30 + Day Raw Commitment

vegansara
vegansara Posts: 192 Member
I started a 30 day raw challenge today - I'm excited! I eat a lot of raw food but have decided to do a 30 day all raw commitment. I may extend past 30 days, if I'm smart enough to :).

I've done one all raw challenge in the past and felt fantastic. Now I have the added tool of MFP to make sure I'm getting enough calories in every day.

If you are curious about whether or not you could manage a raw food challenge feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary - my diet isn't anything fancy, but it works. I'm planning on starting with smoothies and salads, and I've got some grains soaking right now.

Anyway, looking forward to posting on here more, trying new recipes, and feeling great :)

Replies

• Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    I'm doing the raw summer with Geyser so we're overlapping with your challenge. I'd love to compare notes and share recipes. So I'll check back here periodically to see how you're doing. It's great to have another raw MFP pal!
  • vegansara
    I am ten days in and feeling great. So much more sustainable than when I've tried to do all raw in the past. Over the years I seem to have increased my comfort and repertoire of raw foods to the point that it doesn't feel like more work or limiting in any way; mostly I just feel like I get to eat delicious stuff and feel great all of the time.

Tall_E, I'll send you a friend request!
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    I just started Ani Phyo’s 15-Day Fat-Blast. I am on day 2, so far so good! I will be happy to get out of the first phase though. Good luck with your 30 days!
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    So happy for you guys! I'm going to try it starting August!! I've been slowly transitioning.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    So happy for you guys! I'm going to try it starting August!! I've been slowly transitioning.

Slow can be real good. I find that big changes work best for me when I do them gradually.
  • vegansara
    Hello, just checking in. 14 days in and I've lost 4.6 pounds. I'm feeling great! Plenty of energy, and I just keep thinking raw food tastes so good, why would I ever go back? Of course, convenience and habit. For example, today I'm teaching three Bikram yoga classes and historically I would get pho for lunch to replace the sodium and liquid I've lost so far today. Today I thought . . . well, what do I have at home? Had a raw granola bar for snack, just had an apple and some cashew dip (homemade and raw) and I think I'll munch on some almonds now. Ooh and a coconut water.

I think this go-round raw might stick for good!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    :happy: Wow Good for you !! It feels great realising a new better way of living! I just finished a 6 day juice cleanse and want to transition into eating raw foods, (I'm not perfect, I will still be having sushi as a treat on the rare occaision, it's my weakness:smile: )
    I am making zucchini pasta tonight and I am quite exicted to begin to fuel my body the way you and many others are doing to live the most optimal healthy life! :) I am new to the raw world, although I have been off pork, chicken and beef and all other mammals for more than a year now. It's good you feel comfortable with the recipes and the know-hows thats something I will definitely have to work on!

:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    I enjoy raw foods and did it for 30 days once and 60 days another time...i eat many raw meals now but don't want to be 100% raw because i liked cooked food too :)