Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Groups

tnkittytnkitty Posts: 78Member Member Posts: 78Member Member
I skimmed through the suggestions and I don't think I saw this one yet. It would be great to have groups either formed by the admin or by us. For example a stay-at-home mom group, a men's group, a teen group, etc. You could have any type of group. It would be a great way to stay motivated.

Replies

• tnkittytnkitty Posts: 78Member Member Posts: 78Member Member
    I skimmed through the suggestions and I don't think I saw this one yet. It would be great to have groups either formed by the admin or by us. For example a stay-at-home mom group, a men's group, a teen group, etc. You could have any type of group. It would be a great way to stay motivated.
  • mlambemlambe Posts: 5Member Posts: 5Member
    i think it would be great!!
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,982Member Member Posts: 28,982Member Member
    TNKitty,

How about a "Weight-Loss" kitty lover board? Tee hee.

I started one for "Military families and friends" a while ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/8-motivation-and-support?page=2

~cm
  • pamelawhpamelawh Posts: 162Member Member Posts: 162Member Member
    that may be nice. i'm a work from home post mom.
  • tnkittytnkitty Posts: 78Member Member Posts: 78Member Member
    lol @ cm...that would be great ;-)
  • sestrada28sestrada28 Posts: 20Member Posts: 20Member
    I agree with the whole Groups and Friends concept. We should have groups so that the group can go online and discuss a specific challenge..etc. I would have to have to post and do it on another site.. that makes no sense.
  • Nellie19Nellie19 Posts: 21Member Posts: 21Member
    I'LL LOVE IT ,THAT WOULD BE GREAT
  • Najah5150Najah5150 Posts: 170Member Posts: 170Member
    I like your idea
  • Loretta_JoLoretta_Jo Posts: 609Member Member Posts: 609Member Member
    Sounds like a good idea. Just add forums here like we already have for Introduce Yourself etc….. Is that what you all are talking about?
    Things like for stay at home moms, to have a place where they could discuss things that come up and they need help with. I know it is hard to feed the little ones keeping things for them that they need and not eat them ourselves…. middle of the night feedings etc…..
    A For Ladies Only forum where the ladies can discuss things that just us girls have a problem with from time to time. And a men’s forum as well.
    Maybe even one for people with health issues that make it difficult to exercise etc…… We could share ideas there that help us with things like that.
    Is this what you all are talking about? Or am I totally off the mark? Or are you all talking about groups with in this group not just new forums added here?
    I never clamed to be the sharpest tool in the shed so sometimes I can be really dense.
    :embarassed: :tongue:
  • kjllosekjllose Posts: 948Member Member Posts: 948Member Member
    Well reading all your posts everyone seems to like the idea, but I don't like the idea of being labled. I love talking with everyone. I don't want to feel like I'm barging in on young mom's or entering a conversation where I feel I'm in the wrong place.
  • Loretta_JoLoretta_Jo Posts: 609Member Member Posts: 609Member Member
    I really don’t think the new moms (or anyone) would fell like we were barging in. It would just make it easier for people to find the help and encouragement that they need at the time from others going through the same thing. The ones of us who have already raised our children (or what ever the subject or forum) we still have insight we can offer on a subject. We still have things we can shear. A Ladies forum would save the guys from having to read about ladies issues that I know they just don’t understand because they have never gone through them personally. It isn’t really labeling anyone it is just making it easier for people to find what they are looking for at the time. And all posts would still show up in the recent posts so we would still be able to take part in any and all forums we wish to. Know what I mean? :flowerforyou:
  • memeburkememeburke Posts: 65Member Posts: 65Member
    I like the idea !
    Shirley