How did you do it? Tips?!

So I have lost about 45lb since starting MFP. I am trying to shake things up and lose the rest of the weight I need to lose! I know there is no "one-size-fits-all" way to lose weight, but I would love to hear how you lost your weight and what some of your most important tips are! Thanks guys!

Replies

• elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    For Real? No tips, lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    tell us what you do now, and we'll tell you how to mix it up....
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    For me, regular consistent exercise and portion control. I swutch up my workout days and do different exercises to keep my body guessing.I drink water and unsweetened green tea and eat as clean as possible.
  • elle18287

Well I lost my 45 lb by workout pretty regularly, say 5 times a week, walking, running, 30DS, etc. and eating around 1400 cals.
    I fell off the wagon, but didn't gain much weight back.
    I came back eating around 1300 cals and working out almost everyday, running, aerobics, weight training.
    I am now trying to eat clean at 1200, but not working out much because I have been a little sick.

I am just looking for your best tips as a motivator!
  • elle18287
    For me, regular consistent exercise and portion control. I swutch up my workout days and do different exercises to keep my body guessing.I drink water and unsweetened green tea and eat as clean as possible.

Thanks! What kind of exercise do you so?
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    The classes at LA Fitness are at no additional cost to its members. I try to sample a wide variety of them so I never get bored with my workouts. Spin classes, Boot Camp conditioning, and a total-body class that is run in P90X format. Other than that I enjoy taking walks with my sister and nephew, swimming, or playing dance-sim games (like Dance Dance Revolution) with my friends.
  • elle18287
    The classes at LA Fitness are at no additional cost to its members. I try to sample a wide variety of them so I never get bored with my workouts. Spin classes, Boot Camp conditioning, and a total-body class that is run in P90X format. Other than that I enjoy taking walks with my sister and nephew, swimming, or playing dance-sim games (like Dance Dance Revolution) with my friends.

Awesome MSimm! Thanks for your response!
  • Chantal34

Thanks! What kind of exercise do you so?

Cardio: elliptical, treadmill( walking at 4.0 at 15 incline, then running at 7.0 on 1 incline then back again to 4.0) jump rope, mountain climbers, burpees, jumping jacks

Strength training: walking / stationary lunges, squats, planks, barbell squats, etc....there's a lot, lol

The key is to mix it up
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Stay busy and vary your workouts!! I stayed motivated because the more I lost and then the more toned I got the sexier I felt!! I didn't think my body could get lean and toned like it is now, very exciting!! I also hear the ladies at work all talking about how fat they feel and yet they never exercise...I feel so young to be able to do the things I do. I guess what I am trying to say is the motivation comes by seeing how well your own body responds to being HEALTHY!!!!! Stick with it and good luck!!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    I take a zumba class 3-4xs a week and do an hour on the elliptical on the fat burn setting 2-3xs a week. I eat alot of clean foods and subbed my lunch at work with a spinach salad. zumba.has really helped with my toning but I'm always looking for more! :) you can check out my diary as I'm eating 1200/day. Oh and I am at the gym for sn hour 5-6 days a week.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    I started by lifting weights and walking on the treadmill/riding a bike for 60 minutes every day. I got bored after six mons and now i go to body pump and body combat classes by the les mills group. If you getbored just join any class you like at the gym. For as long as you're moving and rising your heart rate you'll be doing something good.
    Try not to change all your habits at once, the changes have to be slow to be consistent in time.
    Portion control and eating lean is a must but choose a day per week to eat something you love regardless of the calories or fat content :)
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member

Well I lost my 45 lb by workout pretty regularly, say 5 times a week, walking, running, 30DS, etc. and eating around 1400 cals.
    I fell off the wagon, but didn't gain much weight back.
    I came back eating around 1300 cals and working out almost everyday, running, aerobics, weight training.
    I am now trying to eat clean at 1200, but not working out much because I have been a little sick.

I am just looking for your best tips as a motivator!

If eating 1400 worked for you, I see no need to eat below that. Why make yourself suffer by eating in a way that is also unsustainable long term?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I eat my BMR (1500) plus calories burned and try to shoot for at least 100g of protein daily. If I go over my caloires a bit now and then, no big deal... I refuse to deprive myself because that's what made me fail in the past so nothing is off limits - pizza, chocolate, etc. I'd rather be a happy foodie and have this process take years than be miserable trying to survive on salads and tasteless diet food.

As far as activity, I pretty much do whatever makes me happy that day. The weather's been gorgeous lately so that's mostly been walking and running. Starting tomorrow, we're in for a rainy stretch so I'll probably do some strength training or a Jillian video and hit the elliptical or stairmill.
  • Chantal34
    Stay busy and vary your workouts!! I stayed motivated because the more I lost and then the more toned I got the sexier I felt!! I didn't think my body could get lean and toned like it is now, very exciting!! I also hear the ladies at work all talking about how fat they feel and yet they never exercise...I feel so young to be able to do the things I do. I guess what I am trying to say is the motivation comes by seeing how well your own body responds to being HEALTHY!!!!! Stick with it and good luck!!

Especially this.