Two of my WHY's...one photo

Options
nmwade0927
nmwade0927 Posts: 278 Member
This is hard for me to do because I don't like the way I look - but this is WHY the image is important to show. This is my BEFORE - I don't want to look this way - That is one WHY. See the cute little girl in front of me? That is my daughter - She is another WHY. She deserves better...so do my son and husband. So do I. If you want to support this journey - don't be afraid to friend me. I try to write a blog post several times a week (and make it funny - although if you ask my husband I am not as near as funny as I think ;-)) and would love more participation in them! Thanks for looking!tgv4iiwcfwjm.png

Replies

• vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I hear you girl. I was looking at a family picture we took at a wedding and man the camera doesn't lie. My number one why is my health. I'll add you. :-)
  • nmwade0927
    Options
    Thanks - I look forward to the support we can offer each other during this journey!
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ditto. i delete about half of all photos and was really picky on doing professional ones but my son deserves photos with mom like my daughter had. it's just super emotional
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I absolutely REFUSE to let myself be photographed unless I'm doing it myself. Then a lot of the pics get cut because I look awful. I don't want to be like that anymore. I want to be able to be in pictures with my family and friends. I don't want to be afraid of the camera anymore, or the mirror.
  • mah_masha
    mah_masha Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i feel like u the same and i am miss yo yo dieting ..i don't even know how to start again ..i would love to add u..
  • vgasca
    vgasca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I respect you and you should be proud you are doing this for your little girl! I feel the exact same way. What is sad is that I am missing out on pictures and memories of myself because I hate the way I look. It really stinks when you think you look okay- but then you see a picture of yourself and the camera doesn't lie. Encouragement to you! I sent you a friend request by the way-I like funny! :smiley:
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I HATE photos of me 99% of the time. The only ones I like are old ones I come across from high school when I was young and had a great metabolism! Now I'm the one behind the camera, and luckily very few of me get out there. I don't want to feel that way. I want to be proud of how I look and for my family to be proud too! They're excellent reasons WHY!
  • nmwade0927
    Options
    Lets do this then :-)
  • bethinmass
    bethinmass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have a similar picture that got me started.
  • MrsSherriff042316
    MrsSherriff042316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are so brave! I hate all pictures of myself so I completely understand your motivation. I would love to work together to accomplish our goals.
  • elzbth3966
    elzbth3966 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Adding you! Would love to have the support of another mom!
  • PotterMrsMFP
    PotterMrsMFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I so know how you feel! My profile says pretty much similar to what you have said here! I'm always the one taking the photo rather than in it and if I don't change my body then I'm never gonna change the way I think about myself, I want the confidence to stand in on a photo. I want my kids to have photos of us together to show their kids! My sons are 10yrs & 8yrs, growing up way too fast and there's so little of me infront of the camera from the past 10yrs!!

Iv added you x