Photography thread!

Igoligirl
Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
Hey, all! Show off your skill and/or passion for photography!! I would love to see some of your work. I am getting all Maine-d out :D

http://bmplifethroughalens.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think, all!!

I LOVE photography and being able to express myself through the lens. Please give a little feedback!

Replies

• yess ! great thread! hope more people hop on . some of my stuff is in my profile
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    FragileagainstthemPowerfulwithinourselves.jpg
  • Igoligirl
    yeah, i've gotten a bunch of emails. lol. I will check our your pics :)
  • Igoligirl
    FragileagainstthemPowerfulwithinourselves.jpg

LOVELY!!
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Here are 2 of my favorites
    1187588140_cdUXi-M.jpg

1135535614_RngZY-M.jpg
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    bump
  • Igoligirl
    @dawn
    Oh, gosh, those are amazing! Have you more? where did you take them?
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    evie.jpg

My grandaughter

finlay.jpg

Friends son who moved to Oz
  • Dawnhasajeep
    @dawn
    Thanks.
    The first photo with the lobster boat is Stonington ME more of that day are here. http://cadottephotos.smugmug.com/Other/Stonington-ME/15837808_tcnpnm#!i=1187583250&k=qvMwN

Here is another from Stonington that won 1st in a State fair. First time I ever entered any of my work for viewing.
    1187601311_PL3s6-M.jpg

The second photo is Ellsworth ME.
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Mine are: www.Facebook.com/rawpetphotography and www.facebook.com/RWZAP -both wildlife and animal related, feel free to mosey!
  • Igoligirl
    Hey, I live a stone's throw from Ellsworth!

Those are lovely! I have a lot more pics of the incredible state of maine on my profile and also on my blog,

Bmplifethroughalens.blogspot.com

Check them out!:happy:
  • Igoligirl
    @dawn
    Thanks.
    The first photo with the lobster boat is Stonington ME more of that day are here. http://cadottephotos.smugmug.com/Other/Stonington-ME/15837808_tcnpnm#!i=1187583250&k=qvMwN

Here is another from Stonington that won 1st in a State fair. First time I ever entered any of my work for viewing.
    1187601311_PL3s6-M.jpg

The second photo is Ellsworth ME.

Those are lovely! I have a lot more pics of the incredible state of maine on my profile and also on my blog,

Check them out!
  • Dawnhasajeep

Check them out!:happy:

I was just looking through. You have a lot of great shots! Nice work. I work in Ellsworth Live in near Bangor. I feel really blessed to live in such a beautiful place.
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100
    I miss living in Maine :(

Beautiful pictures!

(sorry I'm not a good photographer at all but I love looking at the Maine pictures :) )
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    I'm not amazing or anything but these are some of my favs

DSC03393.jpg

DSC03394-1.jpg

DSC05126-1.jpg
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    I am by no means a professional. I got my first DSLR a few months ago "for work", but it's been easily just as much for fun. I'm loving the trick with Canon where you can flip your lens and use it as a macro - it's not as fantastic as a "real" macro lens would be, but I'm not sure which one I want yet. Also, lenses become an obsession VERY quickly I'm finding out!

IMG_8579.jpg

Black eyed susan in my yard.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    I am not a photographer, but I know a really good one who's a coworker of mine, and takes pics of the area where I live (Duluth MN) Check him out:

http://shawnthompsonphotography.com/

Here's kind of a cool pic I did take myself - along a trail that I like to hike in my area:

PhonepicsMay2012287.jpg
  • Igoligirl
    I'm not amazing or anything but these are some of my favs

DSC03393.jpg

DSC03394-1.jpg

DSC05126-1.jpg
    Hey, I loved those! Bridges are some of my favorite things to take pics of. None of use are professionals lol but I think we all take some pretty wicked pics!
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.427753903935989.117867.273940872650627&type=3

I can't ever get my stuff to post, but here's the link to my portfolio. I love taking pictures, but I'm just getting started, so it's not anything amazing yet!

ETA:My favorite is the picture of the pregnant girl bent down looking at a brick. It's my cousin, who was looking at the memorial brick for her brother in law, Jacob, who was KIA in Afghanistan last November. It was her first time seeing it, and it was pretty emotional for us both.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    I never go anywhere with out at least one camera. You can see my candid shots on Instagram @juliecat1. My pro stuff all has my last name watermarked on it. I'll come back and post some later with it removed.