.

Only eat what you can pick, dig or spear. Mostly spear. Live in Freedom, Live in Beauty. (gnolls.org)
    "Die biting the throat" (The Gnoll Credo)

Amen!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    You might be able to drop a couple of pounds but honestly I don't think it'd be noticeable. What you need to consider is that a sudden drop in calories or carbs will impact your energy levels and that could have a far more negative effect on your performance at the casting than a couple of pounds of weight.
    I think you'd be better just dropping your calorie intake just a little, doing some exercise and getting plenty of water and sleep.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Wow people act like you are going on some crazy binge diet, all while being anorexic! Seriously she just wants to drop some water weight for a casting call, she isn't asking if this is what to do to drop weight, and keep it off! So yes if you do this, and drink plenty of water you have a good chance of dropping a decent amount of weight especially if what you gained in that week was water weight. I can gain up to 9lbs in water weight, and drop it in 3 days by reducing my carbs (not even close to that low though) and getting in my regular workouts. I do it every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, because I usually eat higher sodium foods on the weekend, because I like to enjoy myself.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Also take some BCAAs and drink some green tea every day while doing this.
  • hoosier8
    hoosier8 Posts: 25
    I think your concentration of losing from a binge ignores the elephant in the room.

What caused you to binge?

I find that keeping my blood sugar level consistent keeps me from binging. When you eat high glycemic foods, your blood sugar rises, then falls later, that is when you will be driven to binge. Avoiding foods with a high glycemic index will do that for you. Look for foods with a glycemic index of 50 or below. Some diets use foods that have a low glycemic index. Google it.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Hmm, let's see 7 days of "binging," wanting to crash away 9 pounds in a few days, in order to get to an underweight BMI, yeah, sounds like an eating disorder to me.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Why don't you just do it and then let us know how that worked for you?

:laugh:
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    I hear it doesn't matter how much sodium, or carbs, or fat, or whatever for weight loss. All that matters, for weight loss, is staying under your calories. How do you think the twinkie diet worked? http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

All that other stuff is for health and nutrition. For weight loss, its about staying under your calories.

If I'm wrong, please please please correct me. Don't want wrong information to be passed around.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    These forums really make me despair sometimes. We're supposed to be supporting each other and look how many of you are being offhand, dismissive, judgemental or plain rude.
    The OP certainly did not give enough information for people to be accusing her of an eating disorder and just consider this; If she really does have one, do you think it's helpful to just throw accusations and criticism at her?!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    These forums really make me despair sometimes. We're supposed to be supporting each other and look how many of you are being offhand, dismissive, judgemental or plain rude.
    The OP certainly did not give enough information for people to be accusing her of an eating disorder and just consider this; If she really does have one, do you think it's helpful to just throw accusations and criticism at her?!
    Thanks for this post. It got me thinking. Does MY reply sound accusatory, critical, offhand, dismissive, judgmental or rude? Perhaps I need to look at my posting style. It certainly wasn't my intention. It was my intention to get her to stop and think as a 5/11 134lb girl, about the choices she makes for her body and her overall health.
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member

You can't support someone else's opinion if you don't believe it to be healthy. If someone posted in the forums for help on eating 300 calories a day.....you think everyone is going to offer positive support? Absolutely not. You need to understand the power of constructive criticism. Just because one person is asking for help does not mean its healthy. People are offering their opinions and experiences from what was asked. Please be more open minded, if your posting on a public forum, expect opinions from both sides.
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    So, how much can I lose (I'm 5' 11', around 141 lbs after the binge) ? Is it possible to lose 8.8 lbs?
    Thank you!

I need to ask this and please DONT think I am being snarky or anything. But if you have the will power to spend the next 4 days eating that amount and exercising to lose 8 pounds why didnt you have the same willpower to not binge? I honestly dont understand how that works.

You can't support someone else's opinion if you don't believe it to be healthy. If someone posted in the forums for help on eating 300 calories a day.....you think everyone is going to offer positive support? Absolutely not. You need to understand the power of constructive criticism. Just because one person is asking for help does not mean its healthy. People are offering their opinions and experiences from what was asked. Please be more open minded, if your posting on a public forum, expect opinions from both sides.

agree!
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    I totally get this--I have similar casting concerns all the time (although I'm not as thin as you are). I've had GREAT success not with low carb, but with a grain free diet. I didn't lose a million pounds immediately, but I DID lose what felt like a million inches from my belly, because I was suddenly not bloated for the first time in my life. I also felt a heckuva lot better, in pretty much every way. I still try to eat this way, although grains sneak in from time to time. (and after sustaining it, I have lost weight with it, but I know you're looking for a quick fix).

Main point: I looked at least ten pounds thinner.

Hope this is helpful! And have fun at your casting session!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    the OP is asking us to be judgmental by asking our opinions on her plan. i really wish more people would actually understand what the word "judgment" means.

anyway, OP, you'll probably lose water weight which will make a difference on the scale so if you need to be weighed then that might be useful, but if you're looking to change how you look then it's not going to make that much of a difference in 4 days.

my advice is to wear spanks and a push up bra
  • This is not true! I have been on 20 carbs a day for 5 days and have been losing a pound a day. Actually I have lost 8 pounds in the 5 days. I went on low carb 9 years ago and lost 165 pounds in under a year and was eating under 50 carbs a day.so it can be done! Also my health is great!