Vitamin Usage......

Hi everyone,

Well I have a question to ask regarding vitamin usage and the reason I bring this up is because recently I've noticed that my face is really dry, my fingertips are peeling, my knuckles are dry, just all around my skin is suffering. I would expect this when I was in the -60's in the winter but now its nice in the 40-60's.

I've heard vitamins are just junk because your body can't use all that at once but now Im having second thoughts on that. What are your opinions on vitamins and which ones are good to take? Is there anything I should add in for my skin? I think I heard Vitamin E was good but I have to do some googling on that. I just wanted some honest opinions on if you noticed any difference or improvments from no vitamin to using a vitamin and some that are worth the money.

Thank alot,
Pat

Replies

• barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Hi everyone,

Well I have a question to ask regarding vitamin usage and the reason I bring this up is because recently I've noticed that my face is really dry, my fingertips are peeling, my knuckles are dry, just all around my skin is suffering. I would expect this when I was in the -60's in the winter but now its nice in the 40-60's.

I've heard vitamins are just junk because your body can't use all that at once but now Im having second thoughts on that. What are your opinions on vitamins and which ones are good to take? Is there anything I should add in for my skin? I think I heard Vitamin E was good but I have to do some googling on that. I just wanted some honest opinions on if you noticed any difference or improvments from no vitamin to using a vitamin and some that are worth the money.

Thank alot,
    Pat
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Vitamin E is great for you skin.. I get it from the dollar store and put it on after a shower... Very good.. Also if your skin is dry... are you drinkin your water? It helps keep your skin healthy. I've always drank tons of water. I notice when I don't, cause my skin gets dry.

And I take a oneaday vitamin.. the Weight Smart Advanced cause it has all that stuff I need with a balanced deit and execerise.. I haven't had a problem with it. I take it on a full tummy after my first meal..

And make sure you lotion after a shower.... Vasaline n Lotion works wonders. I have great skin thanks to these tips... My mama taught me them. And my X-boyfriend always told me I have the softest skin he ever touched... haha
  • Yeah I would say drink water and stay hydrated, and you can pop E capsules straight onto your skin or buy the oil and use that
  • nikki_b335
    nikki_b335 Posts: 71 Member
    Vitamin E is great. I use baby oil while I am in the shower pat dry and for extra moisture I use either palmers cocoa butter ( the one in the jar) or pure shea butter! it works great dont have any problems with my skin! :flowerforyou:
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Vitamin E is good, especially topically, but taking fish oil or vegetarian omega 3s, such as flax oil, internally would also really help.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Before you supplement, I'd look at the solid nutrients you're eating first. How much fat are you eating? You might want to increase it to 25-30% and see if that helps--you need oil to moisturize your skin and hair. Also make sure you're drinking plenty of water.
  • barracudamuscle
    Im drinking roughly 3 32oz Nalgene bottles a day so I think my waer intake is good. Im eating roughly 25-35 a day of fat. I don't want t smell like a tuna by rubbing fish oil on me, but maybe a pill would work? I appreciate all your input and quickess to getting back to me!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Haha, yeah, the fish oil you would take internally, in a pill form or you can get the liquid and drink it, you wouldn't want to rub it on your skin. :tongue:
  • barracudamuscle
    Haha, yeah, the fish oil you would take internally, in a pill form or you can get the liquid and drink it, you wouldn't want to rub it on your skin. :tongue:

You know I'm really glad we cleared that up for me!:wink: Not only would I be one of those guys at the gym you ladys always talk about stinking, I'd have a coalition of cats following me through dark alleys just waiting to take me down thinking I was a big tuna!!

Ill see about getting these vitamin/ fishy oil shinanigans and let you know how it goes. You can bet your goat that I'd be coming on here to complain that the cats got me while you all snicker! hahaha Thanks again everyone!