Stop eating so much sugar

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    funny-pictures-gif-cat-eats.gif

What? I can't hear you over the sound of my munching my sugary fruits... Which I eat daily.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Sugar may (or may not) be the devil, but seriously, to each his/her own.
  • tlink67
    tlink67 Posts: 20 Member
    I see way too many people complain about not losing weight in the forums

Sugar is killing us all
    It sneak into everyone's diet (I am no exception)

However, I've noticed many user diary's have at least two or more portions of sweets* everyday
    Sweets are a weekly cheat not a daily one.

Get over your chocolate addictions, give up the processed junk , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "CHEATS ARE ONCE A WEEK" and you will see weight come flying off.

Don't drink anything but water.

Cheats are for mental balance so you don't go crazy, If you need some everyday you're as bad as an alcoholic, the difference is you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be huge or on your way to being huge instead. (For the Ecto's Skinny fat is not better)

*By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic. Look any sweetener up and you will find problems with them all. Even Stevia has is drawbacks, like lack of proper studies on it. The food industry is testing these products on us not releasing studied products for us.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really we all have a pretty good idea what's good for us.

Hope you liked the rant...

You can have a treat everyday as long as:
    1) you fit that calories within your daily needs
    2) dont go over your sugar

BTW--dark chocolate is a very good antioxidant and helps reduce stress
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I see way too many people complain about not enjoying their diet on the forums.

Orthorexia is killing us all

However, I've noticed many user practice arbitrary food elimination with no understanding of dosage or context.

Get over your orthorexia, give up the arbitrary food rules , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "STOP ELIMINATING FOODS YOU ENJOY" and you will see the enjoyment of your diet increase.

Drink anything that fits your macros.

Enjoyable foods are important for mental balance so you don't go crazy, if you need some tasty food everyday you're pretty normal, and if you eat it you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be successful or on your way to being successful instead.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really most of us have no clue and like to make posts about pinning obesity on one singular food item while completely lacking an understanding of global concepts.

Fixed.
  • I wish MFP had the +1 system. :laugh:

I'd plus the post right above this one.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Say what?

Stop eating sweets?!

ERNIE.gif?t=1341723024

the nerve....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member

However, I've noticed many user practice arbitrary food elimination with no understanding of dosage or context.

Get over your orthorexia, give up the arbitrary food rules , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "STOP ELIMINATING FOODS YOU ENJOY" and you will see the enjoyment of your diet increase.

Enjoyable foods are important for mental balance so you don't go crazy, if you need some tasty food everyday you're pretty normal, and if you eat it you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be successful or on your way to being successful instead.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really most of us have no clue and like to make posts about pinning obesity on one singular food item while completely lacking an understanding of global concepts.

Fixed.

:heart:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member

Fixed.

Niiiiiceee!
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member

Fixed.

You my friend nailed that.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    you're not the boss of me

Taso, you are totally cracking me up!! I am belly laughin here!! A friend of mine makes some homemade wine. When his wife has some, this is what she tells him! So, he named his wine, "Your Not The Boss Of Me"!
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    So most of my sugar comes from fruit (and maybe from my coffee creamer, which I am not ready to give up right now)...it's fairly easy to go over the macro with an apple, blueberries, banana, etc- all stuff that I feel is incredibly healthy and beneficial to my diet.
  • Cristofori44
    Cristofori44 Posts: 201
    I am just CRACKING up because I looked at your diary, and you have at least one "sweet" a day, whether it be a chocolate protein bar, angel food cake, maple syrup, etc... Hypocritical much?!?!

IIFYM!!!!!

Did you do this when you looked at the diary?

larry-and-jeff.jpg
  • Caleysia
    Caleysia Posts: 23
    Never give it up. It is actually good to have some DARK chocolate everyday with a glass of red wine
    Chocolate for the win
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    I see way too many people complain about not losing weight in the forums

Sugar is killing us all

However, I've noticed many user diary's have at least two or more portions of sweets* everyday
    Sweets are a weekly cheat not a daily one.

Get over your chocolate addictions, give up the processed junk , COMMIT TO YOURSELF "CHEATS ARE ONCE A WEEK" and you will see weight come flying off.

Don't drink anything but water.

Cheats are for mental balance so you don't go crazy, If you need some everyday you're as bad as an alcoholic, the difference is you just won't necessarily be douche with everyone... you'll be huge or on your way to being huge instead. (For the Ecto's Skinny fat is not better)

*By sweets I mean anything sweet. No forgiving sweeteners... They're not better for you than sugar... none of them are so don't be fooled. Most are actually worst for you. One such example is Splenda it's sugar treated with arsenic. Look any sweetener up and you will find problems with them all. Even Stevia has is drawbacks, like lack of proper studies on it. The food industry is testing these products on us not releasing studied products for us.

This post may seem negative but it really isn't I really want everyone to do well, I just get frustrated the food industry has us all wondering what good and what's bad. When really we all have a pretty good idea what's good for us.

nuh - uhhhh!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    So what do you have to say about fruit?
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    MAKE ME
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I eat sweets everyday... and lost 30 pounds plus 6 sizes.

So take your rant and shove it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    I eat loads of sugar daily and it hasn't prevented me dropping fat. It's just a carb*.

*unless you're diabetic
    Not to worry with enough carbs / sugar Type 2 diabetes is what you have to look forward to. As well as insulin shots, cuts that won’t heal, going blind and if you are lucky you will get a electric wheel chair when they amputate your legs.
    :laugh:
    Who pissed in your corn...wait, they have sugar in them, so obviously you didn't have any this morning.
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    I really liked what sidesteal had to say about my post.

I recommend reading it its much better than my post and I wish I had written it. At least I inspired it out from him.

As for the fruit question:
    Fruits are okay, but too much is still too much. Fructose is harder to process and is more likely to go to your fat cells. Choose veggies over fruit when you can. Your body knows what to do with Glucose better.