Any volunteers to compile an MFP User Manual?

I saw a lot of members willing to contribute their talents and time to an "MFP Magazine," perhaps a fun idea that Mike can consider. In the mean time, new members will benefit tremendously if we have an "MFP User Manual." Any volunteers out there willing to compile a manual?

Replies

• sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    I saw a lot of members willing to contribute their talents and time to an "MFP Magazine," perhaps a fun idea that Mike can consider. In the mean time, new members will benefit tremendously if we have an "MFP User Manual." Any volunteers out there willing to compile a manual?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    The magazine idea was for average people not necessarily trying to get the body of those people in the fitness magazines. I wasn't going to do it for free, nor donate my time - I was looking at it as a business opportunity.

It wasn't meant to be an "MFP" magazine at all. It just happens there are alot of talented people here. One of the things I am having to think about with this idea is how to pay for it - we were talking about a real paper magazine, not online. At this point I have found there are already tons of magazines that already do this type of thing, and don't think it will get anywhere unless I can think of a particular "Branding" or "hook" with a novel business plan.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Hi Sanlin! Those who offer cool suggestions are also great at volunteering for their own ideas. Sounds good. Go for it! hee hee hee Sorry, just being an obnoxious brat. :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Yep, I learned not to come up with any good ideas at my last job. That was after I "volunteered" myself a few times by coming up with good ideas.

I kept hearing "Good Idea,Cheryl. Make it so." :ohwell:
  • redalee
    CM, I was going to ask you, is that a bunny or a cat playing the guitar? Whatever it is, it's very cute!
  • cmriverside
    It's a widdle kitten.

I've been rockin' out to Led Zepplin at the gym this week- and I do a lot of foster care for kittens. None right now. Not missing them, either.
  • redalee
    Is it the hanging from the curtains that did you in? Or are you actually missing them and being tough? lol:laugh:
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    redalee and Cheryl:
    You guys are funny :smile:

My bright idea came up when I saw all those people in the know about MFP and fitness in general, WITH talents and enthusiasm. Unfortunately, I do that fit that category.

I think I'll keep quiet now,
    San
  • redalee
    Hey San! Don't keep quiet! I'm sure people think I'm a little odd with some of my comments, I just keep making them because that's who I am. Have fun with this site and don't worry about anything. A kuna matada (is that how you spell it?) hee hee No worries that's my philosophy - life is short, and gets shorter as you go along, so have fun!:bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    Is it the hanging from the curtains that did you in? Or are you actually missing them and being tough? lol:laugh:

It is the one bedroom condo with three adult cats leaving only the bathroom for an overnight home for "I - can - pee/poo - anywhere - I - want - kittens."

There is no worse smell first thing in the morning than kitten poo. :noway: (usually all over the place, hence the "washable" room.") And they come in litters - not just one at a time. First time out I got six kittens. arrrgh.

cm