Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

MFP Premium

2»

Replies

• wedgeexwedgeex Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    It's always funny to me to see people complain about a free service.

Usually only when the features were free for a long while and then suddenly cost $10 a month.

• dmpettitdmpettit Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I could understand doing a one-time fee to be able to adjust your macros by grams (not just calorie %s), but to have to pay $10/month for that extra feature (it's literally the ONLY part of premium I am interested in), seems ridiculous for me to do. You might think about having the option to change to grams available seperately (that way the IIFYM followers are satisfied and you still make money off us) as well as in the premium bundle (for those who want the entire package options). I would certainly pay once for it, but I will not pay $10/month (or $50/year).
  • joshuaFR22joshuaFR22 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Agree with pretty much everyone here. Only one feature I'm interested in is this option and it's nuts to pay a recurring $10/month or $50 yearly fee for that. I have no idea where you guys get your price points, but that's way too high.
  • tinakegleytinakegley Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    Way too much money just to be able to customize macros. Can't afford it. Looking for a new app.
    Customizing the macros is the only thing I would use. There is no reason to charge for such a simple fix. And I do support the sponsors.
  • johntran228johntran228 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    $10month and $50yr. !?!?!?! wtf!??!?!? c'mon maaan.. charge us 1 time fee.
    edited August 2015
  • Pjames95Pjames95 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    Shame they'll be charging for what's an essential feature for a lot of people. I like the social aspect of MFP, but I'll be leaving for another app when I can't change my macros anymore.
    edited August 2015
  • razorr69razorr69 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    This is ridiculous 10$ per moth to be able to change my macros not worth it at all looking for alternatives if anyone has any please share
  • nichvr01nichvr01 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I agree with EVERYONE else here! I switched the MyMacros+ because MFP SUCKS now that I have to pay for a feature that used to be free. MFP, you suck!
  • monster_inacupmonster_inacup Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Steven wrote: »
    As part of preparing to offer a native Premium version of the macros-by-gram feature, we revised the layout of our Goals pages. This re-design broke the assumptions expected by a popular third-party extension (used by many IIFYM members) that also provides a goals-by-gram solution. While we’ve never actively supported such customizations, it was not our intent for Premium to eliminate any existing aftermarket improvements. In fact some reports indicate that the bookmarklet is working as expected again. (Please note the possibility that future security enhancements may make plug-ins like this untenable down the road).

Translation: we deliberately broke this and want you to pay a small fortune for it.

If it actually was not your intent to stop people doing this, you would just add macros adjustments in grams as standard.

You expect people in the uk to pay £8 a month just so they can do something which should be a standard feature?
    Thats more than netflix...
  • camiballengercamiballenger Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Do you like the "MyNetDiary Pro" as well as MFP, other than the gram problem?
    misskym wrote: »
    I think the cost is ridiculous. I could easily purchase the MyNetDiary Pro app on my iPhone for a one time fee of 3.99 and receive the capability to personalize my macros. The premium "upgrades" are not worth $10/mo. It's disappointing. Quite honestly, we have lived with ads for years now. I don't care if they are there or not, so an "ad-free experience" doesn't appeal to me, especially when the cost is so high.

A one-time upgrade fee of a reasonable price to have the capability to personalize macros would be welcomed.

• camiballengercamiballenger Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I agree with everyone here too. Were there even ads? lol Has everyone not already evolved enough to completely disregard ads? Not worth freaking ten bucks a month just to be able to track your macro's in grams. @Steven, does MFP realize there are other FREE or for a small one time fee of $3.99 macro tracking apps available out there that they're losing business to? I would like to stay with MFP, but when I started my new IIFYM plan, I immediately went to my MFP app like my trainer suggested and found this is no longer an option unless I fork over the money. The trainer is looking into other apps too. Just a bummer that such a great app might no longer be an option for many.
  • djmagicbdjmagicb Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    The premium features are ridiculously expensive . I actually stopped using the IOS version. I'd like to be able to install the old version back, but unfortunately cannot.
  • kmacandiekmacandie Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    App deleted.
  • _HunterKiller__HunterKiller_ Posts: 559Member Member Posts: 559Member Member
    Its not worth it. Put the money towards food or supplements instead.
  • yirarayirara Posts: 3,959Member Member Posts: 3,959Member Member
    Is scanning barcodes wit the ios app also a premium feature now? Since updating the app not too long ago it's not working anymore.