Does this seem reasonable?

Options
leooftheyear
leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
I just completed Stage 1, i still have the bonus workouts to complete this week as well as one set of each exercise from Stage 2 in preparation to start Stage 2 next week. During Stage 1 I was doing 2-3 days of lifting, 2-3 Body Combat classes(30 mins each) and 2-3 CX Workx classes (30 mins each). For Stage 2 i am thinking about shaking it up a little bit, i am planning on lifting 2 days a week, 2 days of C25K and 1 day of Body Pump and CX Worx (30 mins each) with 2 rest days. For my interval training i was thinking about using the fitness ropes at the gym to complete the 15min intervals. Does this seem reasonable?

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I think the overall answer will be: it depends.

For some, that's quite a lot. However, considering the extra things you kept up during stage one, it doesn't seem unreasonable once given that context. Long as you get enough rest and are aware of how things are going to keep from burning out, then you should be fine.

Right now I'm doing stage 1 3 days a week, C25K 3 days a week (only through week 1 so far) and I work on my feet 5-6 days a week with right now 6 being the norm. I'd like to have one day of Grit Strength but not with working 6 days. My feet are the only thing really achy from being on them so much. Hopefully soon though I'll be back to 5 days a week work. I do rest 1 day where it's an easy work shift with less steps.

So, it's partly what works best for you.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Why do Body Pump? This will only hinder your lifts on your lifting days. The ++++++ reps don't really assist with strength gain. Personally I'd forget CX works too - core strength can be gained from the program without a specific focus on it - lifting weights does this all by itself.

The C25K is ok, but depending on your distance/ times, won't hit as many cals/ cardio peaks as the combat class (so long as you put in 100% to your class). There is nothing wrong with changing it up but make sure your plan aligns with your overall goals.

Personally, I lift 3-4 times a week, cardio (usually combat) 2 - 3 times a week with one rest day.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    jo_marnes wrote: »
    Why do Body Pump? This will only hinder your lifts on your lifting days. The ++++++ reps don't really assist with strength gain. Personally I'd forget CX works too - core strength can be gained from the program without a specific focus on it - lifting weights does this all by itself.

The C25K is ok, but depending on your distance/ times, won't hit as many cals/ cardio peaks as the combat class (so long as you put in 100% to your class). There is nothing wrong with changing it up but make sure your plan aligns with your overall goals.

Personally, I lift 3-4 times a week, cardio (usually combat) 2 - 3 times a week with one rest day.

I was thinking pump or cx worx to get light weigh training in but you're right, ill stick with combat or interval training on saturdays; the reason i dropped the body combat classes in favor of C25K was because i switched the gym to the morning and they don't have any body combat classes in the morning
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I just ditto what Jo said. It really depends on your goals and priorities and what you really enjoy.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are just replacing your third day of lifting each week with a different lifting program - body pump... I have no issue with cardio or pilates/yoga type workouts on off days, but why add a different weight training program into an already dynamic program?