NS Equivalent Entrees From Feb 10 2015 by Michelle (m2marsh)

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hi All
I am posting the 24 images (pages) of Entrees.

This set of 24 images is the complete NS Equivalent Entrees by Michelle from the Old NutriSystem Forums. These can be used if You run short of NS food before a delivery or to aid when You Flex.

I hope these help
Roger

P.S. Feel free to add any others that You run across in the store :)

NS Equivalent Entrees and Add-ins
Updated m2marsh 2/10/2015
This June update deleted a LOT of entrees that used to fit the dinner stats. NS dropped their calorie level down to 280, which eliminated many that were in the 281-300 range.
These Nutritional Statistics were taken from each product's website. Stats are for the product's suggested serving size.
1. These stats are for the entree only. Use them as you would an NS entree. So if your meal plan has you add a PF with the meal, then add it.
2. I can't evaluate whether these entrees are low on the Glycemic Index. The NS plan works best with meals that are Low GI. Clearly a good number of these are Low GI. Some may not be. You'd need to look at the ingredients to get a better idea.
3 I looked at calories, fat, carb, and protein when evaluating whether an entree fits as a breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast, dessert, PF, or SC. So, for example, if an entree fits the calorie range, but is too low in protein or too high in carbs, it didn't make the list. If an item has more than one thing Applicable Entree Column, then it will work for any of those listed.
4 If you look at the stats for any of these entrees, clearly there are better choices than others. Some are quite high in carb, while quite low in protein, for example. But the ONLY guideline I used is the NS stats for entrees. If the food fit the stat ranges for calories, fat, carbs, and protein, it made the list.
5 The Rating column is of course subjective. But it is useful to me. I left it in so that others can use it for their own ratings. I completely revamped this list, and most of the things I had rated are no longer on the company's website so I assume they are retired. That is why there are so few that have a value in that column.
6 This table created in Microsoft Word 2007. The table is fully sortable on any column. It can also sort by one column, and then a second sub sort. So you can sort by high protein, low calorie, low fat, etc. Or when shopping, I print it out sorted by my ratings so that I can find things I've tried and rated highly. Yes, I'm aware this would probably be better in Microsoft Excel. But I'm and Excel novice and a Word expert. So there you have it!
7 Breakfast and Desserts are interchangeable stat-wise. So you can assume if I say it is OK for Breakfast, it is OK for Dessert. If an entree fit the stats for a Breakfast -- it made the list. There are lots of non-breakfast sounding items that made the list because the stats fit -- and I'm can't judge what you might want to eat in the morning! There are a couple of items marked strictly "Dessert". Those only have 4 grams of protein, and therefore didn't qualify for a Breakfast.
8 If a cereal goes over the breakfast caloric limit when using 4 ounces of fat free milk, it didn't make the list. All cereals were calculated with 4 ounces of skim milk.

Replies

• RogerToo
    Options
    Here are the first ones from Amy's to partial Healthy Choice
    3lDKPU.jpg

zDs7eH.jpg

82SARE.jpg

EIsJUx.jpg

• RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Here are the rest of the Healthy Choice to Kashi

WUyHrF.jpg

RTQJYR.jpg

SzOckg.jpg

N0cWZo.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Here are the Kashi to Lean Cuisine Partial

DwCeJm.jpg

Rm0lpI.jpg

EP9YDj.jpg

I6YgCR.jpg

• RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Here is the rest of the lean Cuisine to Partial Michelina's

YloEoM.jpg

tGrmeo.jpg

c1zXYZ.jpg

7HFqr7.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Here are the rest of the Michelina's to WW Smart Ones

aoT8oo.jpg

OXrfPP.jpg

Bu9nfq.jpg

k37oTP.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    And here is the rest of the list from WW Smart Ones to Yasso, the last on the list.
    Enjoy
    Roger

m9NrtF.jpg

B8VJTz.jpg

QG4a27.jpg

Q9IlHg.jpg
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That's awesome thank you so much :))
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Bless you, Roger. THANKS!
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Great info Roger! I am going to be a stick in the mud and mention that we need to watch our sodium intake when hitting the frozen foods isle... many of the frozen stuff I've looked at, while meeting the calorie counts is double the sodium counts of NS.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    That's awesome thank you so much :))

Hi Sue
    No problem, Do watch the Sodium of course as is mentioned by surrealchereal :) However Even if higher Sodium still better for You than higher calorie or empty calories :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Bless you, Roger. THANKS!

Hi Flo
    I have not looked for these in the aisles. I am sure some are not available in some stores. No store carries everything :(

Cheers
    Roger
    Great info Roger! I am going to be a stick in the mud and mention that we need to watch our sodium intake when hitting the frozen foods isle... many of the frozen stuff I've looked at, while meeting the calorie counts is double the sodium counts of NS.

Hi
    Still more healthy than many foods out there.

TTFN
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    huge thank you Roger :) i have quite a bit of Michelle's posts saved but never came across this one.... will save to pdf when i get home tonight :)

~kel