Stop eating so much sugar

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    My opinion: sugar is toxic to your body. There are no health benefits to consuming it. If someone chooses to eat a crapload of sugar in their 20s and 30s, I'm not going to feel sorry for them when various health issues pop up at the age of 50.

That being said, I do have the occasional bit of chocolate.
    Damn - I've eaten various sugary stuffs my whole life, turn 50 in a couple months and have a 100% clean bill of health. BRB, waiting for all those various health issues to suddenly pop up......
  • I think someone is projecting....
  • ang3h
    ang3h Posts: 185 Member
    And what a miserable life it would be, without sweets and chocolate! Everything in moderation.. I will never cut out sweets :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member

Damn - I've eaten various sugary stuffs my whole life, turn 50 in a couple months and have a 100% clean bill of health. BRB, waiting for all those various health issues to suddenly pop up......

Just turned 61 and Hemaglobin A1c count is 5.4. Less than 5.7 indicates decreased risk for diabetes. Too much sugar = bad. Some within reason and an other wise healthy diet and exercise is just fine.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Don't you tell me what to do. I'm not naked.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    I am just CRACKING up because I looked at your diary, and you have at least one "sweet" a day, whether it be a chocolate protein bar, angel food cake, maple syrup, etc... Hypocritical much?!?!

IIFYM!!!!!

Maybe he was just ranting to himself in public. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Wow someone who wants sweets everyday is as bad as an alcoholic?
    "everyone here is now dumber for having read that, I award you no points..."

You ever known an alcoholic? Lived with one....been one yourself...had your family torn apart by it?
    Yea probably not.

Thanks for this comment. I got told the same thing yesterday about grains. Anyone who makes such claims has never been around a true addict and seen the pain and suffering that addiction causes.

I truly believe the OP was reprimanding himself and has his own issues to deal with.
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Yes i agree but use good old fruit like apple juice other pure fruit to make things sweeter
  • WendyTerry420
    From now on, I am "being douche with everyone."

:laugh: :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    I eat loads of sugar daily and it hasn't prevented me dropping fat. It's just a carb*.

*unless you're diabetic
    Not to worry with enough carbs / sugar Type 2 diabetes is what you have to look forward to. As well as insulin shots, cuts that won’t heal, going blind and if you are lucky you will get a electric wheel chair when they amputate your legs.
    :laugh:
    Who pissed in your corn...wait, they have sugar in them, so obviously you didn't have any this morning.
    My friends father above recently passed away from Type 2. He could not stand in the last family photos they had taken because his legs had been amputated. I can think of at least 6 people who I know or who are part of my family who have it. It is completely controllable and reversible (look up Dr T. Colin Campbell, Dr Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr and Dr.John A. McDougall) by diet but people refuse to open their eye. If you want long term health IT IS about WHAT you eat not just how much you eat.

Eating sugar does not cause diabetes! :noway:

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    In a Word: NO!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Me too...I refuse to give up anything...the end!
    I have sweets every day and had no trouble losing weight.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Jack Lalanne warned us about sugar 60 years ago.
    Watch this, and tell me it's just as relavant today as back then.
    WARNING: it might make you angry, because it exposes the food industry's tendency to demineralize our food while loading up with salt, sugar and fat.

Jack Lalanne - Sugarholics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJVEPB_l8FU
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    This is still going?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    This is still going?

HI! HI HI HI!! :P
  • Linkedkube
    Linkedkube Posts: 53
    I'm going to agree with the OP partially. Unnatural sugars kill, not like street violence kill but coupled with all the other things they put in food today its dangerous if not taken in moderation.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Lets call it what is it.
    We *obviously* should not eat sugar by the tablespoons..... We should be moderate in our decisions, even if it is once a day, that is someones personal decision... If it IS working for them then so be it! Now lets drink and be merry :drinker:
  • Pinkgirl319
    Pinkgirl319 Posts: 80 Member
    You're totally right I think I'm a chocoholic! Although my Great Grandma lived to be 108 and she served oreos with dinner so I'm not too concerned. :wink:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sorry, not going to die without having lived a little.

I am not much of a sweets eater anyways. I crave more of the salt than anything else. That being said, I do have the occasional treat of course!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    this... chocolate every day and diet coke and sweeteners... smash the air force fitness test, enjoy life, happy, come off just fine in my annual medical, low blood pressure and RHR, good phys times and strength....not too bad a shape...