What are you reading currently?

Replies

• Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    i Just finished Christopher Paolini's Inheritance, and now i've started Harvesting The Heart by Jodi Picoult
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I just finished The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman and Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich (the latest Stephanie Plum novel). Both very different, but very good.

I just Dean Koontz's Frankenstein Book one Prodical son last night. I had read book 1 and 2 when the first came out 7 years ago. Koontz released book 3 in 2010. I pretty much figured I just needed to start the series over again lol.
  • music_bird
    music_bird Posts: 10
    I'm currently reading a book called "How to think like Leonardo Da Vinci" by Michael J Gelb. It's the most interesting book! I would recommend it to anyone.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    After reading all 10 pages I now have a list of books I need to read, I am going to post them here because I now I will lose the written list I just made. LOL So now I can just come back here and find the books!

The Partials
    Divergent
    Angel of Death
    Legend
    The hour I first Believed
    Dismembered
    The Maze Runner
    Uglies (I have read the first two in this series but keep forgetting to get the rest!)
    We need to talk about Kevin

Anyone have anything else to recommend that they think I will like based on the books above?!

Delirium
    Divergent
    Pure
    The Micheal grant gone series, first one is. Bit hard to get into but the rest of the series is awesome
    Skulduggery pleasant - yes it's about a skeleton and aimed at tween but it's brilliantly written, really different and extremely witty. I had to be persuaded to read the first one, read all of them within 2 weeks!
  • lstillwell1128
    lstillwell1128 Posts: 23 Member
    I am currently reading "Any Place I Hang My Hat" by Susan Issacs. In summary it is about:

Amy Lincoln whose mother abandoned her when she was ten months old (just a couple of months after Amy's father went off to serve his first prison term), leaving her in the care of Grandma Lil, who shoplifts dinner on the way home from her job as a leg waxer for the rich.

When Amy is fourteen, she gets a scholarship to a expensive New England boarding school. After Harvard and the Columbia School of Journalism, Amy becomes a political reporter for the a weekly journal. While covering a political fund-raiser, Amy meets a college student who claims to be the son of one of the presidential candidates. The idea of tracking down a lost parent and demanding recognition intrigues Amy. As she begins a search of her own past as well as the candidate's, she discovers her real grandmother and mother.

So far it is pretty good :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    just finished bared to you by sylvia day. like 50 shades but better written
  • heatherherring15
    heatherherring15 Posts: 22 Member
    I am currently reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I am considering whether to teaching it in the fall or not.
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    I'm reading Harry Potter 5 (yes, this is my first time through the series... for some reason they're just really hard for me to get through!), The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and Chuck Palahniuk's Damned. Wait, how old am I again? This looks like a teenager's reading list. LOL.

Also, I'm bumping so I can go back through this topic and check out all these books on GoodReads. :tongue:
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    I'm reading "Let's Pretend This Never Happened" by Jenny Lawson. I'm a huge fan of her blog, and the book is effing hilarious. I usually don't laugh out loud, but I just keep having spurts of giggles while reading. I definitely recommend if you have an acidic sense of humor, aren't easily offended, and don't mind tons of f-bombs. ;D
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons....(:
  • Seraphinablu
    Seraphinablu Posts: 26 Member
    About to start The Night Circus - By Erin Morgenstern =)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    I'm reading The Maze Runner, and Gods and Kings.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    My students and I loved The Maze Runner. I was disappointed in the Scorch Trials and Death Cure.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    I'm reading An Exact Replica Of A Figment Of My Imagination: A Memoir by Elizabeth McCracken. Love it so far. The topic is sad (stillbirth), but McCracken has a way with words. I read an excerpt from the book in a magazine then knew I had to read the whole book.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    My students and I loved The Maze Runner. I was disappointed in the Scorch Trials and Death Cure.

I loved all 3. But I spaced them out, rather than reading them in one go, which may have helped!
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Such an awesome series. Now I'll be reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's an interesting book so far.
  • lstillwell1128
    lstillwell1128 Posts: 23 Member
    Just finished "Any Place I Hang My Hat" and am now starting "Glitter Baby" by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, for some reason I'm really into Chick Lit right now :)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Such an awesome series. Now I'll be reading The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's an interesting book so far.

I loved the Art of Racing in the Rain. The ending is very memorable.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons....(:

Who is the author? It sounds like an interesting read.

Currently I am reading Diabolical by Cynthia Smith it is the fourth novel in the Tantalize series. It is YA, but a very diverse world...supernatural and Christian at the same time.
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    I'm reading The Leopard by Jo Nesbo...it's part of the Detective Harry Hole series (Norwegian crime thriller).