Low-Carb, High Fiber, Lower-calorie CINNAMON ROLLS! :D

Replies

• MachellePhillips
    MachellePhillips Posts: 36 Member
    Bump
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    wish I didn't have to order by mail. Don't want to wait!
  • bump
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks for this recipe, going to try at the weekend. :flowerforyou:
  • Kulli1
    Kulli1 Posts: 34 Member
    Does anyone know if you can freeze the dough. I know if i make a full batch they will go to waste and bet they taste good fresh from the oven every morning.

I was also wondering where the cinnamon was in the recipe or does it just exist in the name!!

When i googled the mix i found the Betty Crocker Multi Purpose Mix is available in the local supermarket so going to try that before i worry about ordering online. Not sure of the cals yet but for a tester it should be fine.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    quick question? wheres the cinnamon part included in the rolls? I'm not seeing it in the recipe

also can I use bisquick instead? I have the low fat version
  • cocolo89
    Does anyone know if you can freeze the dough. I know if i make a full batch they will go to waste and bet they taste good fresh from the oven every morning.

I was also wondering where the cinnamon was in the recipe or does it just exist in the name!!

When i googled the mix i found the Betty Crocker Multi Purpose Mix is available in the local supermarket so going to try that before i worry about ordering online. Not sure of the cals yet but for a tester it should be fine.

hahah I didn't even see your comment til I posted. great minds think alike
  • nygirl777
    nygirl777 Posts: 35
    cinnamon rolls are my downfall so i am definately gonna try these!!!! Thanks!!!!
  • cocolo89
    I just found another low fat recipe for cinnamon rolls, you can tweak it how you want or make your own recipe by mix and matching ideas from each recipe. I am just about to get them started.
    http://condenasty.blogspot.com/2012/04/very-very-low-fat-cinnamon-rolls-sequel.html
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    OMG!! THOSE LOOK DELICIOUS!!
    I decided to order a box of the cabquick today! I will definitely be trying something like these in the very near future!!
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Bump! thanks for sharing, looks delicious!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Bump
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    120 cals?! Gimmie. Gimmie the whole pan.
  • babyshekamoo
    babyshekamoo Posts: 17 Member
    Omg these look amazing! My best friend is doing low carb as well and he LOVES cinnamon rolls. He is going to die!

I wonder if you could use a substitute for the carbquick like almond flower and flaxseed?
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    I always wondered what they looked like. I imagined separate rolls like a small bread roll.
    I bet they smell lovely when they are cooking. :smile:
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    looks great but BEWARE with the sweetners: splenda has aspartame which is horrible for you :

Aspartame

Aspartame is an artificial sweetener 200 sweeter than sugar. It also is known under the brand names Nutrasweet, Equal, Spoonful and Equal Measure.

Aspartate and glutamate act as neurotransmitters in the brain by facilitating the transmission of information from neuron to neuron. Too much aspartate or glutamate in the brain kills certain neurons by allowing the influx of too much calcium into the cells. This influx triggers excessive amounts of free radicals, which kill the cells.

There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame. The body digests aspartame and it can deposit within any tissue. Side effects include: blindness, decreased vision, pain in eyes, trouble with contact lenses, ringing or buzzing sound in the ears, hearing impairment, epileptic seizures, headaches, migraines, dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, slurring of speech, restless legs, tremors, severe depression, irritability, aggression, anxiety, insomnia, phobias, palpitations, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, nausea, diarrhoea, blood in stools, abdominal pain, itching, menstrual changes, loss of hair, weight gain, PMS, frequent urination, fluid retention, bloating, brain damage, birth defects, ulcers, addiction.

Aspartame changes the ratio of amino acids in the blood, blocking or lowering the levels of serotonin, tyrosine, dopamine, norepinephrine, and adrenaline. Therefore, it is typical that aspartame symptoms cannot be detected in lab tests and on x-rays.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/11/06/aspartame-most-dangerous-substance-added-to-food.aspx
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    bump
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Bumping this
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    bump
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    OK, so I totally posted this recipe like 2 years ago, but i just revisited it and noticed all the comments. Hhaha...

1. I'm editing to add cinnamon. Apparently I forgot to type it in.

2. I don't think these would freeze well unless pre-baked because they contain yeast.

3. I'm totally making these soon. I just scoured my past posts to find this post. LOL