My Pants Are Annoying Me!

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Find a tailor or someone who sews. It's easy to take in pants a wee bit.
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I was just complaining about this today. All my shorts look ridiculous on me right now. I have no choice but to wear a belt and the extra fabric bunches up and looks really weird. But, as others have said, it's kind of a good feeling too. :) My 18 year old came home from a trip to Walmart the other day and was really excited to have found $2 sweatpants on a clearance rack. She bought me a pair in size Large. I felt really sad that she bought me something that would be way too small. She kept encouraging me to try them on because she was sure they would fit. I finally said, "fine, I'll try them on." They fit. I couldn't believe it. The last pair of sweat pants I bought were size 2x.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I hear you loudly. I hate how belts make a crinkle pleat and makes the pants look baggy anyway. I've bought cheap pants from the equivalent of Walmart until I get to my goal cause working in an office i wear suits and at $500 a pop plus hemming, it adds up. I also hae those elastic type trousers but the elastic is hidden in the waste band so they don;t look so much like track pants.

The joys of getting into shape eh. Enjoy the end result :o)
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Oh buddy...

You don't even want to know how much I have spent in pants alone since I started losing weight!!! Also new exercise clothing.

Also new bras!!! Ack! I hate changing bra sizes moreso than pant sizes!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    When I started this quest I was wearing size 40 pants and they were kinda snug. The past few weeks I have been wearing size 38 pants. Now the 38 is falling down.

Having to keep pulling up my pants is really, really annoying. At the same time, as annoying as it is, it also makes me smile a little. Just a little, it's still really annoying.

Just buy smaller pants you say? Yeah, well, that starts adding up to real money pretty quickly ya know. I've only had the ones that are falling down today for a couple of weeks for crying out loud. I haven't got my money's worth out them yet (I hate wearing cheap clothing).

I'm thinking that, until I get down to my goal weight, I'm going to have to start buying those pants with the stretchy waistbands so I can wear them for a while.

Anyway, thanks MFP and FitBit, this stuff actually works!

buy a new belt instead of pants ;) it'll stick with ya longer, n gotta say pants falling off sounds like a pretty good reason to complain, but good in general as well. Way to go!
    Also.. my fiance gets pants that have a couple of buttons inside them.. it's kinda like the kids adjustable waistbands.. might look for those next time u get pants, may stick with u a little longer lol
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What you don't spend at McDonalds anymore, you can keep aside for new clothes, haha =]

Every time I think of getting fast food I put $20 in to my savings =]
  • kjones_87
    kjones_87 Posts: 2
    Options
    Been there! Its super annoying to have to pull up your pants all the time. But it's so rewarding when you can go try on a smaller size that never would have fit before. I second what people have already said and go the Goodwill route till you can reach your goal. I've found some really nice pants there recently. Name brand and everything, and they didn't cost me more than $10 a pair. Worth the trip if they have what you like!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    ...suspenders??

Yeah, I like to wear suspenders when I'm wearing long pants, but this time of year I tend to wear shorts a lot and suspenders just look d@mn silly with shorts :laugh:
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Don't forget to buy underwear! I always forget to buy the underwear...

Yeah, that's the other problem I am having right now. :embarassed:
  • gpstrucker
    Options

Lol...and yet, in your profile picture I see...gasp!...suspenders! Or were you wearing two shoulder holsters?:devil:

Yeah, for wearing long pants. See previous comment re: shorts. :laugh:
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Oh buddy...

You don't even want to know how much I have spent in pants alone since I started losing weight!!! Also new exercise clothing.

Also new bras!!! Ack! I hate changing bra sizes moreso than pant sizes!

Yeah, I hate buying new bras :huh:
  • Flavia24
    Flavia24 Posts: 12
    Options
    how about a lovely belt :)
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    What you don't spend at McDonalds anymore, you can keep aside for new clothes, haha =]

Every time I think of getting fast food I put $20 in to my savings =]

I'm happy to say I never ate at Mc Nasty's. :smokin:
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    I may check out Goodwill if I can find one that I can park my truck close enough to walk there.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I hate paying for all the new bra's my wife needs (she's lost 51 lbs.) ...LOL.
    Apparently you can't buy those used...or shouldn't.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I can understand how that can be annoying, but in all honesty, EMBRACE IT! Stop complaining and be proud when you donate/sell your "too big to wear clothes"!!!!

I only wish I can get there sooner!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I may check out Goodwill if I can find one that I can park my truck close enough to walk there.

My 3 high school boys are all going through growth spurts... I am buying new wardrobes at Goodwill every few months...LOL
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Buy a belt?
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options

My 3 high school boys are all going through growth spurts... I am buying new wardrobes at Goodwill every few months...LOL

All the shorts and pants I bought in the last four or six months have been from Goodwill.

When I level off, I will resume shopping at Wal-mart and Target. LOL

By the way, went from darn-near 40 down to 32.
  • gpstrucker
    Options
    Buy a belt?

Done that, see previous replies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!