Please help me pick dinner

I'm meeting up with some old co-workers tonight for dinner and I've been scouring the menu for the last 15 minutes and I can't seem to find anything on here to eat. I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get to the gym tonight either, and i really don't want today to be a cheat day. I'm really feeling stressed out because I can't find anything to eat on this menu.

After breakfast and lunch I will have 845 cals left for the day.

Can someone suggest something for me to order, please?

http://www.palomino.com/menu.php?cook=1&locations=Seattle

Thank you so much.

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    I'm meeting up with some old co-workers tonight for dinner and I've been scouring the menu for the last 15 minutes and I can't seem to find anything on here to eat. I don't think I'm going to have enough time to get to the gym tonight either, and i really don't want today to be a cheat day. I'm really feeling stressed out because I can't find anything to eat on this menu.

After breakfast and lunch I will have 845 cals left for the day.

Can someone suggest something for me to order, please?

http://www.palomino.com/menu.php?cook=1&locations=Seattle

Thank you so much.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    DROOL!!!

The rotisserie chicken doesn't look like it has a gravy added, that would probably be safe. That said, I'd order the cedar wrapped salmon. YUM!!

If you order the salmon, know that it's higher in sodium so have some extra water. :smile:
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    I too would do the cedar wrapped salmon - or go for the seafood louie salad, but trade the dressing for the balsamic vinaigrette - or the Grilled Chicken Salad with Warm Pecan-Crusted Blue - I sure wish I was going!!!!!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    maybe the chicken marsala, Bouillabaisse à la Provençal, paella, Baked Sea Bass in Clay Pot or the cedar wrapped salmon. i think pretty all of these should come in at under 845 cals. especially the seafood choices.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Hmmm....a few options.

Salads are always an option.
    Broth based soups aren't too horrible. (Tuscan Minestrone)
    Salmon is always lovely (just higher good fat)
    Also, I know of some people (myself included) who order an appetizer as a meal (I didn't see many that one would enjoy solely as a meal though).
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Another thought..

Although restaurant's won't advertise this on their menu, a lot of places if you ask will do a 1/2 order of a entree. :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I would go or either the Minestrone Soup or one of those 2 lighter salads as a starter (either baby field greens or baby arugula)

And then the Baked Sea Bass in the Clay Pot or the Filet Mignon (that is a very lean cut of beef!!)....just try to avoid eating too much of the stuff that comes with it!!

Enjoy!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    um I'm too hungry to answer this...it would be ugly...very ugly if I did right now...let me eat and come back to it LOL...its like shopping hungry...BAD!

hugs!
    ali
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    the rotisserie chicken pizza without the cheese
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    the rotisserie chicken pizza without the cheese
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    One of the mantras in Steve Gullo's excellent book, "Thin Tastes Better," is "Fish and vegetables are the Concorde to weight loss." Another is "White and green are the colors of weight loss: white is light and green is lean."

It's a little corny, but it's true. The best meals you can eat are generally fish (or skinless chicken) with green vegetables (ideally prepared without butter or oil).

So any of the "Fresh Fish" entrees are good. Substitute the orzo or risotto with extra green vegetables(looks like asparagus is their side of choice), and you're golden.

If you don't eat fish, order chicken (rotisserie, picatta or marsala). Ask them to prepare it WITH NO BREADING. Hold the pancetta, potatoes, and capellini and get green vegetables instead.

STAY AWAY FROM: anything pecan encrusted, especially nuts and cheese together - they are a fat and calorie bomb. Hold the cheese on any salad, and you'll save at least 200 calories. Also, avoid the bread basket, order a tall glass of sparkling water and drink that while you wait for your food. Try to say "no thank you" to fried appetizers. It's hard, but it makes a difference and it's impressive!

(If you're afraid that you'll get hungry before your entree arrives, try eating a snack of vegetables before dinner.)

And don't be afraid to make special requests about breading, vegetables, etc. If anything, your dinner companions will be impressed by how confident and conscientious you are. They're probably wishing that they had the will power and guts to do the same thing.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    um I'm too hungry to answer this...it would be ugly...very ugly if I did right now...let me eat and come back to it LOL...its like shopping hungry...BAD!

hugs!
    ali

You're funny!! My mouth was watering too!!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Thanks for your help everyone!

I think I'm going to get the seafood louie salad, but without salmon (maybe sub shrimp?) and without dressing, but I'll have lemon to squeeze on the salad.

I'm thinking this is about 450 cals? Does that seem about right?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    You'd be better off getting salmon than shrimp. Salmon has healthy Omega-3 fats, whereas shrimp is chock-full of cholesterol. Good choice, nonetheless.