Teacher support Group

Replies

• LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???????????????????

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Break! It's now the homestreach to Christmas!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    I'm here! I made it through my concert (2 bands, 2 choirs, 1 night of madness) and am now ready to slack off until break.:laugh: I made it through Thanksgiving with mostly water weight gain. The 4 lb gain I registered from Thursday to Saturday has begun to subside (2 lb gone by Tuesday!) I am going to share a recipe I got from my aunt. It's for "low cal" fudge. Sugar is my weakness, and this one sounds GOOD!:love:

Marshmallow Fudge

1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
    2/3 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1-1/3 cups miniature marshmallows
    2 whole reduced fat graham crackers, broken into bite-size pieces

*Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and coat with cooking spray; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with milk; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Fold in the marshmallows and graham crackers.

*Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Lift out the pan and remove foil; cut into 48 pieces.

Yield: 4 dozen

1 piece = 41 calories

I have not run this through a recipe calculator. The calorie count is what was listed in the cookbook. But since this one doesn't have the 3 cups of sugar my traditional fudge recipe has, it MUST be better for me, right? Ok, maybe not better, but at least I don't have to feel quite as guilty afterwards!:bigsmile:

Stay strong during all those food days that are coming! (The desserts are ALWAYS my downfall.)
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Lisa, I am a music teacher also! I teach general and choir, K-6. I was a middle school choral director for years. My concert is a week from tonight and I can not wait until it is over! LOL :tongue:
  • lisawest
    Lisa, I am a music teacher also! I teach general and choir, K-6. I was a middle school choral director for years. My concert is a week from tonight and I can not wait until it is over! LOL :tongue:

I do 7-12 band and choir.

Good luck with your concert! I am DONE except for a home basketball game between now and Christmas.:bigsmile:

I get to attend my first concert in AGES that I don't have any responsibility during except being the parent of a participant! My daughter's first concert is a week from Monday. I can't wait!:happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Hey!
    Here's an interesting problem! :huh:
    Our site administrator encouraged all the teachers to add each other (& her) on Facebook last fall. The new teachers did, flattered to be included.
    Well, one was called into the office this week & told to remove some negative comments about the state's new teacher support program. :noway: It wasn't anything personal or specific - just some grumbling about the absurdity of the requirements...
    Then yesterday the same admin joked about some Halloween Facebook photos belonging to another teacher in a staff meeting. She said some "serious alcohol" must have been involved. IN A MEETING!!!!!!!!!!
    :huh: :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh:
    Can you believe it?
    Note to self:
    DON'T ADD YOUR BOSS!
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    I would love to join! I am in my 4th year teaching and would love to have the support of other teachers! This is my first week on myfitnesspal and am struggling with the after school/ evening cravings!!! I feel that now that Im counting my calories and such im much hungrier than I thought I would be. Any suggestions?
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Hey!
    Here's an interesting problem! :huh:
    Our site administrator encouraged all the teachers to add each other (& her) on Facebook last fall. The new teachers did, flattered to be included.
    Well, one was called into the office this week & told to remove some negative comments about the state's new teacher support program. :noway: It wasn't anything personal or specific - just some grumbling about the absurdity of the requirements...
    Then yesterday the same admin joked about some Halloween Facebook photos belonging to another teacher in a staff meeting. She said some "serious alcohol" must have been involved. IN A MEETING!!!!!!!!!!
    :huh: :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh:
    Can you believe it?
    Note to self:
    DON'T ADD YOUR BOSS!

Good call! I am "the boos" at work- I'm the director of an After School Program and I'm not friends with ANY of my staff members because I just don't see any good coming from that! Already dodged one major bullet by being Facebook friends with my staff, so I would never, ever do it! :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Yeup. I even go under a pseudonym on FB so NO knows I am even on there. Bummer for your newbie. :noway:

aam, if I had anything that worked for that stretch of time between after school and dinner, I'd share. But as it goes, I am in the same boat! I am trying something new right now: drinking 32 oz. of water just before I get in the car to go home. It keeps me full so far. Good luck! :drinker:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    In reference to Georg's post on FB:

Time to "Unfriend" the boss!!!!!!!!!
  • bluenote
    Is it me, or have the children gone nuts? LOL :noway:
  • Georg
    My kids were unbelievably well behaved last week. We'll see about this week.
    I ditched skool today to stay home & get some Christmas started around the house. (I have over 100 sick days & a really good sub.) It was decadent!
    :drinker:
  • lisawest
    I was hoping for a snow day today, but no go.:frown: Good news is that it's still coming down, so maybe at lunch?:smile: Of course I'm torn. If we don't use our snow days then we get out a week early in May, but if we use them then we don't.:ohwell: But an afternoon at home to put in more grades would be nice!

In answer to previous question about kids, mine have been SQUIRRLY (spelling?). But I believe it is most due to the weather, I hope!
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Thanks :) If you or anyone else has any great healthy snack ideas please post them!
  • bluenote
    I am way way way way way stressed. Tomorrow night, FINALLY - my students' show is over!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lisawest
    I am way way way way way stressed. Tomorrow night, FINALLY - my students' show is over!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yea!!!!:love::drinker: I love that "it's finally over" feeling. But then I get excited for the next set of music I get to work on. I also enjoy a little down time between, though. Which is why I've had my kiddos doing all kinds of sorting, filing, and organizing for me. The music files were in a shambles, and I've been trying to fix that.

Good luck tomorrow night!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    For those of you (myself included) in certain areas of the country...

'Tis the season of SNOW DAYS!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :love:
  • bluenote
    No snow days yet for us in Missouri. :ohwell: We usually get one before Christmas and then a few in January.

My students' show is OVER. It was great! I am sooo proud of them. They even kept going when part of the set caved in. LOL :laugh:

Lisa, yes I am in that "it's finally over" feeling. But I know what you mean - I found my mind wandering to the next show's music already! :tongue: I think today and tomorrow will be clean up the room days - my room is a disaster!
  • bluenote
    HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???????????????????

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Break! It's now the homestreach to Christmas!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Congrats on the ten pound mark!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Happy vacation, everyone!
  • bluenote
    Merry Christmas, fellow teachers!!! :heart: