RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
100% Challenge - Loving the Journey - January 18 to February 28

100% Challenge - Loving the Journey

euniltdkds4v.jpg

This is a 6 week challenge.
It runs from Monday January 18, 2016 to Sunday February 28
The rules are very simple:
Use NS FOODS (or equivalent of your own foods following the NS guidelines)
100% water means at least 64 ounces
100% food & water every day.
*** 100% food means your NS foods for the day and all the add-ins on the NS Plan or
Staying on plan using NS Foods or using equivalent foods or all of Your foods that meet the plan requirements***
* For each day post your 100% in red bold along with the date so it's easier to update the spreadsheet.
(Example: 100% 01/19/2016 or NOT 100% 01/19/2016 )
* Exercise 3x/week but we won't track exercise; that is up to you.
* Post as often as you can! DAILY is BEST!
* Have fun, ask questions, answer questions, help where you can, give support...get support!
* Weigh-in day is SUNDAY (if you need a different day, just let us know)
Post your weigh-in, how much you lost or gained or if you maintained.
(example: WEIGH-IN: 180.2 or Lost 1.5 pounds)
* Set a goal of what you want to lose over the next 6 weeks.
(many of us make a ticker to track our progress)

JOIN US ANYTIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
NO CUT-OFF TIME FOR JOINING

"Welcome" to new challengers and "Welcome Back" to those returning to the 100% Challenge.

Raise your hand if you've ever stood in front of a mirror and thought, "How did I ever get this way? How did I let myself go? When did I gain all this weight?"

It’s happened to the best of us…that moment when all defenses are down and you simply take a long hard look at where your body is, versus maybe where it used to be, and it all comes together in one big rush of sadness. Or anger. Or guilt. But don’t despair—you can fix this!

Really, when you have that moment, standing there shaking your head at yourself and wondering where all your pride and dedication went (along with where the heck that twenty-one year-old body you used to have went) stop and gather yourself. Remember, you can turn it all around. You CAN get that body back—and then some.

It’s truly all within your reach.

So get on track today and say goodbye to that moment when your shoulders drop as you step on the scale. Say goodbye to those heavy sighs in front of the mirror, or those frustrated groans when those pants just won’t zip.

You put them all in the past the moment you decide to choose differently and take control.

Take back yourself. Remember, this is YOUR year.

Spreadsheet Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OQjV4gBqKQM9F88HuzTqfwI37TdJqmFnJUJwrtcd6wI/edit#gid=0

Replies

• mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Starting Weight = 233.2
    Goal = 12 lbs
    WI day = Monday

And here's the link to the new spreadsheet:

100% Challenge Spreadsheet - Loving the Journey (1/18 thru 2/28)
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options
    01/18/2016 100%
    Goal is to lose 7 pounds as I am getting nearer to my goal. Actually the doctor said I was good where I am. However the mirror says otherwise :)

Hi
    Roger's going Crazy :)
    So to speak anyway. Wind chill was around 2 degrees this morning. So I went walking bundled up anyway. There is (was) a method to my madness however. I was trying a hand warming pad to see if it would do the job and I figured those conditions would do a thorough test. So I opened it 30 minutes early and shook it like the directions said, as it said it would take 15 to 30 minutes to warm up. That was 7:15 and it is still warm. at 11:45.

So now I know I need to order some more so I can put one in each mitten to keep my fingers warm as that is where I feel the cold the worst.

FWIW I went walking a second time at 3:30Pm Yesterday. That added 6 or 7 thousand steps to the day. Today that isn't happening, just to darn cold.

My Current order has closed and I got an email that the label has been created which probably means it will ship tonight and be delivered tomorrow. I look forward to trying the new foods and snacks.

Have a Good Tuesday
    RogerToo
    Starting Weight = 233.2
    Goal = 12 lbs
    WI day = Monday

And here's the link to the new spreadsheet:

Hi Mary
    My Goal is to lose 7 pounds as I mentioned above. I think that is attainable as I did lose over 6 pounds in the last one despite Christmas and News Years holiday meals falling in it.

Thank You
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/19/2016 100%

Hi
    When I went out walking + 2 Cents today the nearby temperature was 27 with a wind chill of 20 :) That makes the wind chill 18 degrees warmer than yesterdays walk. I plan to drop by the local sporting goods store later on and see what they carry for hand warmers. Using the test one yesterday my hands were warmer than today. Decision is one time use, rechargeable battery powered or some other type.

Today I see that tracking shows I have a delivery out for delivery on truck. No Indication as to whether it is the BWB or the BBB or both. Both have new items in them, Frozen breakfast sandwich and Shelf Stable desserts for example. Look forward to me adding comments on how they taste as well as a better review in the NS food reviews group here.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Did we lose Ginny, Donna, & Roger? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!! :wink:
  • RogerToo
    Options

01/20/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I woke up early so I walked early too 7K+ steps :) I plan to head out later too. I need to burn of yesterdays temptation of Chicken Broccoli And Egg Roll from the Local Chinese Take Out.

It appears that I may be busy today. My NS was not delivered yesterday and it showed a delivery exception. Today in my email I see my suspicion is correct, Now I have two emails that my food has shipped from two different locations. I believe That indicates both the BBB and the BWB should be coming today. I have a feeling NS may have orchestrated it to save a little money.

Have a Good Thursday
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Did we lose Ginny, Donna, & Roger? Come out, come out, wherever you are!!! :wink:

Hi Mary
    I meant to mention Ginny, She went MIA during the last challenge. I seem to recall something about a trip. We may gain someone else. Things have never been the same since NS pulled the forums.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options

01/21/2016 100%

Hi
    It was somewhat cold out this morning, 15 degrees when I walked by the bank that has a time & temperature display. Snow is supposed to start around midnight according to the latest weather forecast so I may not be out walking tomorrow :) They are predicting 6 to 12 inches where I am in todays forecast, Blizzard conditions too. :(

I have now tried three of the new NS food items now.
    The Bacon, Egg, Cheese Muffin 5* I did over microwave it which made the bacon slightly tough :(

The Sweet & Salty Snack Mix 4*, I dinged it due to not being particularly Sweet or Salty, OTOH I did like the Nuts in it so I will reorder it. This could be replicated at a lower cost, I just need to scale the components.

The Vanilla Shortbread Sticks 5*, Crunchy but tasty and a decent portion size.

Coming up in todays menu are the Chocolate Chip Dough bar for lunch, The Smoky BBQ Snack Rounds and the Apple Pecan Bites as my Snack/Dessert.

Have a Great Friday
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm back, I was out of town on business and not good internet services or I couldn't log in. I need to weigtomorrow morning and I will post starting weight. I have not been able to weigh in a week, plus I have been sick, so we will see.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    01/18/2016 Not 100%
    I had a problem with Chicken Parm from the Pizzeria :(

Back to 100% planned for today

Hi
    Anybody else having bad weather? We were outside shoveling around 9:30AM this morning, I had to use the bottom of the Storm door on the porch like a plow to be able to lean out and shovel a place to stand to finish opening it. When I stuck the yardstick in the sidewalk to the street It showed 13 inches and the sidewalk to the driveway was at 16 inches but I suspect blowing snow for the difference. I am going with the 13 inches being close to correct, I also measured that in the flat part of the driveway between my brothers car and the street. Earlier we watched a OEM vehicle sitting out in the street, eventually he ticketed a car parked across the street. Ordinance is no parking on the street for snow removal.
    The Apple Pecan Bites were tasty 4.5*
    the Chocolate Chip Dough lunch bar was somewhat disappointing due to not being what I was expecting, 3* for that reason. However I could see others liking it and it is one of the lower calorie lunches. one of the Chicken Soups is lower however no real texture to the soup so...

Cheers
    RogerToo
    I'm back, I was out of town on business and not good internet services or I couldn't log in. I need to weigh tomorrow morning and I will post starting weight. I have not been able to weigh in a week, plus I have been sick, so we will see.

Hi Donna
    I had a suspicion that was the case. I am sorry to hear You have been sick.

Get well quickly
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Ok, I weighed this morning, 196.4, whew! So we will start from there on this challenge.

1/23 100

Hope to lose 6.4 on this challenge.
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options

01/23/2016 100%

Hi
    I survived the Blizzard :) No walking of course, We shoveled snow three times yesterday and so far today once, at least one or two more times needed to clear my car. Currently my car looks like a glacier. Very tiring throwing the snow up and over the banks of snow too. 27+ inches of global warming in the next town to the north, that is around 1+ miles. No walking today of course maybe tomorrow. NYC .1 inches less than the record snowfall. In NJ the deepest snow was 33 inches in Morris Plains. A town to the west of me a 10 to 15 minute drive was over 29 inches. Somerville was at 27.4 inches :(

The Toffee Crunch cookies were great *****
    The Smokey BBQ Snack-A-Rounds I am rating at ***. They would have rated higher except for the way the left my tongue burning. I do not eat hot and spicy foods. The Good for them was a nice quantity of them in the package.

Can You spot my car in this picture? Also notice the Yardstick at the back of it.

TDYajW.jpg

Have a Safe Sunday
    RogerToo
    Ok, I weighed this morning, 196.4, whew! So we will start from there on this challenge.

1/23 100

Hope to lose 6.4 on this challenge.

Hi Donna
    Congratulations on that.

Have a Good Sunday
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Glad I'm a Floridian, I would not know how to handle that, but at least the snow shoveling sounds like it is taking the place of your walking activity. Heck, it was 39 here this morning and I was cold.

• RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options

01/24/2016 Not 100%
    I was out shoveling and missed my afternoon snack.

Hi
    I lost my mind and went walking this morning + 25 cents and 1:35 duration, only 6k steps however due to the footing, 7 degrees with no breeze. Then home for Breakfast followed by More shoveling. The Sidewalk to the street is now finished as is the end of the driveway to the patio :)

Pictures of some of the shoveled sidewalks, many are not shoveled yet. Neat tunnel
    i0DgD9.jpg

kP1RkJ.jpg

cqcCnt.jpg

Evidently 60% of the plows in town broke down during the plowing. They were out again today doing a finish plowing on many streets that really needed it too.

Have a Safe Monday
    RogerToo
    Glad I'm a Floridian, I would not know how to handle that, but at least the snow shoveling sounds like it is taking the place of your walking activity. Heck, it was 39 here this morning and I was cold.
    Hi Donna
    39 degrees would be nice, it was 7 degrees in a nearby town when I left for my walk. Not to bad with no breeze. I did slip a few times however. I may wait tomorrow until later in the day to let the Sun soften the snow/ice.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    01/26/2016 100%

Hi
    I am delaying my walk today until later, I am waiting for the surfaces to warm up and soften for better traction. I was slipping some yesterday in places so today I will play safe. It is below freezing currently with decent above average temperatures forecast for today.

Despite the handicap of equipment breaking down the town workers did a good job especially compared to parts of Queens, NY and Newark, NJ where last nights news still showed unplowed roads.

Have a Really Great Tuesday
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Still feeling like crap with this cold, but I guess I shouldn't complain. Cool pictures, how do you make the sidewalks so perfect. It's neat. The Florida winter is over, lol. tEmps back to the high 60s low 70s.

I guess I have missed a few postings.

1/24 100
    1/25 100
    1/26 not 100
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2016
    Options

01/26/2016 100%

Hi
    It was 39 degrees this morning so I went walking at my normal time since the snow melt would not have frozen into a icy surface. I also stopped at the Produce store for my Brothers Poblano & Red peppers, Yellow Onion & Cherry Tomatoes. Two Lettuce for him and one for me and four apples and a 3 pound bag of Clementines and Some Bananas for me. I sort of over shopped as the back pack was heavy so I took the short route home, That leaves me somewhat short on steps so I'll be going back out later. Most of the streets are fine, Many of the sidewalks are clean, however at the corners it is tough going or else go out a driveway to the street and walk a little there due to the piles of snow pushed up by the plows at the corners.

Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    Still feeling like crap with this cold, but I guess I shouldn't complain. Cool pictures, how do you make the sidewalks so perfect. It's neat. The Florida winter is over, lol. tEmps back to the high 60s low 70s.

I guess I have missed a few postings.

1/24 100
    1/25 100
    1/26 not 100

Hi Donna
    I do not see Mary so it looks like I need to use the spreadsheet I started for us. I shoveled my Sidewalks, Some of the ones in town You can see where they ran a snow blower and some are shoveled.

I wish I had temps in the 60s or 70s :)

Feel Better
    Roger
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Sorry, Roger, but I can update the spreadsheet. No excuse for not being here... Just normal life happening... That's quite a bit of snow you have there! Wish we would have had more... :smile: It's supposed to be in the 60's on Saturday, so will be sure to send your way.

Hi Donna! Glad your back and on track...
  • RogerToo
    Options
    01/18/2016 100%

Hi
    I am delaying my walk until it warms up, no sense tempting fate while walking and hitting a icy patch and falling. 23 degrees colder this morning too. Yesterday it was above freezing and this morning it is 13 degrees in a nearby town according to the TV. So I am awaiting better temperatures before walking.

Walking in the Boots is a fair bit more tiring than walking in the walking shoes due to the extra weight. I did get out again yesterday between Breakfast and Noontime for some additional walking to work on making up for lost step count from the weather. I wore the walking shoes on the second walk FWIW.

Have a Good Thursday
    RogerToo
    Sorry, Roger, but I can update the spreadsheet. No excuse for not being here... Just normal life happening... That's quite a bit of snow you have there! Wish we would have had more... :smile: It's supposed to be in the 60's on Saturday, so will be sure to send your way.

Hi Donna! Glad your back and on track...

Hi Mary
    I thought we might have lost You :)
    Glad to see You are still here. Real Life comes first.

I think today is the coldest day of the week, then tomorrow it warms up again, oh well.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Roger, don't you burn calories for just trying to stay warm. It has rain here all day yesterday and today, cooler tomorrow.

My MIL has been at it again. With only the two of us in the house, she makes a big bowl of flan, and then says it's all yours. And a weakness of mine. Therefore,

1/27 and 1/28 not 100%
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Okay, it's updated and here's the link. I'm tired and need to go to bed. Early day for work & it will be a full day tomorrow. Have a great weekend!