Eatting back calories

Hi
A quick ? for anyone who can help,
Im eating 1300cal per day and running 5 days a week burning 300cals taking me below recommended 1200cal, days I run do I needto eat those calories back, bit confused as I actually put on. 1lb this week!

Help, please feel free to add and help kick my butt on those low days!

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Yes, you should eat back at least some of those, to fuel your activity.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    yes, eat them. Your deficit is already worked into you calorie goal. Too big of a deficit doesn't necessary equal losing weight faster.
  • sjc1978
    sjc1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you both, thought I should but didnt want to incase it had a negative effect
  • I'm having the same issue. The problem is I eat until I'm full. I've tried to keep eating to get the calories in but I can't do it. I enjoy working out and that calories I'm burning is putting me four to six hundred below my daily recommended intake. I've read studies that say, eat until you are full but MFP says that I'm putting my body in starvation mode....
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Hi
    A quick ? for anyone who can help,
    Im eating 1300cal per day and running 5 days a week burning 300cals taking me below recommended 1200cal, days I run do I needto eat those calories back, bit confused as I actually put on. 1lb this week!

Help, please feel free to add and help kick my butt on those low days!

So you should be netting 1800 daily.
    If you arent losing much fat then drop cardio to only 3 days and you should start losing then.
    I'm having the same issue. The problem is I eat until I'm full. I've tried to keep eating to get the calories in but I can't do it. I enjoy working out and that calories I'm burning is putting me four to six hundred below my daily recommended intake. I've read studies that say, eat until you are full but MFP says that I'm putting my body in starvation mode....

Eat at an 80/20 ratio.

Thats 80% whole foods and 20% junk.
    As long as you are in a deficit you can lose weight eating anything.

Pizza
    Cheeseburgers
    Hohos and twinkies
  • rwwerner
    rwwerner Posts: 42 Member
    You might try raising your calorie goal closer to 1800 calories and not eat back your exercise calories. If you are eating "real" food and not the "processed" food you will not want to eat the exercise calories back because it is difficult to eat more than 2000 calories of unprocessed food. In my opinion 1300 calories is way to little and you can easily plateau eating that little. I have lost 79 lbs in 8 months eating real food using the 80/20 rule and eating over 2000 calories per day just by changing my food choices and walking 4 or 5 days per week. Again this is only my opinion based on my experience and what I have read.
  • sjc1978
    sjc1978 Posts: 7 Member
    Does everyone think 1300 is to low then?

May try eating back just half and see how I go, Im not very good at sticking to any other exercise other than running but stomach area is my main problem area after 4 big bundles of joy so any tips hints would be greatly appreciated.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    I definitely agree to eat back your calories. Your body needs the calories to fuel itself for basic operation. I run, bike, and swim, and eat back most of my calories and continue to be successful at losing weight. If you are gaining weight, try eating more....obviously healthy choices. Good luck!!