Water

chloe210
chloe210 Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Food and Nutrition
How much is recommended daily, and how big are the cups they use as a measure? Im not sure if im getting enough or not

Replies

• How much is recommended daily, and how big are the cups they use as a measure? Im not sure if im getting enough or not
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    8 - 8 oz. cups is what you need to drink every day.
    The word "glass" is what confuses a lot of people.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Its all confusing, it doesnt help that measurments vary between the US and UK! A pint in the US is 473ml but in the UK its 568
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    Its all confusing, it doesnt help that measurments vary between the US and UK! A pint in the US is 473ml but in the UK its 568
    Hey, Chloe and all the International users,

Here's a conversion website :smile: - both UK and US measurements are included in weights & volumes.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/cgi-bin/util/convert.cgi

I use it all the time. Hope it helps.

~Cheryl
  • thanks for that. It took some effort but i managed to work it out, and came up with the same numbers as the site.

Ive alwyas wondered if the water with tea or coffee count, as its a natural diuretic. Or does milk count because i imagine that is mainly water and i drink more of that
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    They are telling us now that we can count some or all of our tea as water. I myself….and this is just me because it is the way I chose to do it……I only count one cup of my tea for one cup of my water.
    I have heard both ways…yes you can and no you can’t. I just go for the water the most. Although they do have those flavor pack things that you can put in your water and it is still counted as your water. So I really don’t see why you can’t count your tea as your water. Has anybody got something they can add to this??
    As for the milk….milk is milk and not water and can’t be counted as such. I have never heard of anyone saying you could count it as water sorry. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.