Does anyone know of a good HRM/Calorie Counter?

I haven't done a lot of exercising or caorie counting in the past, mostly skipping meals and drinking calories. Does anyone know a good reliabe and accurate Heart Rate Monitor and Calorie Counter to keep a closer count of what I've burned? I've recently been using the calories burned on whatever machine I use, but until today I was unaware that they could be so far off of the real burn. Help?! Thanks!

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    I'm using a Sportline with a chest strap that I bought for about $50. Anything with a chest strap is better than without. I used to have a Mio that was closer to $30, but it broke after a year. Lately, I've been thinking about upgrading to a Polar after hearing everyone else's stories on here about all of the cool things a Polar can do (such as synch to some of those workout machines at the gym).
  • SheTrucker
    SheTrucker Posts: 35 Member
    Great is that something you wear at all times or just while you're exercising?
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    I have a FitBit which keeps track of me during normal daily activities (walking, stair climbing, etc.) I also just got a Polar FT4 which I use when I walk (for exercise), bike, or do yoga. The HRM is definitely the way to go to track actual calories burned while exercising. Neither MFP or the FitBit is close for me.