Instantgram/Facebook account calling out men on online dating sites

Options
lacroyx
lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
"An Instagram account called Bye Felipe is the best new place to share the absurd messages every woman who has ever online dated has received.

Alexandra Tweten, an operations coordinator in Los Angeles, started the account after realizing how many women -- herself included -- receive aggressive or threatening messages, often in very graphic terms, from men they aren't interested in on online dating sites.

"I realized these hostile messages were a trend that women see online," Tweten told The Huffington Post in an email. "That started a conversation about creating an Instagram to keep all of these insane messages so we could discuss them. All women get some degree of creepy or weird messages when they sign up for online dating sites."

10727359_1489913297929339_1320542598_n.jpg
bcafaa347.png

I'm not doing any online dating at the moment but some of these men boys really don't take rejection very well :)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialbyefelipe
Instantgram: http://instagram.com/byefelipe

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    It is kind of like the cat calling things going around lately.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Note to check this out when I start online dating...or not? I'll figure it out in January or so.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Great to be calling them out. Some people can be really offensive online. I mean, we see it in the forums on here, let alone on dating sites. It anonymous bravado! I dont think these people would be anywhere as insulting in real life.....
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Ok just followed them.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    So, I'm curios. . .how common is this kind of vitriol from a guy? Is this the norm or are most guys either silent ( or at least not nasty)? What's the usual reaction you get from guys that you ignore or blow-off on a dating site?
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I usually get " I guess you didn't like what you saw or read in my profile, I'm sorry if I bothered you"
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    So, I'm curios. . .how common is this kind of vitriol from a guy? Is this the norm or are most guys either silent ( or at least not nasty)? What's the usual reaction you get from guys that you ignore or blow-off on a dating site?

Nah, it's not common, but it happens, not all men are sore losers........trolls, I expect *shrug

• Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I got one guy .. who emailed me .. he was 23 years old .. I am 42. He lived 2 hours away from me. I didn't respond. He then messages:

Hey. Guess you don't want to talk to me. I really like the Steelers and want to chat.

Next day: What .. don't believe me? I then respond .. no, lol. It has nothing to do with that. You are 23 and I am 42. Good luck to you tho!

Next day: Age is nothing. I like older chicks. They no stuff. (um, yes that is how it was spelled) I respond .. um, you live 2 hours away from me, are 23 and have no car. No thanks.

Next day: didn't want to date you anyway .. just thought you had nice tits.

:|
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options
    LOL! good bootie call! bahahahahaha!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Next day: didn't want to date you anyway .. just thought you had nice tits.

:|

cheeky bugga! :#
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    <deleted my comments>
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

I've only had two guys be hostile - one was travelling here for a week and clearly looking for a hookup so I wrote back and told him to post on Craigslist Casual Encounters and he was sooooo offended at my unfair assumption lol.

The other was a very religious guy, who clearly didn't read my profile, and when I wrote back saying I don't date religious people he let LOOSE on me.

Other than that people are usually cool with being ignored. At least guys are, I think because they have to deal with it on the regular since they usually have to be the one to make a move.

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Other than that people are usually cool with being ignored. At least guys are, I think because they have to deal with it on the regular since they usually have to be the one to make a move.

To clarify, we aren't 'cool' with being ignored, it sucks!. . but it's the way things are done and I've done it myself (and felt like a heel for it every time), so it's just part of the game. But I'm not someone who lashes out. I don't do the "I guess you didn't like me" guilt trip either. . on what planet does that work!?
  • sweetcurlz67
    Options

To clarify, we aren't 'cool' with being ignored, it sucks!. . but it's the way things are done and I've done it myself (and felt like a heel for it every time), so it's just part of the game. But I'm not someone who lashes out. I don't do the "I guess you didn't like me" guilt trip either. . on what planet does that work!?

When I first started the online thing, I didn't ignore. Guys were, however, ignoring me. Then I learned, ok I guess I can ignore, so now I do. Some guys I'll give a polite response back to tell him no but mostly ignore. There have been a couple guys with whom I have ignored that have lashed out in a very negative manner. Wow! Super glad I didn't give them the time of day! It must make them feel all macho & manly to "put a woman in her place" after being ignored or being rejected (that's happened too). The first time I took it personally, then I realized, he doesn't know me & he's an idiot so it's not personal, move on. I feel sorry for the guys now and maybe chuckle at them. But like I said, only happened a couple times. Others have been cool about it.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Planet Pickup Artist maybe?? Lol I have no idea...yeah I get that it's not "cool", I mean people usually don't lash out, like you said.