Daily goals....

Why is it that at the end of the day I only have a few calories available still but at least half of my fat grams available? Is it a good thing that I am not eating the max in fat everyday? I try to eat all my calories and usually do pretty well, but this the start of week 3 and I have only lost 3 lbs. Plus, I am working out 3x per week!

HELP!

Replies

• wannaloseit
    wannaloseit Posts: 31
    Why is it that at the end of the day I only have a few calories available still but at least half of my fat grams available? Is it a good thing that I am not eating the max in fat everyday? I try to eat all my calories and usually do pretty well, but this the start of week 3 and I have only lost 3 lbs. Plus, I am working out 3x per week!

HELP!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    everyone needs fat in there diet.. but your only really required to have 2 servings of good stuff.. like canola or olive oil... salad dressing... if your craving stuff like salt or chocolate..increase it if not..dont... good luck :smile: also... depending on your settings one lb a week is good.. no more than two.. I look at it this way (ITS FRUSTRATING BUT WORKS) it took me how long to gain it.. thats how long it will take to loose...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    You're losing a lb a week, that's excellent! Shoot, I work out 6 days a week and I lose two lbs a month haha...believe me, your progress is stellar, so enjoy the speedy decline in your weight while you can. It'll slow down eventually, so you can't expect to lose 2lbs a week every week until you've reached your goal--your body isn't built for that.

Also, EAT the fat! Fat is essential (*essential fatty acids!*)...they are necessary for hormone production, brain function, immune response, cell walls, vitamin absorption...tons of important stuff. Just eating fat won't make you fat, and just eating less fat won't make you lose fat.