Stop eating so much sugar

Replies

• hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Don't you tell me what to do. I'm not naked.

:laugh:
    Thank you for that.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    this... chocolate every day and diet coke and sweeteners... smash the air force fitness test, enjoy life, happy, come off just fine in my annual medical, low blood pressure and RHR, good phys times and strength....not too bad a shape...

Good luck with your diabetes.

notsrs.
  • I agree. I am going to eat desserts and drink wine (in moderation of course) when I feel like I can afford it, not based on someone's ideas about no carbs or whatever. Do you!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Sweets aside, it's so hard to stay within sugar macros. I find after having a bowl of cereal (freakin Cheerios) with some milk my sugar for the day is mostly eaten. It's in EVERYTHING!! :(
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    in on roll bread
  • Not giving up my sweet iced tea (sweetened with Stevia) or my mint ice cream. No, no, nope!
    Look how much weight I've lost, even when I have the occasional bowl here and there.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Sweets aside, it's so hard to stay within sugar macros. I find after having a bowl of cereal (freakin Cheerios) with some milk my sugar for the day is mostly eaten. It's in EVERYTHING!! :(

Yup. I discovered this on my first day of logging (with Kashi cereal). Which is why its so important to be logging here.
    You don't realize how much sugar (and sodium) you are consuming.
    I now have unsweetened almond milk w/ my cereal (which I eat a lot less now).
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh :bigsmile:

The only reason i eat my main meal is for my dessert and from the look of my ticker I'm doing just fine thank you!
    You give up sugar by all means - dont try and tell me what my diet can look like!
    If I want to eat 1500cals of chocolate every day along with my water and get all spotty and skinny fat I will and it's absolutely NOTHING to do with you!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    I might as well as roll over & die now without sugar or chocolate. Realistically speaking anyone who says they quit sugar will eventually crave it and eat lots of it. I cant go a whole day without eating some sort of sweet. I just cant, so I fit in into my macros & calories. I know I could eat something more satisfying than sweets because its wasted calories but truthfully I don't care. I want my dessert at the end of the night when the kids go to bed. Yup, guilty pleasure for me. I enjoy it and there is nobody taking that away from me as long as I limit myself. :)
  • Hmmmm... Says the man who should be taking in more protein and fiber. o_O
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    I know most people will say this is stupid, but I am a firm believer that sweeteners are worse for you, Your body works better with things that it is familiar with, sugar from the cane is fine.... in moderation. So many things have sugar in it though that sometimes I'm not even aware of it. I usually go over my sugar intake. Mostly because of my creamer in the morning and sometimes I eat a yogurt which is full of sugar. But I try not to eat it deliberately, like doughnuts or candy. Also, my family has a history of Diabetes, both types. So I won't take any chances. I've had blood work done and I'm fine, I'm low in Sodium but that is it :) I think the "need" for sugar in the diet has contributed to many Americans' struggle with Diabetes. One may think, oh it's only once in a while it won't make a big difference..... Once in a while over a long while will result in health problems, may not make you fat, but you can have problems still. You can eat sugar and still lose weight, no doubt about it. But are you putting your overall health in jeopardy? Yeah, I love ice cream, but I don't eat it any more because I care more about my OVER ALL HEALTH.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    How about MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS??
  • akaOtherWise
    akaOtherWise Posts: 110 Member
    No matter what you do, you're going to die in the end. Why not enjoy your life. If you are active, working out and not obese, eat some sugar.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    My favorite mentality is that artificial sweeteners are bad for you because some scary chemist made them, but medicine is great and can save your life (because some genius chemist made them?).
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    This entire thread cracked me up. I can't quote my favorite responses, because there are just too many of them. I just have to say, I love you people.

Personally, I eat sweet stuff every day. I've dropped from a size 10-12 to a size 4-6, as well as gaining some muscle and strength. I eat dark chocolate, but I also eat posicles (gasp! shock!) and ice cream with actual sugar in it (double gasp!!) and the dreaded artificial sweeteners in the form of a Coke Zero every now and then, because damn that stuff is tasty.

All things in moderation. If you're trying to make a permanent lifestyle change instead of crash dieting, the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself is give up all the things you love. You'll quit in no time.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    ANmNOmNOMNomNOMNOMnomnOMONOMm SUGAR
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    Jules, that avatar is hideously delightful!! :flowerforyou:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    mmmmmmm....sugar! :love:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Jules, that avatar is hideously delightful!! :flowerforyou: