Stop eating so much sugar

I see way too many people complain about not losing weight in the forums

Sugar is killing us all
It sneak into everyone's diet (I am no exception)

However, I've noticed many user diary's have at least two or more portions of sweets* everyday
Sweets are a weekly cheat not a daily one.

Get over your chocolate addictions, give up the processed junk , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "CHEATS ARE ONCE A WEEK" and you will see weight come flying off.

Don't drink anything but water.

Cheats are for mental balance so you don't go crazy, If you need some everyday you're as bad as an alcoholic, the difference is you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be huge or on your way to being huge instead. (For the Ecto's Skinny fat is not better)

*By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic. Look any sweetener up and you will find problems with them all. Even Stevia has is drawbacks, like lack of proper studies on it. The food industry is testing these products on us not releasing studied products for us.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really we all have a pretty good idea what's good for us.

Hope you liked the rant...

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I have sweets every day and had no trouble losing weight.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    AMEN!

This was my first week of giving up sweets and starches and it resulted in a 6 pound weight loss! I am never looking back!!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Life's too short as it is to give up chocolate, not gonna happen...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member

^This.
  • cranjs
    cranjs Posts: 11
    Never giving up my glass of wine and occasional chocolate - I'm losing too!
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    here we go again. and "be douche with everyone"? WTF?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Or you could just stay within a calorie deficit and eat it in moderation, and here is the key phrase, if it fits in your macros. Also, maybe apply a little self control and common sense and don't have your whole carb macro be from sugary food? Would that be too much to handle?

Sugar is not the enemy.

"We have met the enemy and he is us!" - Pogo
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Life's too short as it is to give up chocolate, not gonna happen...

Agreed! Not only that, dark chocolate is good for you: http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20030827/dark-chocolate-is-healthy-chocolate
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Life is way to short! I want my sweets and I want to eat them too... along with drink my beer, wine... etc... :drinker:
  • HelenaMH
    HelenaMH Posts: 40
    Hey Mr. MyPhoto,

I agree with you! Sugar is way worse for us that most people will admit. I've done a lot of research on it and that's one of the main reasons for the horrible health of most Amercians. I'll have occasional stevia (in granola) or splurging on something s/f every week or so, but sticking to a regular no sugar and no substitutes has really made me feel better about my health. Thanks for the rant.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    lolrus.gif
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    lolrus.gif

nice tits lolrus
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    imagesCA117APG.jpg
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    I am just CRACKING up because I looked at your diary, and you have at least one "sweet" a day, whether it be a chocolate protein bar, angel food cake, maple syrup, etc... Hypocritical much?!?!

IIFYM!!!!!
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Sugar has no effect on my weight loss.

Calories do.

Now excuse me, I have to go make a pie.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    *By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic.

WRONG!!! Splenda is a sugar molecule combined with an extra chloride atom!! You know... like in sodium cholride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride! Do some research before you make proclamations (assumptions)!

Edited to remove my assumption before I make an *kitten* out of myself too!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member

^This.

This.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Sugar is not evil. Carbs are not evil. Unless you have a metabolic problem or a self control issue around them, they are FINE, in moderation. Even daily.

I eat sweets daily, usually after every meal (and sometimes in place of a meal). Losing just fine, thankyouverymuch.
  • cneedy
    cneedy Posts: 6
    The main reason I was having so much trouble losing weight my first few weeks was because I was eating too little. 1,200 was too little for me so I bumped it up to 1,500 and lost 1.2 that week. Didn't change much, just had a little more on my plate. Yes, sugar is bad, but to avoid all the "bad sugar" in the foods (like canned goods, etc.) you would have to be a vegan and grow your own plant to really regulate the sugar intake. That way, there are no "surprise" sugar in there. Yes, I do have a lot of sugar, but I can't get enough of my cokes!