2015 MFP Giro d'Italia Challenge - Graham Watson Thread

Options
TheBigYin
TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
Marco-Pantani-659x440.jpg

As mentioned in the Discussion thread, This year, a new innovation is an additional award, which I'm Calling the Graham Watson Award.

For those of you who don't recognise the name, Graham is pretty much the top dog when it comes to racing cycling photography - if you have spent any time whatsoever looking at bike race Images, chances are you've seen an awful lot of his work. Have a look here - http://www.grahamwatson.com/ - at some of the galleries, and you'll realise just how all pervasive his stuff is.

So, as you may guess, in parallel with the "Ride Logging" thread, we're going to have a "Photo Logging" thread, and at the end of the thread, I'll organise an independent judge to view the thread and declare a 1-2-3 of the Images submitted.

Please don't feel like you've got to submit something from every ride, just do something if it takes your eye, and it's generally "on topic" - the judge will be briefed to be looking for things that fit the theme of the Giro d'Italia - so I'm expecting a fair amount of Pink Jerseys, Tricolore's and generally people looking "Bella en Sella", as well as stunning views (with a bike propped up in frame somewhere)

If you wish to add a bit of a "ride report" with the photo, then all the better - I really think that the whole reporting thing added quite a bit to the experience of the Classics Challenge - both from my part, and for most of the people participating... I know I'd be thinking "I wonder where everyone's been and what stories they will have to tell" when I was riding the back half of my rides this year.

Thread is open for Submissions captured on any day 9th May through to 31st May and will close a few days afterwards - but the "rest day" shots shouldn't really be ride related. I've already got one planned with the bike in the workstand getting washed down :laugh:

Replies