Stop eating so much sugar

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    I see way too many people complain about not losing weight in the forums

Sugar is killing us all
    It sneak into everyone's diet (I am no exception)

However, I've noticed many user diary's have at least two or more portions of sweets* everyday
    Sweets are a weekly cheat not a daily one.

Get over your chocolate addictions, give up the processed junk , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "CHEATS ARE ONCE A WEEK" and you will see weight come flying off.

Don't drink anything but water.

Cheats are for mental balance so you don't go crazy, If you need some everyday you're as bad as an alcoholic, the difference is you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be huge or on your way to being huge instead. (For the Ecto's Skinny fat is not better)

*By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic. Look any sweetener up and you will find problems with them all. Even Stevia has is drawbacks, like lack of proper studies on it. The food industry is testing these products on us not releasing studied products for us.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really we all have a pretty good idea what's good for us.

Hope you liked the rant...

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif&sa=X&ei=2fkGUO25Noq2rQGt0szrCA&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHWjRFSPcQleuJlZKy4yeXLPi4CfQ
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    HA HA HA
    HA HA
    HA
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Yahoo_Bang_Head_Emoticon_by_WhiteDragon1983.gif

Hilarious
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Dude, what do you think is sweetening all those Vega Smoothies you are consuming? You are basically having a milkshake every day. Relax, and stop judging other people.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Well I eat 2000 "sugar" calories a day and well the results tell.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Or you could just stay within a calorie deficit and eat it in moderation, and here is the key phrase, if it fits in your macros. Also, maybe apply a little self control and common sense and don't have your whole carb macro be from sugary food? Would that be too much to handle?

Sugar is not the enemy.

"We have met the enemy and he is us!" - Pogo

If sweets and sugars are out then I guess I fail and MFP will kick me off any minute now. Maybe I should just quit so that I can gain back all the weight I LOST while eating sweets in moderation. Im out.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Wow someone who wants sweets everyday is as bad as an alcoholic?
    "everyone here is now dumber for having read that, I award you no points..."

You ever known an alcoholic? Lived with one....been one yourself...had your family torn apart by it?
    Yea probably not.
  • shellrag
    shellrag Posts: 2 Member
    what about replacing sugar with spetia?? will that work? its not artificial sweetener like splenda..:smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    you're not the boss of me
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I eat loads of sugar daily and it hasn't prevented me dropping fat. It's just a carb*.

*unless you're diabetic
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    I am just CRACKING up because I looked at your diary, and you have at least one "sweet" a day, whether it be a chocolate protein bar, angel food cake, maple syrup, etc... Hypocritical much?!?!

IIFYM!!!!!
    I think you missed the "(I am no exception)" part of his post.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    *By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic.

WRONG!!! Splenda is a sugar molecule combined with an extra chloride atom!! You know... like in sodium cholride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride! Do some research before you make proclamations (assumptions)!

Edited to remove my assumption before I make an *kitten* out of myself too!

It's tri-chlorinated.

Because it's already a chloride... yes, I know.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Alrighty then.

So you're saying I can't lose 174 lbs if I eat sweet things? I'll take that under advisement.

Oh, wait. I already did lose 174 lbs eating sweet things. Never mind.
  • AlyssaWannabe
    AlyssaWannabe Posts: 13 Member
    Keep your eyes out of other people's diaries if you can't handle people eating differently than you.
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    I eat loads of sugar daily and it hasn't prevented me dropping fat. It's just a carb*.

*unless you're diabetic
    Not to worry with enough carbs / sugar Type 2 diabetes is what you have to look forward to. As well as insulin shots, cuts that won’t heal, going blind and if you are lucky you will get a electric wheel chair when they amputate your legs.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    30m61hj.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky

*unless you're diabetic
    Not to worry with enough carbs / sugar Type 2 diabetes is what you have to look forward to. As well as insulin shots, cuts that won’t heal, going blind and if you are lucky you will get a electric wheel chair when they amputate your legs.

I'm pretty sure the ciggarettes are going to give me cancer and kill me loooooooong before the M&M's give me diabetes... and kills me.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    My opinion: sugar is toxic to your body. There are no health benefits to consuming it. If someone chooses to eat a crapload of sugar in their 20s and 30s, I'm not going to feel sorry for them when various health issues pop up at the age of 50.

That being said, I do have the occasional bit of chocolate.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Alrighty then.

So you're saying I can't lose 174 lbs if I eat sweet things? I'll take that under advisement.

Oh, wait. I already did lose 174 lbs eating sweet things. Never mind.

:drinker: