Starting Strength Book Club

Options
TravelsWithHuckleberry
TravelsWithHuckleberry Posts: 955 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
The divine MissHoliday and I have been chatting about how we both want to really dive into Rippetoe's "Starting Strength." We've skimmed and picked up pointers here and there, but know we're missing some good stuff by not reading the whole damn thing. And since it is rather... well, verbose, we figured doing it together would make it easier.

So we are going to start a little SS Book Club. Read a chapter together, discuss it, try out the form suggestions in our workouts, discuss those, tweak, review, whatever, repeat with the next chapter.

I'm thinking a different thread for each chapter might make the most sense, so people can jump in to the conversation any time, and post chapter- / lift- specific stuff.

Would anyone like to join us?

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ooooo peeps. i am so going to lurk.

i haven't bought starting strength but it's a book i would buy in a heartbeat if i could find a copy of it anywhere in my real 3d world (i don't shop online, ever. unless it's once-in-a-lifetime like a ry cooder concert or something like that). and i kind of dont' feel right about scooping the entire benefit of it without giving him his royalty money, but i don't mind lurking At All.

in the meantime, i may have to go to my local mega-bookstore that does nto hve it, and see if i can get them to order it there.
  • TheMOC
    TheMOC Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did someone say book club?? It's only $9.99 on kindle, hell yeah I'm in.
  • haley183
    haley183 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I haven't read it, and this will give me modivation to do so! I keep saying I'm going to download it onto my kindle to read next, but it hasn't happened yet.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Great! I'm excited to get started.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have it sooooo ok. I'm hesitant because it is such dry reading lol... Like a textbook. College memories!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    I'm so glad so many of you are interested in doing this! :)

I started a Chapters 1 & 2 thread, so

Ready...

Set...

Go!
  • haley183
    haley183 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Kindle edition so I'll have it tonight when I get home from work. I'm ready and now set.