Food Addicts Anonymous??

Replies

• vivo
    vivo Posts: 80
    Hi my name's viv, and i'm a food addict. I've been sober for 3 days. But yesterday, my friend was frying chips and it was so hard *breaks into sobs* hehehe i love food! its so hard to control mysefl in front of food. I sober up for a couple of days, but then a day comes when BAM!! the cookie moster unleashes:O i go on a food craze, checking out food blogs and what not. i hope I'll learn to control this. but even so... I LOVE YOU FOOD!:bigsmile:
  • I am Heather and I am a food addict! First step is admitting you have a problem. That it has caused your life to become unmanageable. For real. I'm right there with all of you. It's a crippling addiction but we can overcome.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Good job, strongandfit! I know how you are feeling. When I have a stressful day I look to food to solve my problems and it's really hard learning not to do that. I keep reminding myself, food is fuel, not a friend.

I'm celebrating right now, because yesterday I binged but today I went to the gym and ate right, and I did a first - I TURNED DOWN a brownie from my roommate with "no thanks, I'm not hungry." Not, "I shouldn't," or "I can't," but "I'm not hungry." This is huge for me. Normally I can't resist chocolate's siren call and today I took a deep breath, asked if I was really hungry, and finally had the willpower to answer honestly instead of pretending I really was.

Heather, viv, and vee, welcome! :smile: This thread has helped me a lot the last few weeks, I hope it helps you too.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Welcome, newcomers! :flowerforyou:

Vanessa, make sure to drink a LOT of water (64 oz. a day) and fill up on veggies when you are hungry. You can do this!

I had a horrible night rehearsing with my students for their musical. Oh goodness, the attitudes of 13-yr-old girls! :explode: I guess I thought I knew so much at that age, too. Ooof. Proud to say I did NOT go to the fridge when I came home like I used to do when I had a bad day at work. I just have to take this one small success at a time. :ohwell:
  • Ok, so yes I am a food addict and I don't see anything on here about this topic. Anyone else want to join? :smile:

So here's my story: My name is Kim, I'm a mother of 2 and a full time Nursing student. I should know better about bad eating habits but when I'm stressed they come back stronger then ever. I had a really bad day yesterday so what did I do? I turned to food and ate 8 chocolate chip cookies!! Yes 8 of them!! I feel awful today, almost like I let myself down. But I am going to push through and get back on track. My goal for today is to stay within my fat, carbs and protein limits and to remind myself that food is fuel, not a comfort measure!!! Thanks for listening:) Have a good day!!

I like to see fellow food addicts out there. It's comforting =) But ya I feel ya. I've had days like that, I've never really turned to food before though. This last month has been a pain for me and I started noticing myself going for some sort of food when I am stressed. But I always get back on the wagon after that little splurge. I hate that guilty feeling, it's the worst. You're not alone and I hope your days get better for ya.
  • You guys would be proud of me. Like I said last night was an emotional night, day. So tempted to stuff myself to ge throught it. Stopped myself in my tracks and said no food is not the solution. Do not abuse it. So I just took stock what I was feeling and asked myself what would really make me feel whole again. The answer was sleep, major lack of it lately so I went to bed extra early last nt and got up feeling better this morn and 1 thought I had this morn was wow I got through that food thing ok last night. If I can do it once I can do it again. Remembering moderation. best to all. Enjoy your day.
  • Hey! This has been a rough couple of days for me. Stress and sickness can trigger me to want to eat. I knew stress could but I had no idea that when I don't feel well I turn to food. That's strange. Anyway, I'm trying to fight off some sort of bug or something I think because I've felt crappy all week long. Plus my fibro is acting up again so I'm not sleeping well. Anyway, just keep me in your prayers. Thanks!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Ow, that's no fun. Soup and tea always help me feel better, especially soups with a lot of veggies in them. I hope you feel better soon!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    I so need to be here!!! I am a food addict, I love to eat. I am having a horrible day today and really want to go grab something from the kitchen, frosting fixes a bad day right?? Nope it sure doesn't! SO I will whine on here a bit and feel better!

I turn to food when I am stressed or having a rough day, considering I run a home daycare there can be a lot of stressful days. I am finally getting the lbs off and will not undo my work!!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Augh, this is awful, they made me move again at my internship and now I'm spending the next three hours sitting an arm's length away from this stuff from Mario's Bakery. I'm not sure what it is but it has a phyllo bottom, raspberry filling, and brown sugar crumble on top and it's chewy and delicious and SO not in my budget for today. Water. Lots and lots of water. Not because I'm thirsty but because if I'm constantly getting up to refill my water bottle and go to the lav, I'm not sitting here staring down that devilish white box.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    I am Jess, and I found out from MFP that I am a food addict. I logged all of my meals yesterday, and was amazed (and depressed) by the results. Although I am new to MFP, I think that this site is amazing. I found that I had a hard time logging all of my meals because I ate so much. It literally hurt me to have to put down all of my food on there. I would encourage everyone to log everything you eat because it has made me more aware today, and I have been watching what I eat because I don't want to have to log it.
  • bluenote
    breezy - great atttitude! Keep it up! You will go far believing in yourself.
    sunsh1ne - how did you do with the dessert temptation? Inquiring minds want to know...
    leshawn - you're on my prayer list. I hope you feel better soon! I, too, find that with some illnesses I turn to food. It is crazy, and I don't know why...?
    strongandfit - You go! Good job evaluating what was REALLY bothering you and fixing it! Get some well-deserved rest!
    pressica - welcome! I am sort of new to MFP and I love it, too! I was just like you - totally shocked at what I REALLY was eating! Boy, did that calorie tracker open my eyes! Isn't it great, though, to finally, FINALLY see things for what they really are? Keep it up!

You will all be proud to know that I did NOT lose my temper today with my lovely, darling 13-yr-old students at our rehearsal. :tongue: After yesterday's rehearsal, I was about to throw in the towel - or eat the towel! :laugh:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Lots and lots of water. I did give in, but I only had one brownie-sized square, instead of most of the box.
  • bluenote
    Good for you, Sunsh1ne! Remember, one temptation - er, day at a time. :tongue: I would have caved. You have great willpower!
  • sunshine - you go girl!!! You faced your temptation by controlling how much you ate. That's great!!!
    zora - thanks for the prayers!! I still feel pretty crappy but I'm just trying to make it to the weekend.
    Welcome to all newbies!!!
  • bluenote
    I did a REALLY stupid thing. I stayed late at school to finish up little details for my students' show next week and I didn't bring a snack. So.......I was so hungry on the way home I went through Del Taco and got a veggie works burrito (thought, hey, can't be that bad, veggies...WRONG) and a beef burrito. Oh my word, the two together cost almost 1,000 calories!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

WHEN will I learn that I can NOT eat something before I know how much it is going to hurt me?!?!?!?!?! :cry:
    And I weigh in tomorrow. Frustrated!!! :explode:
  • Sunsh1ne
    One misstep in your week isn't going to hurt you too much. You've been doing great! Tomorrow is a brand new day, weigh-in or not.
  • Sunsh1ne
    I had a really good lunch today, all raw veggies, and I was thinking "Hm, well, if I'm going to indulge, now would be a good time to do it." I was staring the ice cream place in the caf down, watchign them make milkshakes. And I DID NOT get one. I looked up how much it would be to have one, and I didn't want almost 600 calories wrecking my day, so I packed up and went back to my room and had a 90-cal Tastykake and a big glass of water, and that was plenty for me. :smile:
  • bluenote
    That is wonderful, sunsh1ne!!! I am proud of you for passing up the milkshake! I passed up a piece of birthday cake last night and I feel great! :smile:

I have so much more energy now than I ever had. I am really grateful to everyone for their support!!! We can do this! :drinker:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Yay for celebrating without overeating!

I really depend on your guys, finding MFP might be the best thing that's ever happened to my health.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!