Online client progress: Sun_Fish

Options
SideSteel
SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
edited November 2014 in Social Groups
A while back when I had made a thread advertising my online consulting, a few people had asked if I would post an update on some online client results. Here is one such thread.

I'm posting here with her permission so that you can see what work we've done in the past few months.

Her user name is sun_fish and per her request I'm going to refer to her as that throughout this post.

She came to me doing a mix of dumbbell exercises and practicing deadlifts with an empty bar on a modified All Pros setup. She was weighing around 120lbs and on her own she had already lost a substantial amount of weight. She was looking for my help to monitor her training program and perhaps drop another 10lbs or so to get her in the neighborhood of 110.

Before I get into the before/after photos and her metrics, which are all great, there's a bigger accomplishment here that is far more important than weight on a barbell or lines in the abdomen.

Part-way through consulting sun_fish, I learned that the obsessiveness with logging food intake was causing some potential issues with both food relationships and real life relationships with her family. Given these circumstances, we took a gradual approach to removing food tracking.

She has now been eating without logging anything for over 30 days, and in that time she has maintained her weight around 110. So not only did she reach her fat loss goal that we originally set, but she got to that goal WHILE removing logging and consequently removing stress from the system and she has maintained that leanness without logging.

I see her as having grown in confidence that she has all the tools necessary to maintain her weight without undo fear that the wheels are going to fall off the wagon.

Her diet is now what I would truly call "flexible".

For clarity, almost all of my clients log intake and it's a tool that I heavily rely on to drive changes in body composition. This post is not in any way suggesting that people shouldn't log. But I do believe that it's not the only method, nor should it be the method that EVERYONE needs to use long-term.

Now having said that, here are some other changes that have occurred:
- Her weight has gone from 120 to 110 which was her goal. She is now maintaining that weight without logging food.
- She is now barbell training and if I do say so myself her squat is probably better than 95% of what you will see in most commercial gyms. (Below parallel with solid technique). I'm going to upload and post a video of her squats below.
- She's squatting 80# 5x5 currently with room in the tank.
- Her deadlift is at 120# for 5 with room in the tank.

Her waist, hips, and thighs have all decreased in measurement by 1 to 1.5 inches each.

And above all else she's more confident in herself both under the barbell and just generally speaking, and that's a huge win in my book.

f2gv4vg2gl4h.jpeg
aofgz668wnck.jpeg
441y70uqs5wm.jpeg

Squat video here --- I don't know if we can embed video yet in the forums but if anyone knows how to, please feel free to do so in a reply. Then tell me how you did it. LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGxiDBUhuM&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So much progress!! This is awesome, love the before and after pics. What was the time elapsed in these? Amazing.

Also appreciate the approach to intake, love that you two worked to find what's right for her. Mad props and well done to both of you!!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Great work you two!! I hope to get to where you are with the logging. Thanks for the pics,and video. Absolutely love this <3<3
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    That is really impressive progress in body composition, but more importantly imo is the fact that sun_fish has been able to do this in a way that has lead to an improved quality of life by not logging as well as gaining the tools to maintain/progress in a way that is more sustainable to her, and would be to many.

Also, fwiw, I have seen sun_fish's lifts - her form is excellent and she I can see those numbers increasing steadily.

TL;DR: BOOM!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Looking great congrats sun_fish, it's great to see your progress in both your physical form and lifestyle, thanks for letting SS share your story :)
  • Fit_in_Folsom
    Fit_in_Folsom Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Very impressive! Great work!!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Great work sun_fish!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Quote my post to see how it's done. Then you can delete my post if you want. If you can. Which I doubt, because moronic forum upgrade.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ^ Thanks!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    All of this is so impressive! Well done and congrats, sun_fish!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How awesome!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Working with SS has been a great experience. I never thought I would be where I am now, not logging my food yet maintaining my weight, and lifting what I am. SS posted my squat as 5x5x80#, and last night I hit 5x5x85! This is after only having done goblet squats previously (highest was 35#). I am excited to not only have finally learned how to squat with a barbell, but to have progressed to 85# is hard to believe.
  • sun_fish
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So much progress!! This is awesome, love the before and after pics. What was the time elapsed in these? Amazing.

Also appreciate the approach to intake, love that you two worked to find what's right for her. Mad props and well done to both of you!!

Thank you!

The time frame for the pics is 4 months - the beginning of July to Nov 1st (I started working with SS July 1st). The first month I was doing the modified All Pros, then began SS's program on Aug 11. I hit my goal weight on Aug 22.
  • sun_fish
    Options
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic! Thank you for the video, also-- it's always good to be reminded of proper technique. :smile:
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    N5byr13yA8gIo.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to bro this thread, but :fistbump:

:D
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! At 121lb and considering getting weights into my routine. En route to 110 or 115 so great match in terms of inspiration. Thxs for sharing.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Excellent!