2012 52 5/7 Challenge

Replies

• makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Awe... hate to hear your back is giving you trouble Verda! Take care :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Got me a run in yesterday morning.. trail run... waited a bit too long to get out there... I went around 9:30 and I was dripping just walking out the door :laugh: :laugh: , torched 700 calories though!

I haven't been able to get back and log my stuff and it is making me grumpy... going to try to finish the week out doing that... it's a mini goal! :bigsmile:
  • makeitallsue
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 3/7 this week so far... forgot to post that!
    Tuesday was a swim and a walk during baseball games
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Great run Debra--700 calories, holy cow!!
    Verda, I hope the chiro can help with the back pain. I know you don't like anything to slow you down!

Soooo....this has been a successful week for me so far!!! Yesterday was 2/7 with Zumba and 450 calories burned. It was less than last week because I was tired before I even started class--I was just really dragging yesterday, but I did it so that's what counts! AND I'm 3/7 today with a 2 mile run plus wu/cd walk THIS MORNING!! This is huge for me since it is the first early morning workout I've managed in I can't remember how long. All of the stars aligned perfectly to allow it to happen! I fed Blake at 10 pm when he woke up, hubby got the 1am feed, and then I got up w/ him at 4:45 am. Blake didn't want to go back to sleep after eating, so I decided I might as well go down to the gym and hop on the treadmill and let him sit and watch me in his swing. If he could keep this pattern up I think I can definitely get a couple morning workouts in each week. But I'm counting this as a major success for me!! :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    2/7 yesterday with 3 segments of the firm and 3/7 today with 4 miles total
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Debra, wow I hear ya on being drenched, we had just about 1/2 inch of rain last night and it was sooo steamy this morning when we went out for my 4 mile (plus) speed walk. Good job lady, keep it up! Actually the chiro said my hips were out and i should find some relief with the sciatica after being adjusted and it is definitely better!! I will rock on!!!

Heather, good job!! I :laugh: when you said little Blake sat and watched you in the swing. He gets to Zumba and now he watches mommy run!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Ivy, YOU did AWESOME girl way to go!!!!

My 4/7 was my speed walk this a.m., my JMBR this afternoon and a 11 mile bike ride this evening after it cooled off! It was a hubdres today and tomorrow is to be hotter!:noway: I gotta get after it real early!!
  • vhuber
    GREAT pic Heather! You have shrunk and Blake has GROWN!!! What a dolly!!!!
  • thinktank32k
    thinktank32k Posts: 716
    Today I am 3/7 with some more running. I plan on getting back in the gym sometime next week. I am so busy trying to spend time with my nieces and nephews, as well as husband that the gym seems impossible. Running is easy because I open the door and go.

Heather you are mfp friends with one of my BGR friends.

Everyone have a wonderful week.
  • vhuber
    Just keep running Ayla! That torches alot of calories!!

My 5/7 was 10 miles on my bike in the morn., JMBR workout in the afternoon and a 2.25 mile walk with the furries at 9 p.m.!!! I slpit these up cuz it was 99* today! Town was hotter of course than thee country so I did what I had to do and got back home!!!
  • makeitallsue
    Yes Heather great new pic! Love it!! Beautiful family! Great job getting that fitness in. My oldest grandson used to watch me workout from the swing...:bigsmile: and you know... he asks about working out every time he comes to visit! What a great thing to do for Blake...start him out right!!

Verda.. I feel ya on the heat..we finally got some rain and a little break today... but I think it is too late for the crops... lots of the corn has tasseled...but with no ears on them. I heard this morning that the are predicting..3 more months of warmth...for most of the US... really worried about the farmers. How are your crops looking?

Hey your doing something...thinktank :flowerforyou: , that's all you can do!! Keep it up!!

We won last night... concessions was exhausting! My son hit 2 home runs last night in one game!!! I asked him to save some up... we are playing the next 4 days...:laugh: :laugh: , gosh I hope we do well this tournament!

I might be busy, but will check in when I can... off to wash uniforms again!! :ohwell:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Thanks Verda! We took that pic when the family got together for the weekend before July 4th. Blake is definitely bulking up--he was 13 1/2 pounds at 3 months and I can't wait to see where he is when we go to the pediatrician in a couple weeks! I'm glad that my weight is creeping down as his is going up. I'm about 5 or 6 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight, and about 15 pounds from where I'd like to be.

Aila--you are doing great with all the running! And good for you doing it outdoors. I can't drag my butt out into the heat, and hitting the pavement is a bit hard on the SI joint that I'm favoring.

Keep up the fab work Ivy and Debra! Try to stay cool!

I was 4/7 last night with some yoga. Not exactly a big calorie burner, but if it can help my SI joint so that I can increae my running mileage then I figure it is worth doing! I doubt I'll get a workout in tonight, but I plan to get some weights or a run in tomorrow (or maybe both!) so hopefully I can end the week at 5/7!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • wanna_be_fit
    Heather you are mfp friends with one of my BGR friends.

I meant to ask...what is BGR???
  • vhuber
    Heather, I agree with the running impact on our bodies! It should make us tougher but it sems to make me hurt somewhere!:laugh: You will get it back in shape, be patient!!!

Debra, I sure am glad I do not have to be in a concession stand or play ball in this heat! I USE to do that for years and LOVED it!!!:noway: :laugh: We started harvest early this year. The Winter Wheat crop is doing VERY good and the Spring Wheat is struggling due to lack of rain, we will see when they start cutting it in about 3 weeks!! It is wierd but my son AND my husband are both fighting this allergy/sinus sickness and I am sure it is not all from grain dust cuz my son was sick before they got going! I feel for them cuz it's hot as hell and the grain dust is sooooo annoying anyways! They are the truckers (along with another) while we have other family members running 2 LARGE combines! It is quite an opperation, they farm around 6000 acres so with good weather it takes around 1 month to seed and 1 month to harvest!!! When we had less acreage, small regular farm trucks and smaller combines I was the trucker! I had my @ss run off most days! I took my boys with me in the truck (listened to them complain about how hot it was & bicker at each other) and still did the gardening, cooking, cleaning and laundry!!! I look back at my life and I was AMAZING, how did I do it? I don't know, exhaust's me just thinking about it!:laugh: :laugh: This is why I say you remind me of myself 10 yrs ago!!!!

I am taking a rest day tomorrow so I am closing this week with a 6/7. I rode 16 miles and walked about 1!

Have a great weekend everybody!!!!
  • ivykivy
    4/7 yesterday with 1.5 miles track treadmill.

Heather Blake has really grown. It doesn't seem it's been that long.
    Debra Congrats on the win
    Aila you are a trooper running in this heat.
    Verda Farming is exercise in itself. Do you walk the entire field everyday? That has to be some mileage.
  • wanna_be_fit
    Happy Saturday all! Verda--that farming sounds exhausting!!! I am not a huge fan of outdoor work, too wimpy for that! Our house is only on about 3/4 of an acre and it takes hubby about 4 hours to mow and weed eat everything--I can't even imagine hundreds of acres!

Great job ladies keeping up the workouts. I am actually 5/7 today with a 1 mile warmup run and 30 minutes of weights. Felt great running, minimal pain, but after my workout was over I noticed that it was s little sore. I think that I'll do the yoga tomorrow morning and then try to run a few miles once I'm nice and stretched out.

Have a fabulous day!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    I guess everyone is having a busy weekend!! I'm 1/7 today with 3 mile treadmill run @ 6mph plus wu/cd walk. I did 30 minutes of my yoga DVD. The one I chose this time focused on hips/low back/pelvis, and it really helped my run--I barely felt that nagging pain in my SI joint the entire time!! I'm definitely going to be keeping this yoga up and I'm hopeful that I can get my mileage back up. Gonna take it slow though so I don't further injure myself.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Sunday! I'm off to get my eyebrows threaded and then to get a pedicure--should be relaxing!!
  • ivykivy
    5/7 yesterday with aerobics and 22 min on treadmill.
  • vhuber
    Way to go IVY and yes farm life is a fitness routine, anyways that is what the DH says when I want him to workout with me!!!:wink:

Heather I am soo glad the yoga is helping your SI joint, soon you will be in top performance!!! By the way what is eyebrow THREADING? Heard pf waxing or plucking before but not threading! I heard you can have threading done on forheads for face lifting but not brow!!!:laugh: :laugh:

My 1/7 was 10 miles on my bike in the a.m., JMBR workout in the afternoon and a 4mile walk with the furries tonite right before dark!
  • makeitallsue
    Exhausted!! BUt we came in as a runner up in this tournament. New profile pic is of the boys...except my husband is not in it... I hate that he hates the camera! My son is the one in the back row without a hat on. He pitched his heart out the second game on Sunday against a very good team from Indy. ( remember we are a little rural farm town, so playing a town from our state's capitol and winning the game was amazing!) He pitched great!
    The Championship game...we just ran out of pitching and could not get a hit to save our lives... ones of those deals... we just always hit it right to someone! Still very proud of these boys!
    One more week ladies and baseball is over, we are off to the World Series this Thursday!

I will catch up with posts when I have woke up a bit... I am very fuzzy this morning......

Have a great week everyone, yeah... it is raining here a bit!
  • wanna_be_fit

Heather I am soo glad the yoga is helping your SI joint, soon you will be in top performance!!! By the way what is eyebrow THREADING? Heard pf waxing or plucking before but not threading! I heard you can have threading done on forheads for face lifting but not brow!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Yep, you can get your eyebrows threaded. This was my first experience--I normally have them waxed, but I bought a groupon for $5 to have it done so I figured I'd give it a try. I don't know how they do it, but using a couple threads they are able to shape/pluck your eyebrows. It was really pretty cool, and they turned out better than with waxing. I will definitely be doing that again!

Not sure if I'll be able to get a workout in tonight, but I'm planning to Zumba tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good Monday! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    1/7 21 min on the treadmill so far

Congrats on the tourney win Debra
    Heather glad the hip is feeling better.

Have a good evening.