2014/5 WS-Cross Challenge Discussion/Signup

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
edited October 2014 in Social Groups
Okay - one for the 'cross bike owners.

Two ways to score here

- one is to post the strava from your cross race. 1 point for each race.

- other one, is for the non-competitive off-road riders. This gets a little more involved, but basically cyclocross in my era was always based on "a hour plus a lap" (though I understand that some of the racing these days is somewhat shortened owing to minimal attention spans of the onlookers). But, sod that - it's a challenge, so, to score 1 point, your ride needs to be of 1 hour or more duration, and either be a loop, or contain at least one discernable loop (riding a full lap around a traffic roundabout doesn't count) and contain a "substantial" amount of riding on non-tarmac surfaces (so either unmetalled/dirt roads Gravel, canal towpaths, pave, bridleways, sustrans cycleroutes, singletrack or other trails.)

Good Luck Folks, stay safe, and keep the (knobbly) rubber side down.

Oh, and as always, all banter in here, keep the Logging thread clear for only logging entries.

Replies

• phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This looks like the perfect challenge for me and my knob tires. :D Do we post our strava for non-competitive off road rides too, and if we ride two hours, does that equal two points? Also, I didn't notice or read an end date for the challenge.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    One point per hour, yeah - though of course each hour has to have a loop in it...that's where the strava comes in obviously. Challenge ends 23:55 on the 28th February, but keep a track of your points on a month by month basis.
  • phytogurl
    Options
    So to use your latest ride as an example; if you had a 2 hr moving time would you have earned 2 points or just the 1 point since you had 1 loop? Where as, if you rode 2 hrs + 2 loops = 2 pts? Sorry to make it more complicated than it is, but this is new to me.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    yep - another 41 seconds and as there are 3 loops on the ride, it'd have qualified as 2 points.
  • phytogurl
    Options
    ^^So close! Thanks TBY.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to sign up for this?
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Never too late, it's running the whole of winter mate :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Just a quick Heads up folks - Winter Omnium finishes 28th February, less than 2 weeks from Now... I'm going to un-sticky all the individual threads and leave this one in-situ, because I really aught to get to start up the Classics Challenge Signup thread sometime soon...